SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

There's that. Also, aren't tower controllers responsible for setting the switches? The T/O may have been at fault for not clearing this up with the tower (DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT PRETEND TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT RTO OPERATIONS, I AM MERELY GUESSING BASED ON WHAT AVAILABLE INFO I HAVE), but he has no control over the actual positions of the switches.

Yeah tower controllers are responsible for switches and signals I meant the T/O wasn't paying attention to the switches which caused the train to wrong rail into the station when CBTC comes into play we might not ever have to deal with this again and plus I didnt say anything RTO operator all I said is that the T/O and conductor are going to be in deep s**t because of this Edited by R3216068E

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I pretty much meant the T/O and the conductor screwed up

Why do you say that? Was there any report of a collision tonight? I haven't heard anything like that on the news. Where was this incident supposed to have happened? Anyone else know about this incident?

Why do you say that? Was there any report of a collision tonight? I haven't heard anything like that on the news. Where was this incident supposed to have happened? Anyone else know about this incident?

It happened last night there was no collision the T/O just wrong railed into the station and the people got of the train that was on the wrong track and evacuated into the other train that was into the station

Good point about the emergency situations, I hadn't even thought of that.

Also, was it ever confirmed that the (A) train incident was the T/O's fault? There seems to be a lot of unnecessary jumping to conclusions.

Yeah the blamed it on the T/O there were signal problems at the time and the T/O screwed up badly by switching on to the downtown tracks they didn't even notice they were going the opposite direction till they saw the headlights of a downtown train

Its legit a (J). Caught it at Broadway Junction. That vandalized R32 set been there for a few days now, caught a photo of it on the deck coupled in a 10 car set mixed with R42s

EDIT

According to a T/O on fb (take it how you want) there will be a few R143s on the (J) and in the fall, some R32s on the (M).

Once again, take it how you see it, he's saying its coming from RTO management.

Here's a video that popped up on YT in my subscriptions :)

LOL that's my video Edited by Fresh Pond

Its legit a (J). Caught it at Broadway Junction. That vandalized R32 set been there for a few days now, caught a photo of it on the deck coupled in a 10 car set mixed with R42s

EDIT

According to a T/O on fb (take it how you want) there will be a few R143s on the (J) and in the fall, some R32s on the (M).

Once again, take it how you see it, he's saying its coming from RTO management.

LOL that's my video

Now another T/O is saying the RTO management said R143 to the (M) not R32

Either way, it looks like the (J) and (M) are gonna see some interesting cars.

Now another T/O is saying the RTO management said R143 to the (M) not R32

If the change does happen, it's more than likely R143s. Unless ENY wants to overhaul those R32s just to get a southern Metropolitan Terminal and orange (M).