SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

If it's an R62A with a half width cab, you are just as entitled to it as you would be on a 32 or 42.

But is it really okay to do it on an full cab R62/R62A (especially on the back of other subway cars like the 32 or 42s)?

Edited by TheNewYorkElevated

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not disallowed, but it's up to the driver whether he wants to be vindictive and block your view with a coat or not.

I hear that, I've ran into many d**k head drivers who like to hold the open with their foot and not let anyone see out the RFWs.

I have not posted or read anything in the "Random Thoughts Topic" thread so sorry if this has been discussed. 

Question: I have a basic Metrocard because I only use 6 trips per week. The card has an expiration date (December 31st, 2015). If my card still has money on it but I am not planning on using it until 2016 can I walk up to one of the station agent windows in a station and ask him/her to transfer the remaining money onto a new Metrocard?

Thanks.

I hear that, I've ran into many d**k head drivers who like to hold the open with their foot and not let anyone see out the RFWs.

Probably because it's eight thousand degrees in the cab and cramped as hell. It's not usually a vindictive decision. Just enjoy the view of the operations with the open door!

There's R142s on the (6) What the Hell is going on with all these car assignment swaps?!

I know that feel bro. I wonder what kind of shit is going on here. >_<

Borrowed car from Jerome due to shortages at Westchester.

I am really upset because one R142 (6) passed me on the express track at 143 St. SMH. Next week then hopefully.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

Lol an R143 and an R160 look similar to me. That's like a 1996 RTS running on a Quill route.

I've noticed that the (R) has been using more R160's as of lately. Is that because they want more R46's to be outside on the (F). I counted 4 R46's on the (F) and I usually only see one.

Even though everyone knows 160s are on the (R)

Few days ago, I see 2-3 160s (R) but today there was about 6 underground on the (R). Im thinking the 46s have A/C problems

*It was said on the article that 160s causes vibrations south of brooklyn to keep them off the (R)

Edited by Calvin

Wow, 6 pages worth of posts on the R143 (J) in the last 12 hours.

I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised when a CCY R68 ran on the (B) on Monday and the conquestors got so excited that they SET THE TRAIN ON FIRE (or last year when an R32 was on the (R) and they decided to steal the rollsign box from THAT train).....I can only imagine what kind of damage is being done to that R143 set right now....

There's that. Also, aren't tower controllers responsible for setting the switches? The T/O may have been at fault for not clearing this up with the tower (DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT PRETEND TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT RTO OPERATIONS, I AM MERELY GUESSING BASED ON WHAT AVAILABLE INFO I HAVE), but he has no control over the actual positions of the switches.

A wrong lineup isn't considered a wrong lineup until it is accepted by the train operator. There's a reason that home signals have different aspects depending on the direction of the switch.

Edited by Snowblock