SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What did the train do after getting to 145th? Did people come off of the train at 135th?

After 135th, everyone thought that the train was going to the Bronx. Once we got the 145th, we stopped there for about 3 minutes, waiting for the (3) to leave 148th. The conductor told us that we got the wrong line up. Than we went to 148th, they let us off and told us to take the (3) that was across the platform back downtown to 110th. I took it to 135th to catch the (2) to the Bronx, since I got an unlimited metrocard.

I meant what TIME.

Yesterday around 2:30ish pm.

So 168 St finnaly has Wi-fi? YAS!

lol... How much time do you actually spend waiting for a train at that station to prompt such excitement? On the other hand, 168 - 181 is so filthy and the elevators are so run down that I can't blame you for being so happy. I mean I was almost stuck on an elevator at 191st street. Was not a pretty sight at all.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Have they finished re-doing 168th and 181st street yet on the (1)

Nope. They are taking FOREVER with those stations and quite frankly it's like a third world country when using those stations.  The residents uptown have dealt with those stations being in disrepair for far too long already and during the summer months if your lucky enough at the 168th St Station the air vent is on for some fresh breeze but still inhaling asbestos & steel. They we're suppose to be finished by this year but I guess it's Wash Heights so the commuters their wouldn't mind the current state of those stations in their mind.

Nope. They are taking FOREVER with those stations and quite frankly it's like a third world country when using those stations.  The residents uptown have dealt with those stations being in disrepair for far too long already and during the summer months if your lucky enough at the 168th St Station the air vent is on for some fresh breeze but still inhaling asbestos & steel. They we're suppose to be finished by this year but I guess it's Wash Heights so the commuters their wouldn't mind the current state of those stations in their mind.

That's ridiculous.  I really think that the residents up there should go to their transportation meetings that their local community boards hold and raise hell and get them to get on the (MTA) about finishing those two stations.  I remember distinctly when those stations started being rehabbed and it's a disgrace that they still haven't finished them yet.  In fact you can argue that they're worse now than they were before the renovation.  The last time I was at 181st or 168th (I forget which one), I saw a rat on the tracks that almost as big as my size 13 shoe. Given how filthy each of those stations are from what is simply negligence, I'm surprised I didn't see more of them.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8