SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Caught an R160 (Z) yesterday at Sutphin, very rare occasion for me to catch a (Z) .

wait the (Z) actually exist?!  :blink: I thought it was a myth  :rolleyes:

Anyways Thursday I rode the first Flushing bound <7> , on and R142A,  and right before we hit Vernon Jackson Blvd, the train stopped. However when it tried to move forward the train wouldn't move then it rolled backwards for about 10ft  before the operator could stop it and the force the train , which struggled, to move forward in the station. I was more surprised that the train didn't got out of service cause of that.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wait the (Z) actually exist?! :blink: I thought it was a myth :rolleyes:

Anyways Thursday I rode the first Flushing bound <7> , on and R142A, and right before we hit Vernon Jackson Blvd, the train stopped. However when it tried to move forward the train wouldn't move then it rolled backwards for about 10ft before the operator could stop it and the force the train , which struggled, to move forward in the station. I was more surprised that the train didn't got out of service cause of that.

You made completely no sense in the middle part.

Okay we stopped outside Vernon Jackson Blvd.

Then when the operator tried to accelerate the train it rolled back.

After rolling back about 10 ft the train stopped.

The operator tried again to move the train forward.

This time it was successful, but the train struggled to make it up the incline into the station.

Okay we stopped outside Vernon Jackson Blvd.

Then when the operator tried to accelerate the train it rolled back.

After rolling back about 10 ft the train stopped.

The operator tried again to move the train forward.

This time it was successful, but the train struggled to make it up the incline into the station.

Ahh! There you go. I got it now.

Does anyone know when R188's test on Sea Beach?

And where do the R188's go to go do CBTC tests?

We've been discussing this for weeks, CBTC is tested on the (7) !! You already asked this questions millions of times! Pay attention and if you have any more questions, which I know you have a lot more, theres a thread for it.

R188's were tested on the (N) Sea Beach back in 2012 before they were ever on the (7) and when they were brand new factory sets brought from the Yonkers plant.

We've been discussing this for weeks, CBTC is tested on the (7) !! You already asked this questions millions of times! Pay attention and if you have any more questions, which I know you have a lot more, theres a thread for it.

R188's were tested on the (N) Sea Beach back in 2012 before they were ever on the (7) and when they were brand new factory sets brought from the Yonkers plant.

They were also tested back in 2013 on the Sea Beach.

first of all we need to assess driverless

but you said if

A route length/hours is determined by available cars, demand, and funding. Also the only routes that you can make "long" are B division rotes which would require a huge CBTC systemwide upgrade that would take years. Additionally new safety measures would need to be instated because part of a driver responsibility is to be prepared for a situation. Furthermore the MTA doesn't really care how long a route is as long as it efficient from what they have available. Easy example are the (A) and (M). However something like this is impossible for the near future (the time you're living) because its not economic feasible considering new training, cars and equipment is necessary.

Short answer Yes if there are demands for long routes, just not now

Edited by IAlam

first of all we need to assess driverless

but you said if

A route length/hours is determined by available cars, demand, and funding. Also the only routes that you can make "long" are B division rotes which would require a huge CBTC systemwide upgrade that would take years. Additionally new safety measures would need to be instated because part of a driver responsibility is to be prepared for a situation. Furthermore the MTA doesn't really care how long a route is as long as it efficient from what they have available. Easy example are the (A) and (M). However something like this is impossible for the near future (the time you're living) because its not economic feasible considering new training, cars and equipment is necessary.

Short answer Yes if there are demands for long routes, just not now

You've got the right idea, efficiency and equipment. I'd doubt that there are many posters out here who can remember when the Dyre line used to change crews at East 180th Street heading N/B. The IND also changed crews on S/B trains at Euclid Avenue heading out to the Rockaways. In both cases the passengers remained on the train while a new crew took them on to their destination. The equipment doesn't need a lunch or bathroom break. Even if the (MTA) ran totally automated subways as long as there is a human onboard who is responsible for safety some accomodation has to be made for him/her. Just my opinion. Carry on.

You've got the right idea, efficiency and equipment. I'd doubt that there are many posters out here who can remember when the Dyre line used to change crews at East 180th Street heading N/B. The IND also changed crews on S/B trains at Euclid Avenue heading out to the Rockaways. In both cases the passengers remained on the train while a new crew took them on to their destination. The equipment doesn't need a lunch or bathroom break. Even if the (MTA) ran totally automated subways as long as there is a human onboard who is responsible for safety some accomodation has to be made for him/her. Just my opinion. Carry on.

I have heard of both. I agree with what you say.

From earlier:

Service Change

Posted: 10/31/2015 8:11PM

Due to an NYPD investigation of a customer injury at St Lawrence Av, there is no (6) train service between Hunts Point Av and Pelham Bay Park.

As an alternative for service Shuttle Bus Service is available between Hunts Point Av and Pelham Bay Park.

Allow additional travel time

I found out on FB that some retard desided to do suicide and got his head cut off <_<