SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Renovations are on their way at the Chambers streets (J)(Z) and 190th street (A) stations https://gothamist.com/news/mta-will-spend-100m-to-revitalize-2-grimy-historic-nyc-subway-stations it’ll take approximately 2 years to compete full renovations on both stations, the bid is still on going, no contract as of now

Edited by Chris89292

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Chris89292 said:

Renovations are on their way at the Chambers streets (J)(Z) and 190th street (A) stations https://gothamist.com/news/mta-will-spend-100m-to-revitalize-2-grimy-historic-nyc-subway-stations it’ll take approximately 2 years to compete full renovations on both stations, the bid is still on going, no contract as of now

The Chambers St renovation honestly should be done to just build a giant block to hide the cavern, and put the platforms and stairs in an encapsulated space to hide the rest of the non-revenue areas.

@TyBusLover1 Here you go! R40 Slant numbered 4207 on the (B)! My 4th train in papercraft! This piece of paper will go along with R32 3741, R33ML 8972, and R33WF 9306!

Btw, my 5th train that I'm planning to make is an R12 on the (7). I have no exact fleet number yet, but If you want me to do anymore of these, let me know, and they will be after the R12. All the lines of all the cars are underneath:

R32 3741: (C)

This train: (B)

R33ML 8972: (7)

R33WF 9306: <7>

The R12 I'm planning on: (7)

Hope you like it!

IMG_20240320_121110.jpg.cde33caa9d72e6e6IMG_20240320_121038.jpg.634f8e1c8c989f72

Edited by Ale188

31 minutes ago, Ale188 said:

@TyBusLover1 Here you go! R40 Slant numbered 4207 on the (B)! My 4th train in papercraft! This piece of paper will go along with R32 3741, R33ML 8972, and R33WF 9306!

Btw, my 5th train that I'm planning to make is an R12 on the (7). I have no exact fleet number yet, but If you want me to do anymore of these, let me know, and they will be after the R12. All the lines of all the cars are underneath:

R32 3741: (C)

This train: (B)

R33ML 8972: (7)

R33WF 9306: <7>

The R12 I'm planning on: (7)

Hope you like it!

IMG_20240320_121110.jpg.cde33caa9d72e6e6IMG_20240320_121038.jpg.634f8e1c8c989f72

10/10 Great!😀

58 minutes ago, Kamen Rider said:

The R142s are only about halfway through their useful lives… if we needed parts we would order them.

it’s the R46s that may need to be canibalozed for spare parts and they are doing it right now for the SIR’s R44s.

Ty

* On the (A) and (C) trains, you see R46, R179 and R211. Although, for those who photograph, ride and fan the (A) line, you may want to go get your images of the R68/A tripper as much as you can (Late PM rush trip from 207 St to Far Rockaway and back to 207 St). It's been said that the one R68/A consist will not be around any longer starting the upcoming Spring/Summer pick (that'll start between the end of June and first week of July). Also, the (B) will have headway changes that'll occur later on. 

* Other pointer: The R160 (Q) to Coney Island from 96 St ( (R) at 96 St that arrives at 8:03 AM) is kept on the next pick.  But hey, you may see that special R32 during the summer if the NYTM will have it for their excursion. 

Edited by Calvin
R68/A A was posted due to more R211s on the A

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

* On the (A) and (C) trains, you see R46, R179 and R211. Although, for those who photograph, ride and fan the (A) line, you may want to go get your images of the R68/A tripper as much as you can (Late PM rush trip from 207 St to Far Rockaway and back to 207 St). It's been said that the one R68/A consist will not be around any longer starting the upcoming Spring/Summer pick (that'll start between the end of June and first week of July). Also, the (B) will have headway changes that'll occur later on. 

* Other pointer: The R160 (Q) to Coney Island from 96 St ( (R) at 96 St that arrives at 8:03 AM) is kept on the next pick.  But hey, you may see that special R32 during the summer if the NYTM will have it for their excursion. 

Do you know what time that r68/a tripper occurs from 207st.

Does anyone know what some of the highest used ridership stations along (SIR) are? Since fares are only collected at two stations (when are they gonna put turnstiles in the rest of the system) its impossible to use (MTA)'s public metric chart to see.

7 hours ago, Far rockaway said:

Do you know what time that r68/a tripper occurs from 207st.

6:47 PM. It’s suggested to get to the terminal before that time to see if it runs or not. 

14 hours ago, Calvin said:

6:47 PM. It’s suggested to get to the terminal before that time to see if it runs or not. 

That train hasn’t been running for weeks from what I heard. Think it’s already replaced by a 46/211.

6 minutes ago, Kamen Rider said:

I mean, there are only thirteen 10 car trains worth of 179s in existence, and they have started using the 179s out at Rockaway Park… so… they were never super abundant to begin with. 

I swear they were more comman before but thanks.

1 hour ago, Kamen Rider said:

I mean, there are only thirteen 10 car trains worth of 179s in existence, and they have started using the 179s out at Rockaway Park… so… they were never super abundant to begin with. 

Yeah only 8-9 are expected now on the (A).

No wonder why I was seeing 46 after 46 after 46 on the (A). I rode a 46 from PABT to Hoyt and All I saw was (like 1 or 2) (E) trains (160), and several 46s on the (A)(C). I saw (and caught) only 1 179 on the (C) at 34th. I was dead by the time I saw the (F) at Jay St and the (G) at Hoyt

6 hours ago, TyBusLover1 said:

Has anyone seen a R179 on the A line recently? It seems to me that they’re getting more rare.

It was such a small order of 179’s, they should’ve replaced all the R32’s 46’s all at once from the (A)(C), maybe a few 46’s can be sent over to other lines, during the CBTC car equipment switch, it would’ve been worth it, today the 211’s would’ve been running on the (N) or (Q) 

1 hour ago, Chris89292 said:

It was such a small order of 179’s, they should’ve replaced all the R32’s 46’s all at once from the (A)(C), maybe a few 46’s can be sent over to other lines, during the CBTC car equipment switch, it would’ve been worth it, today the 211’s would’ve been running on the (N) or (Q) 

Thanks.

21 hours ago, Chris89292 said:

Nah If that were the case, Jamaica or concourse would have gotten them before the (N) and (Q). The R211s on the (A) and (C) makes sense anyway esp the (A) due to the bigger doors. The (N) doesn't need R211s. It got the R160s brand new and is possibly getting them back ( when CI gets techs for the (B)) Anyway. They want these cars on lines that have or going to get CBTC. The Only broadway lines the R211s would make sense to be on is the (Q) and the (R).

Edited by R32 3838