SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

11 hours ago, Ale188 said:

So this is what I caught subway wise on my trip. I will post this on my thread and the Bus RTT. 
R46: 5882-85, 5902-05, 6002-6005, 6170-73, (A) line

R62: 1621-25**, (3) line

R62A: 1801-05, 1954, 1957-60, 2111-15, 2131-35, (6) line

R142: 1221-25, 6301-05, 6331-35, 6356-60, 6521-25, 6371-75*, 6381-85*, 6666-70, 6786-90, 6826-30, 6871-75, 6911-15, 7041-45, 7096-7100, 7166-70, (2)(4)(5) lines

R142A: 7691-95, 7796-7800, (4) line

R143: 8237-40, 8293-96, (L) line

R160: 8317-20, 8373-76, 8723-27, 8753-57, 8868-72, 9258-62, 9273-77, 9463-67, 9828-32, 9938-42, (F)(G)(L) lines

R179: 3154-57, 3226-29, (C) line

*I think this was the set with 6666-70. Correct me if I am wrong. Also what set is with 6381-85?

**Saw some 62s on the (3), but don't remember any of the sets. I definitely saw 1621-25, and the set that's with it. (Which set is that if any of y'all know? It will be added)

Caught 46s and a 68A near Stillwell in June, so I can add all these guys with them.

I also saw the platform barriers at Clark St (2)(3), I think they're pretty good seeing them in person.

The only rolling stocks that I missed on my trip were the R44s, R68/As, R188s, and R211A/T/Ss.

Rode R46 6173, R62A 1958, R142s 6385, 6829, 7019, 7098, and R160s 8317, 8669. All the rides were fun and smooth. My fav rolling stock gotta be tied between the 142s and 160s.

Let me know what y'all think

To add, this counts as 74 subway cars caught on my trip because of 1621 and 6381. So I think I did pretty good

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Ale188 said:

To add, this counts as 74 subway cars caught on my trip because of 1621 and 6381. So I think I did pretty good

And the set to 6381-85 was 6656-60. Now I know. 

6 hours ago, Calvin said:

"Currently, NYPD is on lookout for farebeaters".

Ah. Looks like the “does broken windows policy work?” experiment is going to be over. We’ve gone full circle back to doing it again.

7 hours ago, Calvin said:

Not me. Let's be honest, I beat the fare a couple times cuz my Metrocard wouldn't work. I ducked under. But I used OMNY and started paying that way cuz it was cheaper and easier. Only took of a buck from my account. I'll pay with the card cuz it's nostalgia, but OMNY works, too. Just insert your phone onto the screen. On or off.

10 hours ago, Calvin said:

You beat the fare because you didn’t wanna pay. Don’t start crying when cops seize your belongings because you went thru the gate without paying. They saw you carrying your speaker, $1300 cell phone, $200 in your pocket and a new pair of $400 Trump sneakers. Boy, you know these cops aren’t stupid to let you go by. Even if you say you’re going to work. They’re gonna call your employer to tell them that you got arrested for beating the fare. They will find your replacement quicker than you can say “Please”. 

but also: 

people who beat the fares are also the ones who starts the mayhem on the trains from robberies to killings to surfing,

and even having sex on the stations 

Edited by FLX9304

1 hour ago, FLX9304 said:

You beat the fare because you didn’t wanna pay. Don’t start crying when cops seize your belongings because you went thru the gate without paying. They saw you carrying your speaker, $1300 cell phone, $200 in your pocket and a new pair of $400 Trump sneakers. Boy, you know these cops aren’t stupid to let you go by. Even if you say you’re going to work. They’re gonna call your employer to tell them that you got arrested for beating the fare. They will find your replacement quicker than you can say “Please”. 

but also: 

people who beat the fares are also the ones who starts the mayhem on the trains from robberies to killings to surfing,

Repeat that last part? 😳

I also highly suggest that you guys bring Clorox wipes with you if you plan on sitting down on the trains or the local buses. I’ve seen some nasty stuff out here 🤢

Edited by Lawrence St

1 hour ago, FLX9304 said:

but also: 

As much as I want to agree with you, seems rather out of touch for you to say this 🤷‍♂️.

6 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

but also: 

If only the MTA actually gave us good service, which we all know here isn’t good at all. Weekend service is a disaster, during rush hours there is always some sort of delay, doesn’t matter the situation, it really frustrates several commuters, I get why they wouldn’t pay, as much as they want to avoid the subway, it’s the only way to get around the city without traffic on the roads

Distinct supplemental schedules. It’s a line by line, job by job thing as to who might gain or lose a trip.

more the issue is “falling back”, since that can actually result in two trains with the same call sign out and about. Basically if control or the tower need to talk to one of the two, it’s up to them to make sure it’s the right one. 

then again I’m PMs this pick and was home by the time it went down, so…

21 minutes ago, Kamen Rider said:

Distinct supplemental schedules. It’s a line by line, job by job thing as to who might gain or lose a trip.

more the issue is “falling back”, since that can actually result in two trains with the same call sign out and about. Basically if control or the tower need to talk to one of the two, it’s up to them to make sure it’s the right one. 

then again I’m PMs this pick and was home by the time it went down, so…

Thanks for the Reply....

I wonder how daylight savings affect the timing on the trains. If it's noted departure for 1:59 AM at Coney Island for the (Q), for example, but shows on the clock next minute as 3:00 AM, does the trip get cancelled or pushed back?

On 3/9/2024 at 1:55 PM, FLX9304 said:

but also: 

oh please , that is a very valid reason to farebeat , nobody is about to sit here for attempt a bunch of work arounds if their metrocard or OMNY isn’t working. If my train is coming , my train is coming 😂 and the last part of your statement is full of shit too, the average rider whether they pay their fare or not , they’re not doing all that extra shit , we’re all just tryna get from point a to point b. Now no doubt , im not putting farebeating past those ppl doing all that other stuff but let’s not blame everyone for the choices of a select few 

On 3/9/2024 at 3:00 PM, Lawrence St said:

Repeat that last part? 😳

I also highly suggest that you guys bring Clorox wipes with you if you plan on sitting down on the trains or the local buses. I’ve seen some nasty stuff out here 🤢

Definitely do , it happens A LOT more than you would think

9 hours ago, Calvin said:

I wonder how daylight savings affect the timing on the trains. If it's noted departure for 1:59 AM at Coney Island for the (Q), for example, but shows on the clock next minute as 3:00 AM, does the trip get cancelled or pushed back?

Like I said, this is all planned out in advance. In the case of your example, the (Q) has been running only between Stillwell and Prospect Park this weekend. The last train before the time change was scheduled to be at 1:41 AM (EST), arriving at Prospect at 3:06 AM (EDT).

If there had been a 1:59, and it had been delayed… it would still be a 1:59, even if it left after the time change, because 0159 was its assigned call sign. It’s at the discretion of the terminal dispatchers if a train gets a different one or uses the one it already had.

Lets say I’m going to be on the 1234 A 207 to Lefferts.

if my train needs to leave a few minutes early, I am still the 1234, I just have taken a “push”

if the train is delayed by a few minutes, I am still the 1234; just a “Late 1234”…

if the train is REALLY delayed, they might change the call sign, or it might be delayed enough I end up taking the next interval.

On 3/7/2024 at 7:08 PM, Calvin said:

Baseball season is back next month. On Friday, April 5th, the Lo-V will run from Grand Central (leaving at 11 AM) up to 161 St-Yankee Stadium. While that train leaves, another train will run behind it, The Train Of Many Colors. 

https://www.nytransitmuseum.org/program/yankees2024/

Are they going to run a vintage train for the Mets home opener or nah.

3 minutes ago, Far rockaway said:

Are they going to run a vintage train for the Mets home opener or nah.

The train of Many Colors or Lo-V on the Flushing Line.. most likely, not. 

On 3/9/2024 at 3:51 PM, Vulturious said:

As much as I want to agree with you, seems rather out of touch for you to say this 🤷‍♂️.

It usually happens during off peak hours (8p-4:30a). There was a since got deleted video of it posted on fb/ig and I myself used to see lewd acts performed while I’m waiting for the train to come. For me I don’t get involved because I don’t want myself being in a situation that can lead to violence. I’m like let it be because it not my call. 

On 3/10/2024 at 7:30 PM, Maxwell179 said:

Definitely do , it happens A LOT more than you would think

On 3/9/2024 at 3:00 PM, Lawrence St said:

Repeat that last part? 😳

Sorry but I don’t bring Clorox wipes with me. Only time I sit is on the commuter trains. Anywhere else? 👎