BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Shawn Williams said:

well howcome no HEVs for Queens village or for East new York. im pretty sure both of those depots have 06/07 Ogs so they're gonna need some, another thing is East New York lost a good chuck of their 05 Ogs, same goes for fresh pond. were just gonna have to wait for these assignment for these buses

First off no assignments have been established for any model. I think it’s best to wait and see instead of speculating. The more you speculate the more you look like an ________. and I will leave it there.  Let’s all be mindful. This is the (MTA) we are dealing with. 

1 hour ago, Shawn Williams said:

well howcome no HEVs for Queens village or for East new York. im pretty sure both of those depots have 06/07 Ogs so they're gonna need some, another thing is East New York lost a good chuck of their 05 Ogs, same goes for fresh pond. were just gonna have to wait for these assignment for these buses

Queens village just got the 2019 LFS though..

2 hours ago, Shawn Williams said:

and they gonna need the hybrids to kill off the 6800/6900 orions

They don't necessarily need hybrids to kill off their batch of Orion VII OG's. If anything I can see Queens Village getting more LFS's from another depot until its time for the Orion VII NG's to retire. 

12 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Decals don't necessarily mean they are transfers. We've seen them slap decals on buses one day and get sent back the next.

A Quill speciality. Incredibly uncommon to see a bus run out of Quill or ENY with the wrong decals. 

Reminds me, did anybody ever got a shot of 8795 wearing the MJQ logos during its brief, brief stint there a few years back? I remember seeing it on the M8...

3 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

50542698892_1888e37aae_c.jpg

Historical Roster from Fresh Pond. Circa 2006/2007. They were briefly at Fresh Pond before moving to Amsterdam & MQ.  

Who knew! I have no recollection of that, but I guess I wasn't paying attention to the OGs then. Too many RTSes to care about. Those buses must have been just about brand new then. 

16 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Who knew! I have no recollection of that, but I guess I wasn't paying attention to the OGs then. Too many RTSes to care about. Those buses must have been just about brand new then. 

Everyone loved almost every RTS, didn't matter what year or model it was. Lmao

1 hour ago, NBTA said:

Everyone loved almost every RTS, didn't matter what year or model it was. Lmao

Well, growing up as an 90s baby in Brooklyn, if you was into the bus side of this hobby you had no choice but to like the RTS as that's all BK had until JG got C40s, I still remember being excited about orginal C40s when they debuted.

JG had about 30 or so Orion Vs since the mid 90s until 2010 or so but they was VERY rare, I never saw one in my elementary years back then. 

The only other bus I remember seeing was MCI classics on the BM's. If you didn't live along a Command bus express route then you never saw them.

34 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Well, growing up as an 90s baby in Brooklyn, if you was into the bus side of this hobby you had no choice but to like the RTS as that's all BK had until JG got C40s, I still remember being excited about orginal C40s when they debuted.

JG had about 30 or so Orion Vs since the mid 90s until 2010 or so but they was VERY rare, I never saw one in my elementary years back then. 

I remember playing ball down at the Red Hook fields, back when every single bus JG had was a DD50 lmao. It was C40 after C40, eventually the O7 CNGs started coming in, but I really remember the C40s and the occasional high floor bus, which looking back was an O5 CNG. That was the B61 passing and those engines used to absolutely roar. Really changed the sound of half of Brooklyn when JG lost its last DD50.

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

Man, as much as I can appreciate the Novas and Xcelsiors none of them can hold a candle to those original C40s...

big, big part of my childhood growing up in Bay Ridge. They were everywhere.

2 hours ago, Snorunts said:

I wouldn’t speak for everyone....

I agree (I was one of them), I grew up on the Classics rolling around with the D4500s and Cls coming in.

D60s and Orion Vs was going around my house as well, and the 93-99 RTS as well.

21 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

4311 has a QV sticker showing on the passenger side. When were those buses last at QV?

Like 10+ years ago, QV had them when new then UP got them in like 09, stayed at Ulmer for a few years then they went to SI where they've been ever since.

Edited by trainfan22

5 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Like 10+ years ago, QV had them when new then UP got them in like 09, stayed at Ulmer for a few years then they went to SI where they've been ever since.

Word, I knew it had to have been a minute. Reminds me you that the MCIs never get repainted, so anything can show up on the decal stickers...

One of the Manhattanville transfers, I want to say 4260, has a Castleton sticker showing. That's a few years back as well.