• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lance25

Just a small question/observation. Don't feel like starting a new thread for it.

This morning while I was in the Bronx, I passed an LFSA signed for both the normal Bx12 Select to Co-Op City and Evacuation Ctr. No, one sign wasn't stuck or anything; it cycled through like it was one program (the two readings for the Bx12 and the emergency one). I guess my question is, was that a glitch in the system or are you able to have two (or more) routes punched in concurrently?

And no, I didn't catch the car number. Sorry.

Just a small question/observation. Don't feel like starting a new thread for it.

This morning while I was in the Bronx, I passed an LFSA signed for both the normal Bx12 Select to Co-Op City and Evacuation Ctr. No, one sign wasn't stuck or anything; it cycled through like it was one program (the two readings for the Bx12 and the emergency one). I guess my question is, was that a glitch in the system or are you able to have two (or more) routes punched in concurrently?

And no, I didn't catch the car number. Sorry.

Things like Evacuation Ctr, Hurricane Shelter, etc. are P/R codes in which can be entered alongside a Route reading. Another example of this is when the signs blank out after a reading. The blank sign reading is a P/R code.

Just saw an O5 5975 on the Q35. Seems like weekends FR borrows more from JFK. Other OG buses, not a big deal, but a 5900 O5? that is really out of the blue.

When I was on the B41 the day it snowed, as I passed through the Junction numerous times, every Q35 that was in the stand, or approaching, was an O5. Guess it's to handle the worse conditions as it enters the Rockaways? Who knows.

• 2 weeks later...
I wanna start paying the fare that the sticker on the bus says. Most of the stickers on the outsides of buses have been changed over the past couple years, but 9122 out of 126th still says $2.00. And inside, they get even better. I was just on a Quill D60 that said $1.50, I was all yes please when I saw that!

That reminds me. A couple of months ago I saw #4915 with an old $1.50 sticker myself. It amazed me for the fact that the stickers were still around. The moment slightly let me relive days they were better fare wise.

I see the beakie box will extinct soon

they as good as gone now...pretty hard to find one, espically a workimg one

That reminds me. A couple of months ago I saw #4915 with an old $1.50 sticker myself. It amazed me for the fact that the stickers were still around. The moment slightly let me relive days they were better fare wise.

a bunch of C40s still say the fare is $2.00...I swear one of these days I'll pay $2.00 then play dumb afterwards :)

I don't know about you guys but this BusTime thing is SICK!!! I mean, not only can you know where your bus is but you can also find out what bus model is coming, whether it's an Orion 5, Orion 7, New Flyer, Nova, Prevost or MCI!!! This past Thursday my friend and I were able to find Orion Third Gens on the S86 Limited and he tipped me off in the evening when I was coming home about an Orion 5 on the S79 and I took that instead of a hybrid on the S53. Awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about you guys but this BusTime thing is SICK!!! I mean, not only can you know where your bus is but you can also find out what bus model is coming, whether it's an Orion 5, Orion 7, New Flyer, Nova, Prevost or MCI!!! This past Thursday my friend and I were able to find Orion Third Gens on the S86 Limited and he tipped me off in the evening when I was coming home about an Orion 5 on the S79 and I took that instead of a hybrid on the S53. Awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh believe me, I love it... I pick and choose which local and express buses to take too. For example I like the newer models for the local buses since they offer more standing room, so I try to get either 8XXXs or the newer models. For the expresses, I like the 22XXs if I'm taking the X10. :cool:

Oh believe me, I love it... I pick and choose which local and express buses to take too. For example I like the newer models for the local buses since they offer more standing room, so I try to get either 8XXXs or the newer models. For the expresses, I like the 22XXs if I'm taking the X10. :cool:

Actually, I've always felt the older models offer more standing room. The newer the bus, the more crowded it feels when you have a similar number of people.

Orion Vs for life!

Things that make sense:

M60 & M31 126th > 100st

M103 100st > 126th

M101 100st > KB

M100 KB > 126th

(This should happen but probably will not)

This arrangement isn't a bad idea at all. You can have M60 trips starting at the (4)(5)(6) which a good place to start for people coming off the train.

I had an odd trip home from Bay Plaza the other day.

I get on the Bx12 SBS at the Bay Plaza Rd stop (the 2nd stop to Manhattan) and one of the row of seats near the front of the bus is pulled up even though there's not actually any wheelchair passengers on board (A lady, not transit-related or anything, just pulls it down later on) The B/O skips the Bartow Mall stop without explanation. But it gets better. We're sitting at a red light just beyond the stop. A bunch of people run up to the bus and knock on the door and the B/O ignores them. This whole time, the light is still red. She completely blows past the stop on Edson Av, again without explanation even though people are waiting there. At Pelham Bay Park, she was talking to some dispatcher guy like normal so I have no idea what went on. I guess she was ordered to skip the stop or something. It didn't really save any time, though.

On the (5) train, we were sent down the (2) line for some reason; from what I heard it was a gap problem at 14th St-Union Square. Ironically, we spent the better part of 10 minutes stuck in the tube between 149th St and 135th St, and to make up for it we went non-stop from 135th St to 96th St. At Nevins St, another (5) train showed up next to us on the express track, so I guess the problem was fixed. We stayed on the local track, and went express from Atlantic and Franklin. I have to give my T/O props, he was a real speed demon, we caught up with the other (5) at Franklin although if it got delayed, that would help) and the other (5) train went first in the end.

At first, the (2) and (5) being re-routed up each others lines was something I found incredibly cool, but now it's just "Eh, it happens."

Things that make sense:

M60 & M31 126th > 100st

M103 100st > 126th

M101 100st > KB

M100 KB > 126th

(This should happen but probably will not)

I could make a whole list on where buses should belong but this is the (MTA) we talking about. What doesn't make sense to its somehow makes sense to them

..Come to think of it, I should make a list about this tonight when I get home

Actually, I've always felt the older models offer more standing room. The newer the bus, the more crowded it feels when you have a similar number of people.

Orion Vs for life!

LOL... This is true, but the Orion Vs are filthy, esp. the ones on Staten Island and I look forward to them all being scrapped sooner rather than later. :cool: I used one this morning, as I was running a bit late in walking over to the X14. Got 6002 I believe on the S53. Those buses aren't as smooth as the newer ones either IMO.

I could make a whole list on where buses should belong but this is the (MTA) we talking about. What doesn't make sense to its somehow makes sense to them

..Come to think of it, I should make a list about this tonight when I get home

Do it! :)

There's a method to the (MTA)'s madness, but some of choices of which bus goes to which depot has always puzzled me a bit.