BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

That X1-X9 bus timetable needs to be split up for goodness sake. There's like so many maps and it confuses me just by looking at it

Maybe they can organize it to be

X1-X4-X5 on onetimetable

X2-X3-X9 one another timetable

X7-X8-X15 one another timetable

I don't think that's really necessary. I mean, you just go to the appropriate map & schedule for the route. They're all technically variants of each other, so that's why they're together.

Maybe they could try and combine the routes that go to similar destinations in Midtown (for example, have the X2/5 on one map schedule, with 2 different colors).

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

i have patience it was just a freakin question...i knew it was here and just wanted to know if there was an.answer to my question...no need to get all serious smh "patience is lost on some" that was unnecessary

He wan't rude, you didn't need to jump all over him like this.

Looks like the B103 starts off the MTA bus with a Guide A ride schedule. This is not my picture and I give credit to who ever owns it.

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa357/Danavigata/37150867.jpg

oohh thats a guide a ride?? i thought all bus stops have those i see them all over in staten island...and in bay ridge coney island...sheepshead

oohh thats a guide a ride?? i thought all bus stops have those i see them all over in staten island...and in bay ridge coney island...sheepshead

SI is all NYCT, and those neighborhoods are served by NYCT as well. NYCT has those almost everywhere. It's MTA Bus that doesn't have many of them (that's why the B103 is an exception) and a few of the more neglected NYCT stops like on the M8.

SI is all NYCT, and those neighborhoods are served by NYCT as well. NYCT has those almost everywhere. It's MTA Bus that doesn't have many of them (that's why the B103 is an exception) and a few of the more neglected NYCT stops like on the M8.

Along with the Q50 and the Bx23.

They NEED to put them on the Q8 and Q41 ALREADY even though I often use the Q24 over those two.....and the Q8 runs a lot better than the Q41...

Lucky me. My computer session ended just in time for me to run over to Cary Avenue and only have to wait less than 2 minutes for the S44. B) Then again, the weather wasn't too bad, so it might not have been too bad a walk, but still...

Oh, and in the morning, at Walker & Morningstar, I saw two S96s. One of them had a couple of standees and the second one had literally one person. It's just so weird seeing that (even though there was another bus in front of it). I kinda wish I had transferred, since Castleton Avenue was closer to my destination than Cary, and the S96 should still be faster than the S44 (though I don't think that would apply with the S44 vs. S46), but I had enough time to get there that it didn't make much of a difference.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

Lucky me. My computer session ended just in time for me to run over to Cary Avenue and only have to wait less than 2 minutes for the S44. B) Then again, the weather wasn't too bad, so it might not have been too bad a walk, but still...

Oh, and in the morning, at Walker & Morningstar, I saw two S96s. One of them had a couple of standees and the second one had literally one person. It's just so weird seeing that (even though there was another bus in front of it). I kinda wish I had transferred, since Castleton Avenue was closer to my destination than Cary, and the S96 should still be faster than the S44 (though I don't think that would apply with the S44 vs. S46), but I had enough time to get there that it didn't make much of a difference.

That always happens on the Q85, there would be at least two buses (either a LTD and a local or two LTDs) and one would be packed (normally the LTD in situation 1; and the first LTD in situation 2) and the second one would be either close to empty or half seated... With the headways of some of these routes, Idk how they become bunched up like that. On the Q85 route there normally isn't traffic or delay, a LTD catching up to a local is normal due to stops skipped on Merrick, but a LTD to catch up to another LTD when they are 6-15 mins apart depending on time of day, is absurd...

That always happens on the Q85, there would be at least two buses (either a LTD and a local or two LTDs) and one would be packed (normally the LTD in situation 1; and the first LTD in situation 2) and the second one would be either close to empty or half seated... With the headways of some of these routes, Idk how they become bunched up like that. On the Q85 route there normally isn't traffic or delay, a LTD catching up to a local is normal due to stops skipped on Merrick, but a LTD to catch up to another LTD when they are 6-15 mins apart depending on time of day, is absurd...

Eh, at 6 minutes apart, I don't think it's too bad to experience bunching. I mean, you get a B/O with a lead foot and he could catch up with no problem. I mean, people complain about the B4 bunching on 20 minute headways. Now that's bad.

I've noticed in the afternoon, the S46 seems to come more frequently than every 12 minutes. I don't know whether there's unscheduled runs or if I just happen to see the buses bunching or what (It's not one right behind the other, but they're less than 5 minutes apart).

On a side note, the weather was nice today, so I planned to walk home (It'sabout 3-4 miles), but as soon as I got to Cary & Broadway, I saw the S44 right there. That's two days in a row. B) (And going in both directions).

To the smart *** B/O on the BxM2 tonight... There is no need for you to be almost 10 minutes early. I just happened to hear what sounded like an express bus as I was walking to the stop at 63rd and Broadway and I turn around and see a BxM2 at the light at 62nd and Broadway and I'm thinking what I world is this bus doing here? Is he that late? Then I look up at that big screen by further down Broadway near Columbus Circle with the CNN logo, time and temperature and realize that this bus is way early because I usually arrive at the stop almost a good 10 minutes before the bus is due... I had a heavy Whole Foods bag with me, along with my laptop bag and then I had to run with this crap to the bus stop just to catch this jerk and when I get on and voice my concern about almost missing him he has the nerve to say "What!??" in a snarky tone, so I replied back that "I thought you were going to arrive early that's what". I most certainly noted the bus number (bus 3105) and reported him as soon as I got in. You want to get home early and leave all of the friggin passengers waiting another 30 minutes unnecessarily right? Not happening with me.

Some other random notes if you will: To the BxM2 driver on Sunday night, what was up with you taking the Major Deegan knowing that they've been repaving stretches of it now for the last few weeks??? I got the 23:15 BxM2 to Riverdale and got home AFTER 02:00 in the morning! I was stuck on that bloddy bus on the Major Deegan for over an hour over by Yankees stadium and you think he'd have the decency to acknowledge people speaking to him when they got off? He just looked at them like they were aliens. Talk about weird... For all of the decent B/Os out of Yonkers, there are enough rude ones to give the entire depot a crappy reputation.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

LIKE THIS IF;

The sexiest buses on the road in NYC

1. XD40

2. NGs

3. C40s

Like if you think Unframed Windows make buses look sexier...

And here I go thinking that pandering for "likes" was a Facebook thing...

New York City Transit

Brief Description of Work

JUN 2012

B40654*

PURCHASE 690 STANDARD BUSES

OVER $50M

This project will purchase 690 40'-foot low floor standard buses to be operated throughout New York City. These buses will be designed to operate in revenue service for a minimum of 12 years or 500,000 miles. These buses will meet Environmental Protection Administration (EPA) emission standards as well as American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Standards.

•  

Duration of Contract 24 Months

B62007

PURCHASE 285 EXPRESS BUSES

OVER $50M

This project will purchase 285 45'-foot over-the-road coach buses to be operated throughout New York City. These buses will be designed to operate in revenue service for a minimum of 12 years or 500,000 miles. These buses will meet Environmental Protection Administration (EPA) emission standards as well as American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Standards.

•  

Duration of Contract 24 Months

INTERESTING ...

Havent heard anything about this

http://www.mta.info/mta/capital/eotf-descrip.htm#mtabus

Edited by B17EastNewYorkDepot