BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I had my first official ride on one of the new C40LF's from JG and it just brings up a question that i have been asking for a long time...why did the MTA never test or purchase any D40LF's? The bus is the most spacious low floor bus I have ever taken a ride on. Makes me wanna take a ride on an XD40 just to compare...

Today I had my first official ride on one of the new C40LF's from JG and it just brings up a question that i have been asking for a long time...why did the MTA never test or purchase any D40LF's? The bus is the most spacious low floor bus I have ever taken a ride on. Makes me wanna take a ride on an XD40 just to compare...

I believe they did test a D40LF, but I think it was tested in Brooklyn.

http://www.ttmg.org/pages/nfi/nymta-nfib.html

What happened to the Q32 being split between CS and MJQ ?

You know a Q44 split between CS and WF wouldn't be a bad idea IMO.

Lucky you man, every time I want to ride one there are none in sight.

That's what I've been thinking too. The Q44 terminates not to far away from WF in the Bronx.

--------

Regarding the D40LF, Does anyone know what depot was it based out of? My guess would be out of ENY but I'm not to sure...

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

Lucky you man, every time I want to ride one there are none in sight.

I've been saying, ever since it was announced that CS would get artics, that the Q44 should be a WF route. That way they will have more experienced drivers taking the artics through the New territory. Although they would probably have to change the name of the route to the QBx44 or something along that line

I've been saying, ever since it was announced that CS would get artics, that the Q44 should be a WF route. That way they will have more experienced drivers taking the artics through the New territory. Although they would probably have to change the name of the route to the QBx44 or something along that line

Not really the Q24,Q54,Q56,Q58,Q59 and Q8 and Q35 either come from a depot in Brooklyn or run a distance in Brooklyn but are not called QB24 and so on. Even they changed the old Qbx1 to Q50 and it still has many stops in the Bronx. I think we a another letter is placed in the destination sign ppl get confused and some mAy think its express.

Those OGs are nothing more than dressed-up Orion Vs. The ride itself is not too bad for a low-floor bus, but if that's the only redeeming quality of the bus (crappy rear-seat configurations, looking like they're ready to go to NIMCO inside and out when the Orion Vs from the '90s are looking better... don't get me started) I don't know why there are over 300 of these things in the city.

I wonder what life was like before the MetroCard - could you always drop the ~$1.00 fare in coins? What if you wanted to transfer from a bus to the subway and all you had on you was that dollar or so? I moved out of Queens at a very young age and never asked myself that.

Edited by Joel Up Front

I wonder since the Q52 timetable is merged with the Q53, is that foreshadowing the future of the 53?

What do you mean? I doubt the Q53 would ever be completely eliminated, considering right now, it's way more frequent than the Q52. They just did it for simplicity's sake, since they're both Woodhaven Blvd limiteds.

What do you mean? I doubt the Q53 would ever be completely eliminated, considering right now, it's way more frequent than the Q52. They just did it for simplicity's sake, since they're both Woodhaven Blvd limiteds.

I think he means terminating the Q52 in Woodside and the Q53 at Hoffman Drive