BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

KEON'S RANDOM THOUGHTS

MTA New York City Bus Edition

The MTA could have assigned all the Nova Bus LFS buses (non-articulated) to one depot, all the New Flyer XD40 buses to another depot and all the Orion VII Third Generation buses to a third depot. Just saying.

And that's my random thought.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KEON'S RANDOM THOUGHTS

The MTA could have assigned all the Nova Bus LFS buses (non-articulated) to one depot, all the New Flyer XD40 buses to another depot and all the Orion VII Third Generation buses to a third depot. Just saying.

noo noo noo! cause if the xd40s all go to queens i cant ride them! and i like the diversity

KEON'S RANDOM THOUGHTS

Twas all about hige mileage depots and different environments for all 3 types, sending 1 single fleet to 1 depot would be the opposite.

Any of you are ever in the Village, gotta be careful crossing 8th st. at 5th ave. My mom used to always tell me this back when I was a kid, finally saw proof of what she was saying today. M3 just hit a middle-aged man from what I saw of him, not a very happy scene. Ambulance just left, I didn't see any blood so hopefully he's alright, looked awful for everybody around though. The B/O looked like he was gonna have a nervous breakdown, felt awful for him but I'm not sure whose fault it was in the end. Hope everybody's alright though.

I've crossed there plenty of times on my way to networking events at La Maison Française and I don't see what's so "dangerous" about that intersection. <_<

MTA Bus service sucks. How does it take the Q25/34 25 minutes to come during PM rush I waited from 3:12 to 3:37

And during Evening rush for the past 3 days at flushing it took between 30-45 minutes to come and every other bus like the Q20 Q44 Q17 Q27 and Q58 were coming very fast every 3-6 minutes. This is bad for the MTA bus because these buses are packed to the max and are not running fast enough and it's only getting worst since its getting hotter. I really think the Q25 and Q65 need LTD service until 8:30 9:00 PM and Saturday service because they are always very slow.

MTA Bus service sucks. How does it take the Q25/34 25 minutes to come during PM rush I waited from 3:12 to 3:37

And during Evening rush for the past 3 days at flushing it took between 30-45 minutes to come and every other bus like the Q20 Q44 Q17 Q27 and Q58 were coming very fast every 3-6 minutes. This is bad for the MTA bus because these buses are packed to the max and are not running fast enough and it's only getting worst since its getting hotter. I really think the Q25 and Q65 need LTD service until 8:30 9:00 PM and Saturday service because they are always very slow.

And on top of that, MTA Bus Company local routes in Queens desperately need Guide-A-Rides to help the customers! LOL!!!

ok so yesterday i rode xd40 4843....and boyy i tell you that bus has sound effects of a LFS zf transmission and allison b400r with some rubbling between gears....if any of you can find this bus on the b1 b3 b6 b36 b64 or b74 please get a video or recording! has nice sound effects...and when we arrived at west 5 and brighton ave under the train on the b36 the HVAC turned off...bus got all quiet and all i heard was beauutiful engine and transmission!!! that made my day!! when is the best time to catch a bus with the HVAC off?? winter time?

Spring and fall is the best time to catch a bus with a HAVC off, usually the temperature is just right outside and the HVAC is not needed, or flickers on and off to keep the bus at a certain temperature.

There was an accident at grand central and parsons blvd forcing the buses to go northbound via hillside, 164th union then regular same thing southbound so all those buses got bogged down, everyday there is something going on. I agree there should be more service later into the evening but the q25, from what I noticed on Saturday's only bunches, ive never seen those buses crushed on weekends.

I've crossed there plenty of times on my way to networking events at La Maison Française and I don't see what's so "dangerous" about that intersection. <_<

It's a blind cross if you're going south on 5th across 8th, and that's why today's scene happened and why've there've been a bunch in the past too. I've seen personally seen (in recent memory) five buses crash or have smaller accidents at the intersection with cars, bikes, or people, it's not somewhere to go without looking.

MTA buses are getting Guide- A-Rides some Queens routes I think I seen them on the Q8 and Q25/Q34 all they have are the no standing bus stop sign and tips. Hopefully the times and route map will be put in soon. It's good they are doing this but that's because people complained about it. Next thing probably will be Updating the stops and then route maps.

I don't understand this why does some bus stops have so many tip sections?

Edited by College Pt Man

MTA buses are getting Guide- A-Rides some Queens routes I think I seen them on the Q8 and Q25/Q34 all they have are the no standing bus stop sign and tips. Hopefully the times and route map will be put in soon. It's good they are doing this but that's because people complained about it. Next thing probably will be Updating the stops and then route maps.

It's about time! I saw a Guide-A-Ride on the B103 Limited bus stop at 3rd Avenue and State Street on Sunday. I examined it and discovered the route map looked similar to the route map for MTA Bus Company express buses. Then, College Point Man, I glanced at the entire bus stop and thought, "This bus stop looks as if the B103 Limited, an MTA Bus route, was a New York City Transit route. It uses a bus stop post and has a Guide-A-Ride!" LMAO!!! Can't wait until NYCT and MTA Bus merge in a few years or so. :lol:

It's a blind cross if you're going south on 5th across 8th, and that's why today's scene happened and why've there've been a bunch in the past too. I've seen personally seen (in recent memory) five buses crash or have smaller accidents at the intersection with cars, bikes, or people, it's not somewhere to go without looking.

I guess I'll have to re-visit that location sometime...

What exactly is Guide-A-Ride? If it's what I'm thinking about like when you go online to the (MTA) website, I find it utterly useless.

I guess I'll have to re-visit that location sometime...

What exactly is Guide-A-Ride? If it's what I'm thinking about like when you go online to the (MTA) website, I find it utterly useless.

You seriously don't know what they are. They are the little regtangluar box around the pole at the bus stop. Go to your nearest bus stop and check the pole and you should see one.

It's about time! I saw a Guide-A-Ride on the B103 Limited bus stop at 3rd Avenue and State Street on Sunday. I examined it and discovered the route map looked similar to the route map for MTA Bus Company express buses. Then, College Point Man, I glanced at the entire bus stop and thought, "This bus stop looks as if the B103 Limited, an MTA Bus route, was a New York City Transit route. It uses a bus stop post and has a Guide-A-Ride!" LMAO!!! Can't wait until NYCT and MTA Bus merge in a few years or so. :lol:

The B100 and B103 had them for a while since early last year. And those expresses are getting them as well. The ones that just got installed near my house doesnt have the information in yet and I wonder how long it will take. But what they really need to do is to remove those ugly rusted 1970's-90's stop signs and use the newer NYCT ones.

The B100 and B103 had them for a while since early last year. And those expresses are getting them as well. The ones that just got installed near my house doesnt have the information in yet and I wonder how long it will take. But what they really need to do is to remove those ugly rusted 1970's-90's stop signs and use the newer NYCT ones.

Exactly! Those old bus stop signs need to be extinct! LOL!!! MTA Bus needs an upgrade in signage. Am I right?

Besides, the agency needs to quit making MTA Bus a stepchild to New York City Transit in terms of amenities and services. They're BOTH part of MTA Regional Bus and thus BOTH need to be treated equally. I prefer for them to be merged, but that's not for a few more years anyway.

Random Thoughts HA?

.... I got a dam lot

1) Yesterday i had the worst journey to Riis Beach.. first off i had to wait 43 minutes for the B17 smh.. Had some stuff to do but when i finally get to the Q35 my god i wanted to just turn around and go home but i was with friends and didnt want to disapoint them. it was approximately 65 people waiting on the Q35 and i had the utmost ignorant & rude driver . (Far Rock -_-)

2) Mr. Bus Driver out of ENY on the B17 Bus # 6619 Run 016 o man God alone know

3) Why do these new C40LF's "backfire" already and their new

4) Bus 258 sound horrible outside a gruggy noise but rides amazing.. :)

5) Now coming home from Riis Beach .. so as you know about every H.S. student was out at the beach with friends & even leaving after the beach closed at 7, hoping to let the crowd leave first in the span of 2 hours no joke 1 Q35 come going towards Brooklyn with about 100 people at one stop ... eventually walked as far back from Riis Beach (Queens not to BK) and got on a bus at approx 9 pm after leaving the beach 7:10 .. smh

6) I was observing S.C. fare boxes why are they so mmuch longer than the rest of the buses in Brooklyn

Gosh i know this was a bit much but i just had to let it out .. is SMOKED MINE!

Random Thoughts HA?

.... I got a dam lot

1) Yesterday i had the worst journey to Riis Beach.. first off i had to wait 43 minutes for the B17 smh.. Had some stuff to do but when i finally get to the Q35 my god i wanted to just turn around and go home but i was with friends and didnt want to disapoint them. it was approximately 65 people waiting on the Q35 and i had the utmost ignorant & rude driver . (Far Rock -_-)

2) Mr. Bus Driver out of ENY on the B17 Bus # 6619 Run 016 o man God alone know

3) Why do these new C40LF's "backfire" already and their new

4) Bus 258 sound horrible outside a gruggy noise but rides amazing.. :)

5) Now coming home from Riis Beach .. so as you know about every H.S. student was out at the beach with friends & even leaving after the beach closed at 7, hoping to let the crowd leave first in the span of 2 hours no joke 1 Q35 come going towards Brooklyn with about 100 people at one stop ... eventually walked as far back from Riis Beach (Queens not to BK) and got on a bus at approx 9 pm after leaving the beach 7:10 .. smh

6) I was observing S.C. fare boxes why are they so mmuch longer than the rest of the buses in Brooklyn

Gosh i know this was a bit much but i just had to let it out .. is SMOKED MINE!

It's all good, B17EastNewYorkDepot! You had thoughts in your mind and you let them out. That's what this thread is all about! Also, I'm sorry about what you had to go through. Having that many people waiting at the bus stop is crazy! :o

The (MTA) cut some service on the Bx33 during Rush Hour, AM Rush Hour service [and part of PM Rush Hour] is down from every 12 minutes to every 15 minutes. The shoulder periods of PM Rush had service cut from every 15 minutes to every 20 minutes. The (MTA) really thinks no one uses the route. At the very least, the (MTA) should've kept the extra bus per hour in the 'peak' direction [to St. Nicholas in the AM, from St. Nicholas in the PM] Now the bus is actually kinda crowded.

Unrelated, but the bus was oddly late yesterday. I got to St. Nicholas and 135th St around 3:38 Pm, right when the B/O pulled in coming from the Bronx. He did the normal routine, turn around at 137th and lay over at 136th St. The next trip to the Bronx was supposed to leave at 3:47, but he didn't come over until 3:54. According to the schedule to he was supposed to get to St. Nicholas from the Bronx at 3:34, I guess that would explain why he took extra lay over time...

Edited by Mysterious2train

This morning, I saw Orion VII NG #3993 on the B54 bus route to Ridgewood Terminal. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, this bus has no side destination sign, which is odd. Maybe the sign was damaged and needed to be repaired or something?

Edited by kmilton100