BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw something very rare yesterday. One of JFK's D60's was doing a school tripper on the Q111 towards Jamaica. Of course when it reached Jamaica and went out of service and headed to the Q10. I wonder why it was doing a BP school tripper.

They can't do that because of the different unions. Looks like it's a BP bus, getting ready for their artics coming in I guess.

I saw something very rare yesterday. One of JFK's D60's was doing a school tripper on the Q111 towards Jamaica. Of course when it reached Jamaica and went out of service and headed to the Q10. I wonder why it was doing a BP school tripper.

That's impossible.

They can't do that because of the different unions. Looks like it's a BP bus, getting ready for their artics coming in I guess.

As of yesterday, they haven't received anything new.

Edited by Cait Sith

Technically they did bring that scheme back. The only difference is that the buses are whitebacks. I wonder how our Orion V's would look with the new look. No the ex beeline buses don't count.

Not really, the big thing on those were the black doors and continuous stripe. We've got those ugly-ass blank white doors on all the new schemed buses. 7692, 4407, and 6687 (soon to be redone) are the only exceptions. 

Not really, the big thing on those were the black doors and continuous stripe. We've got those ugly-ass blank white doors on all the new schemed buses. 7692, 4407, and 6687 (soon to be redone) are the only exceptions.

Oh yeah that is right. I don't like that new look on the Orion VII 2003-2007.

thank you sir... that current livery is garbage.

Edited by Missabassi

Well they are out there...518 is on the Q10 as well.

The spring pick is suppose to make the Q10 all articulated buses. IMO I think JFK is pretty similar to Green Lines from before the take over. They don't know how to fix up buses. Tape is not fixing up anything. A lot of the blackback Orion VII's still remain at JFK. They don't touch the decals on those buses unlike LGA which does change it eventually. D60's and RTS still have GH KB, ENY and 126st stickers on them. Their Orion VII NG's sound bad so I'm not surprised they are borrowing SC's buses again. I noticed that some routes like the Q8, Q41, Q37 still have buses that may never show up quite often which I remember I waited 35 minutes for a Q41 to show up on Saturday.