BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1276 out there on the M60, Manhattan-bound now.

I can't wait for the SBS on it.

Meanwhile, I can officially say that the B38 needs some artics BAD! 3 over-crowded buses past my stop earlier today. Literally. It reminded me why it has limited service. I know this will never happen though. Besides the only depot that the 38 uses & can cover artic runs is Grand Ave Depot. So that means no artics for the Limited. Unless the B38 becomes 100% Grand Ave Depot route. Which I think should happen because Grand Ave treats the route WAY better. But that's just my two cents.

I noticed that the b36 has a wierd am schedule in the morning 2/3 36's run only to ocean pkwy, deadhead to sheepshead and come back as in service to coney. I have two questions about this

1. Why aren't the buses that are put in at sheepshead mentioned on the schedule

2. Why cant the buses short turn at sheepshead instead of deadheading between ocean pkwy and sheepshead

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Edited by NYSubwayBuff

I can't wait for the SBS on it.

Meanwhile, I can officially say that the B38 needs some artics BAD! 3 over-crowded buses past my stop earlier today. Literally. It reminded me why it has limited service. I know this will never happen though. Besides the only depot that the 38 uses & can cover artic runs is Grand Ave Depot. So that means no artics for the Limited. Unless the B38 becomes 100% Grand Ave Depot route. Which I think should happen because Grand Ave treats the route WAY better. But that's just my two cents.

In the mean-time the best solution with what the MTA currently has would be to restrict the route to High Floors Only (i find that high floors have a high capacity than low floors.) just my opinion.

In the mean-time the best solution with what the MTA currently has would be to restrict the route to High Floors Only (i find that high floors have a high capacity than low floors.) just my opinion.

That's true. But Fresh Pond has a lot of hybrids so the Limited will almost always be a low-floor. RTS's don't pop up on the Limited as much anymore since the Next Gens. But I guess FP can run mostly RTS's on the B38 and hybrids on everything else. That's probably Grand Ave Depot's plan for the 38 because I notice little to no Next Gens on the local. And Orion V's pop up on it very frequently. Caught it all this week too. But that's the next best plan until they decide to expand Fresh Pond Depot & train them for artics and or Grand Ave Depot gets artics & the full B38 route. (The 2nd one is A LOT more likley). Edited by E For Erica

I noticed that the b36 has a wierd am schedule in the morning 2/3 36's run only to ocean pkwy, deadhead to sheepshead and come back as in service to coney. I have two questions about this 1. Why aren't the buses that are put in at sheepshead mentioned on the schedule 2. Why cant the buses short turn at sheepshead instead of deadheading between ocean pkwy and sheepshead Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Those buses are basically "shuttles" for folks who need Sheepshead Bay train station and Coney Island Hospital.  Going towards Avenue U, service isn't needed like that.

Saw a completely empty M7 at 63rd Street today. Not a soul on board.

Manhattan was yock today I guess..

whats up with Jamaica Depot RTS with MTA BUS logos, are they suppose to change back to NYC BUS

I think a better question is, "why is Jamaica borrowing mad Orion V's & VII's from Casey Stengel". I think THAT is more interesting lol Edited by E For Erica

4031 broke down on the Q67 earlier today.

lmao good.. hybrid peice of ish lol

You never know, JA could be short on buses.

Judging by the amount I've seen, it's obvious they are lol

A little of topic, but a video I made for my Squeaky Penny channel.

Edited by E For Erica