BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 9:43 AM, BreeddekalbL said:

I remember being on an NJT bus where this happened some years back.... What the b/o did was stopped the bus, then opened the doors... Motioned her to come back on....

....then the second she got on the curb, parallel to the bus, he blew right past her old senile ass.... Every single person on the bus CTFU'd (myself included).... Some other passenger on the bus stated that that wasn't the first time she pulled that stunt either.... What happened, was that lady tried to get a 2 zone ride by paying for 1 zone.... Wanted to get to Asbury from somewhere along Norwood av; don't remember the exact street she got kicked off the bus at...

Salute to that #837 driver.

16 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

The (D) train shuttles now say D90 on them. 

Yep, as the Bay 50th - Coney Island shuttles were the D99.

Anyway, I wonder why they decided on dumping ppl. off at Mosholu Pkwy (4) instead of Bedford Park Blvd (4)......

51 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Isn’t 266 a NYCT bus? Why does it have MTAB logos on it?

30 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Sometimes they get the wrong decals after a repaint. A handful of C40LFs at College Point have New York City Bus on them.

Some of them have had those gaffs for over 5 years as well, so neither transit or Bus co have bothered correcting them after all this time.

On 12/5/2022 at 12:00 AM, Lawrence St said:

Are there any bus stops in NYC that have been removed but still remain or installed but no buses actually serve that stop?

The one I know of is the bus shelter for the Q74 at Kissena/Melbourne. It got repurposed for the Queens College shuttle a few years ago.

On 12/6/2022 at 5:05 PM, Lawrence St said:

Isn’t 266 a NYCT bus? Why does it have MTAB logos on it?

They sometimes make mistakes when repainting buses. CP depot has a few of its original C40LF’s with “New York City Bus” on it. Off of the top of my head 194, 202, 217, 528, 535, 602 were mislabeled as NYC Bus. 

And then you have 230-237 which were transferred from JG.

• 2 weeks later...