BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's the point of the new b32. Isn't it the same as the b62? Or is it that the purpose, to mirror the 62 and relieve the 62's ridership?

Ik that they travel on diffrent streets but they kind of mirror each other

It's supposedly to serve new housing and businesses along the waterfront since it's gentrifying.

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

It's really annoying, I've had moments where two extremely packed Q24s bypasses the stop and the 3rd one has just enough room to board. When it gets to Parsons, Sutphin, Jamaica Hospital and Lefferts, it becomes a pain in the ass to get on and off. I still say Q24 was at its best when they ended at Broadway Junction. It was never as bad as this, I mean sure, it showed up late kind of often but compared to now? I rather have the way service was before!

I mean even tonight coming home from 168th, two Q24s (5006 and 4821) leaving back to back and then two others going UP to 168th. I was like HOW.....?!

The 54 and 56 I take on occasion when a 24 doesn't show as I just get off at the Walgreens on Jamaica Avenue or at Jamaica/Metropolitan. During the afternoons, they do bunch but after 7PM, those two lines run far better than the Q24. Often times I would take the Q10 to the Q24, and what would piss me off is that I would see at least two Q8s while looking down the block headed to Jamaica before a Q24 shows up.

All in all, they completely f**ked up the line with the re-extension. Nothing is getting better at all. It's even worse at the AM where you gotta pass up 3-4 buses before you're able to board in either direction(since my stop is Atlantic and 134th).

Smh at your occurrence.... but yeah - Q24 had no business being re-sent back to Lafayette/Patchen......

I never cared for it going there to begin with (meaning, before it got cut back), since its usage west of B'way Junction was (and still is) poor......

You can say the cut-back Q24 was the best rendition, but I still find the Q24 in general to be slow as shit (slower than the other 2 east-west routes in that part of the city; the 8 (which is another route I have a gripe with) & the 56)... For whatever the reason(s).... That has been a problem on that route (24) for god knows how long.... The fact that aint shit gettin better with it, amounts to nothing more than mere neglect..... No wonder the north-south buses to the (J) is more prevalent.....

After putting up with the annoying commute on the LIRR tonight, I tried to catch either the 24 or the 56 (over @ Sutphin)... In a 12 min span, I saw everything else BUT the 24.... Two 56's arrived within mins of each over - the first 56 picked up the masses (which was already crowded before the fact), and about 2 or 3 mins afterward, another (much emptier) 56 came - but blew right by the first bus.... So I said to hell with that & made a mini fantrip out of it all 

side note... finally got to see an artic on the Q35... too bad it was the 9:30 bus (according to the b/o himself) instead of the 9pm I ended up taking....

which reminds me.... Gotta warm up these boneless spare ribs... Since I didn't feel like running for the 8:30 (I don't blame the Q53 driver at all - the 53 I believe is scheduled to get to 116th @ 8:30, and the Bklyn. bound Q35 departs at the same time), I killed time by gettin me some'n to eat, & briefly gettin up out of that cold drizzle that was blowing around tonight.....

Edited by B35 via Church

#5972 spotted along the GSP (garden state pkwy) northbound, around route 35 (the bridge) at 1:10pm today....

Had the 126th st depot decal on it.

Does anyone know when the construction around Queens and Main will end?

What, the interchange project..... Somewhere around 2017 or 2018, I believe.....

My question is, where is the entrance for the Briarwood-Van Wyck station?

The last time I took the Q44 to QB (from the Bronx), I was tryna figure out where the hell it was.... Seemed like ppl were walking to nowhere inparticular.... That same day was also the first time I saw artics on the Q10 (decided to fan the 37 that day though, since it was right there w/ a handful of ppl. already on it).....

#5972 spotted along the GSP (garden state pkwy) northbound, around route 35 (the bridge) at 1:10pm today....

Had the 126th st depot decal on it.

What, the interchange project..... Somewhere around 2017 or 2018, I believe.....

My question is, where is the entrance for the Briarwood-Van Wyck station?

The last time I took the Q44 to QB (from the Bronx), I was tryna figure out where the hell it was.... Seemed like ppl were walking to nowhere inparticular.... That same day was also the first time I saw artics on the Q10 (decided to fan the 37 that day though, since it was right there w/ a handful of ppl. already on it).....

The entrance to the subway station is along the Van Wyck. There's a walkway and signs leading you to the station.

Why doesn't the Q10 schedule mention the buses that start on Queens Blvd and then go on 82nd and then in Kew Gardens Rd and then on Lefferts?

Using Tapatalk

That's a good question, I haven't noticed that till now. I would assume that the main priority for them would be folks going to and from the airport.

Q67 does it good!

4:10 PM outta LIC and 5:00 PM outta Middle Village-FP Road were no shows. That's one bus round-trip. The bus deadheaded (I'm presuming) from the depot to Ridgwood, and while waiting for the Q38, the bus never showed up. I was waiting for the 4:10 PM, and had to freeze myself outside (at least the Q39 came, so I took that to the Q38).

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

Q67 does it good!

4:10 PM outta LIC and 5:00 PM outta Middle Village-FP Road were no shows. That's one bus round-trip. The bus deadheaded (I'm presuming) from the depot to Ridgwood, and while waiting for the Q38, the bus never showed up. I was waiting for the 4:10 PM, and had to freeze myself outside (at least the Q39 came, so I took that to the Q38).

Given the low frequency it is quite possible that the bus was in excess of 30 or even 45 minutes delayed. Unless you chose to wait the entire 60 or so minutes, in which case you've earned my pity.

Given the low frequency it is quite possible that the bus was in excess of 30 or even 45 minutes delayed. Unless you chose to wait the entire 60 or so minutes, in which case you've earned my pity.

Oh no, I waited 10 minutes, then the Q39 came, so I said f**k it and took the Q39. I would never wait the extra 60 minutes unless I'm on 69 street (where I would simply walk to Metro Mall and spend the time there), that has happened before.

I called customer service which called dispatch (while on the Q39). The guy told me the bus would come at 4:25 (I was on the Q39, and it was 4:25, so that was my WTF moment of the day). Then I see the bus on layover at Fresh Pond (at the Q67 spot), so Im like "something's going on here" I go to the Q38 stop at Fresh Pond/Metro waiting for the Q38, the Q67 needed to have departed at 5:00 PM, but my Q38 arrived at 5:10, then past the layover area, the bus still at the same spot.

Oh no, I waited 10 minutes, then the Q39 came, so I said f**k it and took the Q39. I would never wait the extra 60 minutes unless I'm on 69 street (where I would simply walk to Metro Mall and spend the time there), that has happened before.

I called customer service which called dispatch (while on the Q39). The guy told me the bus would come at 4:25 (I was on the Q39, and it was 4:25, so that was my WTF moment of the day). Then I see the bus on layover at Fresh Pond (at the Q67 spot), so Im like "something's going on here" I go to the Q38 stop at Fresh Pond/Metro waiting for the Q38, the Q67 needed to have departed at 5:00 PM, but my Q38 arrived at 5:10, then past the layover area, the bus still at the same spot.

Man, what a load of shit. It was really out of whack then.

On a side note, are you still having the issue with the chatroom?

1.Man, what a load of shit. It was really out of whack then.

2.On a side note, are you still having the issue with the chatroom?

1. I don't know what happened, but the driver does the 39 after the one 67 round trip, don't know how those certain trips got managed or something, but I don't know, at least I got home (although by my least preferred way, the 39 winds too much).

2. Yeah, still getting those error messages, when trying to get on chat.

1. I don't know what happened, but the driver does the 39 after the one 67 round trip, don't know how those certain trips got managed or something, but I don't know, at least I got home (although by my least preferred way, the 39 winds too much).

2. Yeah, still getting those error messages, when trying to get on chat.

Haha, MTA even trols on the holidays. On your second point I contacted someone, so hopefully it gets resolved sooner rather than later.

Haha, MTA even trols on the holidays. On your second point I contacted someone, so hopefully it gets resolved sooner rather than later.

MTA trolls me everyday with the Q38, the Q67 is reliable, but sometimes when it's not, you'd rather take the east-west buses to the subway.

(Side note: Thanks btw!)

lol... But who would want to though??  :huh:

some people have long commutes...some pple travel through different boroughs. How do I get to Coney Island from Staten Island? I have to take 4 buses, or 2 buses and 2 trains. So there are people who ride 4 buses to commute, or like 3 trains etc.