BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never riding the B49...there's always another option...worst route out there....by far...

I won't go as far as to say it's the worst route, but I can't take the way the 49 crawls along Ocean......

There was this hobby shop I used to frequent around Neck rd (Q) (just west of it)..... What I would do (after the very first day I went there, that is) is take the Q train going there, and walk over to Nostrand for the 44 back home..... The very first time I checked the place out, I walked from the crib over to E-Hall (Erasmus) & caught the SB 49 - got off at the Av W stop.... Told myself, never again.....

side note: I didn't find the walk from nostrand to E 14th to be all that bad.... lol....

I won't go as far as to say it's the worst route, but I can't take the way the 49 crawls along Ocean......

There was this hobby shop I used to frequent around Neck rd (Q) (just west of it)..... What I would do (after the very first day I went there, that is) is take the Q train going there, and walk over to Nostrand for the 44 back home..... The very first time I checked the place out, I walked from the crib over to E-Hall (Erasmus) & caught the SB 49 - got off at the Av W stop.... Told myself, never again.....

side note: I didn't find the walk from nostrand to E 14th to be all that bad.... lol....

I think i just had 2 bad days for the first time.

First time i rode it...had to wait like 25mins for it...i checked the schedule...showed there was suppose to be three buses in that time period, then second time i rode it, i waited at sheepshead bay station for 20mins...nothing...so i walked to Manhattan beach...and beat the bus.

but today...soon as i got of the Q train, it came within a minute. 

btw...E-Hall...i know all those terms and such as you. 

the walk from nostrand to east 14th isnt bad....i ran from nostrand to coney island ave. down ave Z

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

Which depot are slated to get the next provost order

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk now Free

Basically all of Staten Island and Ulmer Park.

------------------

I've come down to the foregone conclusion that during the day, I should be taking the Q41 over the Q24. The Q41 comes on time a lot more often than the Q24 does. While I'm waiting at Atlantic and 134th for a 24 to show up to head to Lefferts. I see not one....but four Q24s headed to Jamaica and not one showed up heading Brooklyn Bound, but not only that, 2-3 out of 4 Q24s are gotdamned packed. The Q41's on-time frequency seems to be a lot better despite its shotty schedule.

What the Q24 needs is that Broadway Junction short turn again. There are some buses short turning there already but it should be every other bus. This Lafayette Avenue extension IMO f**ked up Q24 service as it is.

Edited by Cait Sith

but four[/u] Q24s headed to Jamaica and not one showed up heading Brooklyn Bound, but not only that, 2-3 out of 4 Q24s are gotdamned packed. The Q41's on-time frequency seems to be a lot better despite its shotty schedule.

What the Q24 needs is that Broadway Junction short turn again. There are some buses short turning there already but it should be every other bus. This Lafayette Avenue extension IMO f**ked up Q24 service as it is.

No true-er words have been spoken all day. As much as I kinda like the Q24 stopping at Lafayette, it was better off having it stop at Bway Junction with the 56. And I feel like the MTA really tries to keep ENY routes out of bushwich i.e moving the B60 to Grand Ave Depot, cutting the Q24 to Bway Junction (Which they should of kept it there) & moving the B7 to Fresh Pond. In a way I guess that is smart. But they should either put more buses on the 24 or cut back to bway junction.

Which is faster from Brooklyn college to downtown Brooklyn the 103 or 41

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk now Free

In my experience the 103.....

In the opposite direction they can take about the same time, I have seen local 41s and 103s leave Downtown at the same time and meet up again later on Flatbush Ave.

Can transgendered people work for the MTA?

Of course they can..... Who's to say that a current MTA employee isn't one....

Which is faster from Brooklyn college to downtown Brooklyn the 103 or 41

On both their best days, the B103, AINEC.......

On an average day, I'd still say the B103....

On both their worst days, I think I'd actually say the B41....

btw...E-Hall...i know all those terms and such as you. 

cool....

I've come down to the foregone conclusion that during the day, I should be taking the Q41 over the Q24. The Q41 comes on time a lot more often than the Q24 does. While I'm waiting at Atlantic and 134th for a 24 to show up to head to Lefferts. I see not one....but four Q24s headed to Jamaica and not one showed up heading Brooklyn Bound, but not only that, 2-3 out of 4 Q24s are gotdamned packed. The Q41's on-time frequency seems to be a lot better despite its shotty schedule.

What I've been doing lately coming home is taking that bi-level (from Oyster Bay) that goes express to Jamaica after Mineola, and taking the Q24 or the Q56 to (that stop adjacent ENY depot, just under the tracks), then cross the street from there to catch the B12..... Q24's definitely have a bunching problem - and it doesn't help when the crowds embark at Lefferts & Woodhaven (especially), or when buses leave Jamaica packed (as well).....

The last time I took the 24 out of Jamaica, I was trying to figure out why it was so god-damned empty for most the ride..... Until we got to Jamaica/Penn (opposite the mcdonalds, before the turn) & there were 2 other Q24's, jammed packed, in front of us..... But it gets better - as I was waiting for the 12 (about 10 mins or so after I got off said Q24), 2 more Q24's came afterwards (one literally completely empty).... so that's a whopping 5 Q24's within a 10-15 min. span.... Ridiculous..... I'd say most of the time around that time, you'll see at least 2 Q24's arriving at the penultimate stop, with at least 1 bus 5 mins behind those 2 buses..... So basically, I'm experiencing what you are - except in the opposite direction !

Although I've been saying that the MTA should've never reinstated running buses to Lafayette/Patchen, what's being mentioned here wasn't the reason - although it certainly justifies cutting buses BACK to B'way Junction....

Before (when it ran to Lafayette/Patchen), buses were slow as f**k... There wasn't an apparent bunching problem; buses just ran few & far between b/c frequencies were pure crap..... When they cut buses to B'way junction, buses were still slow, but more timelier than what they are now.... Now with service back to Lafayette/Patchen, it's like things are worse now, than with either of the prior 2 renditions of the route..... I don't know wtf the MTA is doing to the Q24...... It's reminiscent of the (level of) bunching that used to go on when the B12 ran out to City Line.....

The Q56 bunches also, but not like the Q24 does.... The problem I'm having with the Q56 is rather long waiting times..... 

I can see 2-3 Q54's pass before a Q56 arrives along Jamaica av (which is really getting annoying now).... What I do see is more than my fair share of ENY buses going OOS (either Q24's or Q56's), before I see an in-service Q56 around that time (7-8 pm).....

so if I were you, I wouldn't even consider the 24..... With whatever problem the Q41 has, I would endure it, over the 24.....

Edited by B35 via Church

cool....

What I've been doing lately coming home is taking that bi-level (from Oyster Bay) that goes express to Jamaica after Mineola, and taking the Q24 or the Q56 to (that stop adjacent ENY depot, just under the tracks), then cross the street from there to catch the B12..... Q24's definitely have a bunching problem - and it doesn't help when the crowds embark at Lefferts & Woodhaven (especially), or when buses leave Jamaica packed (as well).....

The last time I took the 24 out of Jamaica, I was trying to figure out why it was so god-damned empty for most the ride..... Until we got to Jamaica/Penn (opposite the mcdonalds, before the turn) & there were 2 other Q24's, jammed packed, in front of us..... But it gets better - as I was waiting for the 12 (about 10 mins or so after I got off said Q24), 2 more Q24's came afterwards (one literally completely empty).... so that's a whopping 5 Q24's within a 10-15 min. span.... Ridiculous..... I'd say most of the time around that time, you'll see at least 2 Q24's arriving at the penultimate stop, with at least 1 bus 5 mins behind those 2 buses..... So basically, I'm experiencing what you are - except in the opposite direction !

Although I've been saying that the MTA should've never reinstated running buses to Lafayette/Patchen, what's being mentioned here wasn't the reason - although it certainly justifies cutting buses BACK to B'way Junction....

Before (when it ran to Lafayette/Patchen), buses were slow as f**k... There wasn't an apparent bunching problem; buses just ran few & far between b/c frequencies were pure crap..... When they cut buses to B'way junction, buses were still slow, but more timelier than what they are now.... Now with service back to Lafayette/Patchen, it's like things are worse now, than with either of the prior 2 renditions of the route..... I don't know wtf the MTA is doing to the Q24...... It's reminiscent of the (level of) bunching that used to go on when the B12 ran out to City Line.....

The Q56 bunches also, but not like the Q24 does.... The problem I'm having with the Q56 is rather long waiting times..... 

I can see 2-3 Q54's pass before a Q56 arrives along Jamaica av (which is really getting annoying now).... What I do see is more than my fair share of ENY buses going OOS (either Q24's or Q56's), before I see an in-service Q56 around that time (7-8 pm).....

so if I were you, I wouldn't even consider the 24..... With whatever problem the Q41 has, I would endure it, over the 24.....

It's really annoying, I've had moments where two extremely packed Q24s bypasses the stop and the 3rd one has just enough room to board. When it gets to Parsons, Sutphin, Jamaica Hospital and Lefferts, it becomes a pain in the ass to get on and off. I still say Q24 was at its best when they ended at Broadway Junction. It was never as bad as this, I mean sure, it showed up late kind of often but compared to now? I rather have the way service was before!

I mean even tonight coming home from 168th, two Q24s (5006 and 4821) leaving back to back and then two others going UP to 168th. I was like HOW.....?!

The 54 and 56 I take on occasion when a 24 doesn't show as I just get off at the Walgreens on Jamaica Avenue or at Jamaica/Metropolitan. During the afternoons, they do bunch but after 7PM, those two lines run far better than the Q24. Often times I would take the Q10 to the Q24, and what would piss me off is that I would see at least two Q8s while looking down the block headed to Jamaica before a Q24 shows up.

All in all, they completely f**ked up the line with the re-extension. Nothing is getting better at all. It's even worse at the AM where you gotta pass up 3-4 buses before you're able to board in either direction(since my stop is Atlantic and 134th).