BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

image-1.jpg So I started putting together a paper XD40 model lol. I put the fresh pond stickers on it before I printed it out and I did it upside down on the door side too lmao smh. My bus looks so bootleg right now. I can't wait to finish. The front & back didn't even print out fully so it's gonna look type crazy.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

image-1.jpg So I started putting together a paper XD40 model lol. I put the fresh pond stickers on it before I printed it out and I did it upside down on the door side too lmao smh. My bus looks so bootleg right now. I can't wait to finish. The front & back didn't even print out fully so it's gonna look type crazy.

A ghetto Xcelsior bus... LMAO!  :lol:

Got off the B4 earlier today (bus 4xx) thinking to myself... Who in the bloody hell hatched the bright idea to order those New Flyers with these narrow-ass back doors anyway! I mean more than just functionality, big back doors simply look better. Just a random thought...Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

And don't get me started on those XD60s they look terrible with those narrow doors... Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Got off the B4 earlier today (bus 4xx) thinking to myself... Who in the bloody hell hatched the bright idea to order those New Flyers with these narrow-ass back doors anyway! I mean more than just functionality, big back doors simply look better. Just a random thought... Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

And don't get me started on those XD60s they look terrible with those narrow doors... Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Most new buses have the back doors layed out that way, but that's what the (MTA) was going for anyway and it works pretty fine from how I experienced it. It has enough room and its easier to use than with the wider ones from the older buses.

according to the MTA,some artics will be replaced by 40 footers tomorrow because of the snow...

Some routes will, especially on routes that can't handle artics in snow like the Bx9. Other routes with no alternatives will keep using artics with chains on the back wheels. Its always been done that way, but its one of the very few times the (MTA) actually mentions it in the site.

5014, 5017, 5027 on the M15 per Bustime. Sounds like we could be seeing 40 footers out on the 15 this weekend, all I can say is WOW.

3883 is also on the M60, a nice flashback.

Actually there's 40 footers EVERYWHERE in Manhattan they shouldn't be! All artic routes are running at least 1 40 footer right now. Sh*t!

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

5014, 5017, 5027 on the M15 per Bustime. Sounds like we could be seeing 40 footers out on the 15 this weekend, all I can say is WOW.

Actually there's 40 footers EVERYWHERE in Manhattan they shouldn't be! All artic routes are running at least 1 40 footer right now. Sh*t!

It's because of the snowstorm. Happened at least twice this week:

1468801_10201216458001888_1178699379_n.j

Most new buses have the back doors layed out that way, but that's what the (MTA) was going for anyway and it works pretty fine from how I experienced it. It has enough room and its easier to use than with the wider ones from the older buses.

Yes, I'm aware of all that... If that's your preference, bully for you dood...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Here's what's up: the heavy-use artic routes are staying artic. M14A/D, M15/SBS, M101 -- all artic. The M23, M79, M60, M102, are all running 40-footers, and in fact the Quill ones are almost entirely 40-footers. The Bx1, Bx2 -- all artic; but the Bx9, Bx15, Bx19, all 40-footers, same with the Bx12 local. 

I've only seen the 40 foot 103 once and that was after Sandy, hell they had a SBS 1200 outta 126 out there too.

Sandy was a mess. TU ran (on the 103) Quill LFSAs, Quill D60s, 126 LFSA (SBS and non-SBS), MHV NGs, TU's own OGs...everything.
Edited by MHV9218