BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So with the 40' order confirmed, is it reasonable to speculate what numbers they will use? Theres the 700-1000s (more when the artics are retired) and the 9700-9900s (by then i'd guess the last o5 cng will be retired before then). And i guess the 8000s since they are done with almost all the 8800s.

Edited by Grand Concourse

That's the thing, ENY doesn't have NG's...

they don't but they did borrow some ngs from fb some months or years ago for some reason. I dunno if it was because they were short some buses (and if they were, why not take some rtss instead) i have no idea what the reason was other than the buses were returned back eventually.

And not that it matters, but erica, can u explain why the down vote?

thats not true

There is a video on youtube of the new 2013 MCI and towards the end the person who was filming the video switched the sign to m57 which was clearly not in the same depot as that bus whose sign got switched

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk now Free

When changing using the farebox, you can only input routes in the same boro. There's no limits if you use the sign controller (ODK) as Orion VII pointed out.

Don't know about closer (in terms of distance), but getting to FP would be less of a hassle...

Yeah because I'm by the B38 in Brooklyn so a B/O on the limited would probably take me past the last stop so I can get there. Instead of walking to fulton for the B25 or (A) or (C) to Bway Junction.

But I wanna work at ENY more because of the fleet, but the routes and areas and everything else.. idkk :/ A part of me would rather stay pushing Next Gens on the Q58 & stay out of the hood. But then again those XD40s at ENY...

Edited by E For Erica

Now that im thinking about it...the reason why CH got those 3Gs is so send their hybrids to get repainted...they would be short if they sent buses...so they borrowed 3Gs from CAS.

It was already explained as to why they got them already, primarily for the overnight runs since an operator got attacked.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk