MCI D4500 Discussion

East New York

I could see this order POSSIBLY going to College Point for a full 32 OR Eastchester/College Point for the split. (16) each.

Why in the world would Eastchester need new MCIs? Their entire MCI fleet is mainly from 2004 - 2005 or so. College Point should get all of those because they still have those old 18XXs hanging around. Get rid of those so that folks can have display signs that they can actually read and seats and such that recline. :mad: Eastchester takes care of their buses so unless they're short on buses or suddenly are having repair problems they can wait a little while for newer ones.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why in the world would Eastchester need new MCIs? Their entire MCI fleet is mainly from 2004 - 2005 or so. College Point should get all of those because they still have those old 18XXs hanging around. Get rid of those so that folks can have display signs that they can actually read and seats and such that recline. :mad: Eastchester takes care of their buses so unless they're short on buses or suddenly are having repair problems they can wait a little while for newer ones.

I think I recall in my last response, I did say college point should POSSIBLY get the full order. I'm aware of CP's buses, and I'm also aware of Eastchester's buses. This is the MTA we are dealing with. Anything is subject to change. Look what happen to the last batch of the 22xx buses that were supposed to head to the bronx. Those became for Spring Creek.

I think I recall in my last response, I did say college point should POSSIBLY get the full order. I'm aware of CP's buses, and I'm also aware of Eastchester's buses. This is the MTA we are dealing with. Anything is subject to change. Look what happen to the last batch of the 22xx buses that were supposed to head to the bronx. Those became for Spring Creek.

Well yeah... Why in the world should the Bronx get any new MCIs when they have relatively new MCIs??? Yeah some of them are near 7 or 8 years old but it's not like Eastchester has crappy maintenance or something and they don't have any older buses past 2004 to my knowledge, since 74XXs were given to Spring Creek (the few 74XXs that exist). They take very good care of their MCIs and in fact I have yet to see a broken down MCI out of Eastchester or any depot in the Bronx for that matter since they got those new MCIs from 2004 - 2006 or so. Spring Creek still had those ****** Orions on the road for express bus service with the "cushioned" seats that felt like bricks and older MCIs as well in their mix. :mad: I get cranky just thinking about the idea of paying $5.50 for the BM3 with those crappy Orions and me not even being able to sit in some seats because they were too cramped. Total ripoff... I also think that the Spring Creek and CP routes are longer than many of the Bronx express bus routes, which means more mileage and wear and tear put on their express buses as opposed to the ones in the Bronx, so I don't see why they're in such need of new buses. :confused: Those buses probably have a good 6 years or so left in them in some cases.

• 1 month later...

College Point has a handful of 1998 MCIs.

As for not being able to sell buses when retired---the MTA is required to scrap the buses when withdrawing them from service? That seems to be a waste if the buses are serviceable.

how come they never ordered any mci CNG

The ONLY garages that could handle them are College Point and Spring Creek.

Well yeah... Why in the world should the Bronx get any new MCIs when they have relatively new MCIs??? Yeah some of them are near 7 or 8 years old but it's not like Eastchester has crappy maintenance or something and they don't have any older buses past 2004 to my knowledge, since 74XXs were given to Spring Creek (the few 74XXs that exist). They take very good care of their MCIs and in fact I have yet to see a broken down MCI out of Eastchester or any depot in the Bronx for that matter since they got those new MCIs from 2004 - 2006 or so. Spring Creek still had those ****** Orions on the road for express bus service with the "cushioned" seats that felt like bricks and older MCIs as well in their mix. :mad: I get cranky just thinking about the idea of paying $5.50 for the BM3 with those crappy Orions and me not even being able to sit in some seats because they were too cramped. Total ripoff... I also think that the Spring Creek and CP routes are longer than many of the Bronx express bus routes, which means more mileage and wear and tear put on their express buses as opposed to the ones in the Bronx, so I don't see why they're in such need of new buses. :confused: Those buses probably have a good 6 years or so left in them in some cases.

Now if you had the chance to pay 2.25 for an mci on a local 1998 or 2006 you'd be jumping for joy lol

• 2 months later...

November/December this year the new order will begin.

No (MTA) depots announced yet, but this MCI order could possibly be an ALL Staten Island order.

ooohh end of year ok thanks If staten island gets these that would suck! replace those 20xx's....i love those! they need to replace the 27xx's!

November/December this year the new order will begin.

No (MTA) depots announced yet, but this MCI order could possibly be an ALL Staten Island order.

From what I was told, it's a coin flip, might be an MTA Bus order or TA order or both, don't quote me on that though.

From what I was told, it's a coin flip, might be an MTA Bus order or TA order or both, don't quote me on that though.

Copy that. Now there are some possiblities to this order. Let's stay tuned to what's going on.

Remember, theres a 66 bus order from the previous procurement,

and another 99 OR 120 bus procurement expected sometime in FY'13/14. <----- (I could be wrong) Someone pls clarify.

Naw, this current order, which was awarded a long time ago under the previous procurement is all TA. The next order may possibly include BC, but only for 32 buses.

Hopefuly if these NEW MCI's come, some would go to MTA bus, But SI needs these buses badly to bump off those 2000-2100's or 2700's to Queens, some MTA bus depots should have the older MCI's, Hopefuly Charleston depot gets these MCI's or yukon

Of course... the MCI fleets have to remain superior. ;)

You have to admit "my" express bus signs look pretty damn good...

:P

Hopefuly if these NEW MCI's come, some would go to MTA bus, But SI needs these buses badly to bump off those 2000-2100's or 2700's to Queens, some MTA bus depots should have the older MCI's, Hopefuly Charleston depot gets these MCI's or yukon

These new ones should go to Charleston first and then the rest to Castleton and then Yukon. Yukon just got the new friggin' Prevosts. They get everything when it comes to the express bus fleet and Charleston and Castleton get all of their used crappola.

Archived