Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
East New York

MCI D4500 Discussion

The MTA is scheduled to take delivery of 66 D4500CT's starting this fall. Delivery should wrap up by December.

DSC07110-1.jpg

DSC04224.jpg

DSC04237.jpg

Photos Courtesy Cait Sith

Edited by Harry
Change in amount of units on order.

This will be interesting as these will likely be rocking the Cummins ISX. I wish it was still Caterpillar :)

That's great, but I thought they were ordering Prevosts.

They are, which are coming soon, the MTA from what I know will also be ordering MCIs.

This will be interesting as these will likely be rocking the Cummins ISX. I wish it was still Caterpillar :)

It will likely have the 330hp ISL9. That 11.9 liter, 425hp ISX with engine brake would be a fun option though!:drool:

X3s, CTs - Drag Race

I see it coming.

I would love to see that!

This is fantastic news! I cant wait to see where these MCI's are going. I'm also glad to see that the (MTA) and MCI are dealing with each other again.

Shouldn't this be a sticky?

This is fantastic news! I cant wait to see where these MCI's are going. I'm also glad to see that the (MTA) and MCI are dealing with each other again.

Shouldn't this be a sticky?

I knew something didn't look right!:)

Ewww, more MCIs :)

If the X3 Prevosts are going to Yukon (not all of them) I wonder where these will go....

I like the variety of buses but why is the MTA getting all these different kind of buses? I know its for test purpose but what will they do with after the test is over?

Ewww, more MCIs :)

If the X3 Prevosts are going to Yukon (not all of them) I wonder where these will go....

i heard the x3-45's are going to Ulmer Park

So where are these new mci's gonna go?

It would not surprise me if these buses are going to Yonkers. ALL 60...not sure but it would not surprise me. Either way, I guess the MTA and MCI came to an agreement based on the last order (#2210-2250) in which NJ got the last 18 (originally #2251-2268). :mad:

As for the Prevosts, Yukon (50...Oh lord, why them?!) and Ulmer Park (40).

It would not surprise me if these buses are going to Yonkers. ALL 60...not sure but it would not surprise me. Either way, I guess the MTA and MCI came to an agreement based on the last order (#2210-2250) in which NJ got the last 18 (originally #2251-2268). :mad:

I said that before also, but they actually lost some of the 43XXs to Charleston. Also, they have one of the longest and the busiest express bus lines in the system in the X1 in addition to the other lines that run out of Yukon that go to the South Shore, so they do need some new ones. Of late I haven't seen very many new ones. They have some of the old (MTA) Bus MCIs... :eek:

Queens Village should get some of those new MCIs.

I agree... QV had those 43XXs first and then they got shipped out to Yukon and then eventually some made their way over to Ulmer Park, so now they have some 28XXs and older MCIs...

CT's X3's wow I can't wait really:cool:I do doubt we will see that Ghost Bus though cause its been awhile now and I've heard nothing:tdown:

Last time I heard it's running out of Yonkers.

I expect that Yukon will lose 2210-2228 to Castleton to retire their worst buses.

Queens Village should get some of those new MCIs.

No need---Queens Village uses its MCIs the least among NYC Transit garages.

Well it is a test fleet, if the Prevosts can survive YUK and the X1 they can last on any other express bus route or depot lol.

I expect that Yukon will lose 2210-2228 to Castleton to retire their worst buses.

Even less than CS?

As much as I hate to say it, you're right. The X1 and BxM7 clearly carry more people than the X63 and X64.