MCI D4500 Discussion

East New York

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This will be interesting as these will likely be rocking the Cummins ISX. I wish it was still Caterpillar :)

It will likely have the 330hp ISL9. That 11.9 liter, 425hp ISX with engine brake would be a fun option though!:drool:

X3s, CTs - Drag Race

I see it coming.

I would love to see that!

So where are these new mci's gonna go?

It would not surprise me if these buses are going to Yonkers. ALL 60...not sure but it would not surprise me. Either way, I guess the MTA and MCI came to an agreement based on the last order (#2210-2250) in which NJ got the last 18 (originally #2251-2268). :mad:

As for the Prevosts, Yukon (50...Oh lord, why them?!) and Ulmer Park (40).

It would not surprise me if these buses are going to Yonkers. ALL 60...not sure but it would not surprise me. Either way, I guess the MTA and MCI came to an agreement based on the last order (#2210-2250) in which NJ got the last 18 (originally #2251-2268). :mad:

I said that before also, but they actually lost some of the 43XXs to Charleston. Also, they have one of the longest and the busiest express bus lines in the system in the X1 in addition to the other lines that run out of Yukon that go to the South Shore, so they do need some new ones. Of late I haven't seen very many new ones. They have some of the old (MTA) Bus MCIs... :eek:

I expect that Yukon will lose 2210-2228 to Castleton to retire their worst buses.

Queens Village should get some of those new MCIs.

No need---Queens Village uses its MCIs the least among NYC Transit garages.

Well it is a test fleet, if the Prevosts can survive YUK and the X1 they can last on any other express bus route or depot lol.

Archived