Queens Village LFS's, Bonjour!

Queens Surface

while they are getting new LFS's, they are sending their poorly maintained RTS's over here to 126...don't worry, we'll treat them better than they've ever been treated at QV (5017 is already in the building)

while they are getting new LFS's, they are sending their poorly maintained RTS's over here to 126...don't worry, we'll treat them better than they've ever been treated at QV (5017 is already in the building)

Wait, WHAT! 5017 is at 126th??!?!!!!! What else?!

Why not just retire those RTS's already?? They can't have much left in them anyway. They're cutting service left and right, so what's the point of having all of these old extra buses around?

It's to balance the fleet age. That's why the 1999 RTS', 1999 Orion 5 diesels and 2003 New Flyer Artics are being rehabbed. From what I'm aware of the 1996 Orion 5s and 1996 RTS' are supposed to be scrapped by the end of this year.

It's to balance the fleet age. That's why the 1999 RTS', 1999 Orion 5 diesels and 2003 New Flyer Artics are being rehabbed. From what I'm aware of the 1996 Orion 5s and 1996 RTS' are supposed to be scrapped by the end of this year.

I get all of that, but I'm sure that you've noticed that they're cutting back on bus service, which means that there is no need to have as many buses around now, so why not just get rid of it? They should get rid of the buses in the worse conditions, regardless of their age.

8907 will be just as better at LGA. LOL!!!!

I dont think so , if lga gets it it'll be into peices . The best place for it to be is ulmer park . I dont know why they gave that one up , well it was garbage anyways because it came from eny . That was an eny original , if it goes to lga peices will be missing .

Wait, WHAT! 5017 is at 126th??!?!!!!! What else?!

i don't know what else we are getting or what else we have right now. i just saw 5017 yesterday as i was walking towards the time clock. i asked a couple S/I's and they said that we were getting a bunch of them to make up for whatever we are short (we're at 147 buses when we should be at around 160)

Thank god.

---------------

Excellent shots Eman, love that 8907!

Well they're not going to necessarily have them scrapped immediately, they'll just be placed in storage as backup.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Sort of like the Orions that Castleton pulls out from time to time. I gotta tell you though, they pick the perfect time to bring out those old buses with crappy AC. I mean in the middle of a heat wave and now they have all of these old buses out. LOL Feel sorry for the local bus riders on Staten Island.

Archived