NABI 40-SFW Delivery & Discussion Thread

Cait Sith

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am curious to know how many NABI transits will we be receiving in Washington Township. I would think they would need about 10 to cover the 459 and 463 which are the shorter distance lines out of the four soon to be exact fare lines.

But NJ Transit likes to keep things interesting...I remember the 30 foot NOVA RTS 2560-2566 and how occasionally one would show up on a 400 EXPRESS or even on a 403.

However in actuality it makes no difference, Washington Township's sister garage Newton Avenue mixes their NABIs up (suburbans and transits) for instance last Saturday on the 404; I was on 5573 & 5574 but I also saw 5383

Even on a longer distance line such as the 413, they will use 53xxs and 55xxs together. So I guess for Washington Township I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 59xx on a 400 or a 403.

The 4

They need to do something because now the NABIs are being borrowed from the Newton Ave garage in Camden to assist with Turnersville( Washington Twp) runs since these routes are exact fare. There is going to be a bus shortage again soon especially now that school is in session and Newton Avenue buses are used for Camden School trips.

Are they going to be replacing the 40 foot NOVA RTS in Camden soon with the newest batch of NABI transits?

I am assuming that Washington Township is on the list too now for some NABI transits... they are going to need them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
"Those pictures of 5912 on the NWK Light Rail shuttle have me thinking the 5900s will go to Orange garage instead of Newton Ave, for some reason."

I wouldn't think so but i will keep a look out then especially on the 96 since that's comes by 1 block away from where i live.

Archived