NABI 40-SFW Delivery & Discussion Thread

Cait Sith

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An interesting find surfing the net .... http://i774.photobuc...35627671jpg.jpg

The 551 in THAT? I mean, NABI's are ok, but not on a NON-MCI Bus......I've taken the 551 numerous times and people want to rest and relax. So much that I've seen, occasionally, Lav Buses. But, a NABI??? 553, what's going on in your garage? Your garage supervisor smoking grass?

I thought Egg & Wash shared that line. Get it? Egg Wash? Eh, never mind. No chefs here. Ya probably fry with motor oil :P Seriously, I thought EH and WT shared the 551 since there have been 45 with Lav's on it.

Nah we dont share it. We only help out in the event of a backup.

5909 is a Newton Ave NABI, WT was probably out of working MCIs and NABIs at the time the original MCI for that run broke down! And Newton Ave was also out of MCIs as well, but had a spare NABI available

On a side note, I had a little conversation with an NJT Regional Supervisor in Philly on New Years Day, and he told me that some MCIs at Ironbound Garage as well as at that parking lot in NYC (between Lincoln Tunnel and PABT) were damage by Sandy, so some MCIs had to be sent north

@553, can you confirm that any buses at your garage had to be sent north?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Just seen a Blank NABI NY Bound on I85, im in North Atlanta could not get the number. It should be in NJ by tomorrow. I guess the private company are up again.

Yes A&C bus is next in jersey city for the Montgomery-westside line and Bergen ave. Then Broadway line in Bayonne.

Yes A&C bus is next in jersey city for the Montgomery-westside line and Bergen ave. Then Broadway line in Bayonne.

Looks like the private lines are starting to get their last batch of Nabi's. Anyone in Jersey city-Bayonne please keep an eye out for any Nabi's 6460's and higher. Should be on the Montgomery westside lines and Broadway line in Bayonne.

What are the engine breakdowns again for this fleet? It seems the wiki is not very accurate in terms of the suburban version. The current text seems to conflict with information provided here: http://146.186.225.57/buses/reports/384.pdf?1310655392 (Altoona Bus Testing and Research Center). The bus sent for testing, 5230, is shown equipped with a Cummins and an Ecolife transmission, while the text on wikipedia claims that that bus falls within the bracket of buses equipped with a Caterpillar and an Ecomat transmission. Verification?

From the sheet that I have on me at this moment.

Suburbans

5201-5349 - Caterpillar C-9 ACERT/ZF ECOMAT-4 6HP-594C
5350-5450 - Cummins ISL EPA07/ZF ECOMAT-4 6HP-594C

Transits

5501-5630 - Cummins ISL9/ZF ECOMAT-4 6HP-594C
5631-6538 - Cummins ISL9/ZF Ecolife 6AP1400B

I've also been on 5230, it definitely has a Caterpillar in it.

From the sheet that I have on me at this moment.

Suburbans

5201-5349 - Caterpillar C-9 ACERT/ZF ECOMAT-4 6HP-594C

5350-5450 - Cummins ISL EPA07/ZF ECOMAT-4 6HP-594C

Transits

5501-5630 - Cummins ISL9/ZF ECOMAT-4 6HP-594C

5631-6538 - Cummins ISL9/ZF Ecolife 6AP1400B

I've also been on 5230, it definitely has a Caterpillar in it.

Lol, not sure what I'm looking at in the PDF from Altoona then...

Archived