MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

2 minutes ago, xD4nn said:

Also looks like nova is out of the running for future orders since the MTA stated "Nova Bus ultimately withdrew its proposal prior to submitting a Best and Final Offer ('BAFO') as it decided to close its US manufacturing facility."

So basically, we will deal with all New Flyers in the Brooklyn and Queens on the artic side of things. But we will still have LFSAs in the Bronx and Manhattan.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Flatbush does still have 8 Nova LFSA's.

Those are the SBS wrapped LFSAs from Quill. They might either stay, or get transferred.

4 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

It looks like New Flyer was awarded the 245 articulated bus base order. If the options are approved, then the(MTA)would get 691 XD60s. The pilots would arrive in January 2025, and will start delivery in August of that year. It would be completed by November 2027.

(Look at page 37)

https://new.mta.info/document/129106

Based on this, the 691 XD60s would be assigned to the following:

For fleet replacement:
Gun Hill, Tuskegee Airmen, Kingsbridge, West Farms, Ulmer Park, Grand Avenue, and Casey Stengel.

For additional artics:
Flatbush. I'm not sure what are the others for as of now.

Edited by RSMG106

7 minutes ago, RSMG106 said:

Those are the SBS wrapped LFSAs from Quill. They might either stay, or get transferred.

Based on this, the 691 XD60s would be assigned to the following:

For fleet replacement:
Gun Hill, Tuskegee Airmen, Kingsbridge, West Farms, Ulmer Park, Grand Avenue, and Casey Stengel.

For additional artics:
Flatbush. I'm not sure what are the others for as of now.

I only said it as people seem to forget that they have Novas and have been there for over 4 years now.

2 minutes ago, limitednyc said:

With the coming 90 + 691 does this leave room for further  artic route expanion?

508 buses are to replace the blue and white XD60s and LFSAs. The rest can be used for expansion. This is because of the upcoming Queens and Brooklyn Bus Redesign.

23 hours ago, xD4nn said:

Also looks like nova is out of the running for future orders since the MTA stated "Nova Bus ultimately withdrew its proposal prior to submitting a Best and Final Offer ('BAFO') as it decided to close its US manufacturing facility."

Nova is out altogether once they exit the U.S Market. MTA is already exploring other options once Nova leaves the U.S market and sticks with its mainstay at the canadian market. The contracts will need to stay as competitive RFPs for the most part.

18 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

I think FB got the LFSAs from Quill because of seniority, or driver preference.

Nope, Flatbush needed buses. They got those when the XD60s were having issues.

Edited by Cait Sith

With the big expansion of artics coming in for the orders I still have my eye on ENY Depot. With the whole situation of the B82 I remember hearing that for the future they'd see artics and it would either be Nova or Xcelsiors but times has changed. Also I'd say FP Ik they technically can't artics but with the new redesign of the routes I couldn't help but wonder how they'll do with them, my concerns is with the amount of people that Q58 gets and how jam packed it could get but that's just me.

19 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

With the big expansion of artics coming in for the orders I still have my eye on ENY Depot. With the whole situation of the B82 I remember hearing that for the future they'd see artics and it would either be Nova or Xcelsiors but times has changed. Also I'd say FP Ik they technically can't artics but with the new redesign of the routes I couldn't help but wonder how they'll do with them, my concerns is with the amount of people that Q58 gets and how jam packed it could get but that's just me.

That Q58 needs artics. I agree with you...IF that's what you're implying.

2 minutes ago, The TransitMan said:

20 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

508 buses are to replace the blue and white XD60s and LFSAs. The rest can be used for expansion. This is because of the upcoming Queens and Brooklyn Bus Redesign.

It's actually  539 

11 hours ago, limitednyc said:

Also the b15.  Coul d see the b41.  And for the resigns  with the reconstruction of jam  with expansion  the new merrick blvd. In Brooklyn  what ever happen with the combination of the B6/103. Mabe the b46 lcl.

B15 is planning to no longer be going to JFK as it will be replaced by the B55 sbs in future so I would figure they would use the artics from Gleason and the B15 will just be cut back to only operate in brooklyn. 

34 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

B15 is planning to no longer be going to JFK as it will be replaced by the B55 sbs in future so I would figure they would use the artics from Gleason and the B15 will just be cut back to only operate in brooklyn. 

I forgot that the B15 was being trunkcated in the draft plan.

13 hours ago, The TransitMan said:

Yes that was what I was implying, and also to the fact that I would like to see the Q54 get some artics in exchange.  There's a large chunk of routes that Brooklyn Depots can benefit from if they were to run artics I've been keeping a close eye on most routes as of late and specifically those routes I've mentioned and they definitely need them. It's only a mater of time if they'll give the green light on it and make a change.

2 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Yes that was what I was implying, and also to the fact that I would like to see the Q54 get some artics in exchange.  There's a large chunk of routes that Brooklyn Depots can benefit from if they were to run artics I've been keeping a close eye on most routes as of late and specifically those routes I've mentioned and they definitely need them. It's only a mater of time if they'll give the green light on it and make a change.

Only during peak school riding , all they have to do in run all scheduled  service on time .

14 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

I don’t expect the B82 to get 60FT with the Redesign I expect the B5/B6 to become 60FT. The rest will be for the B55, Q51, Q58/98(only the Q98 if the 58 stays at FP), not sure if they will move XN60 from WF for the B55 which will likely go to JG.

18 minutes ago, Nova Fly Guy said:

I don’t expect the B82 to get 60FT with the Redesign I expect the B5/B6 to become 60FT. The rest will be for the B55, Q51, Q58/98(only the Q98 if the 58 stays at FP), not sure if they will move XN60 from WF for the B55 which will likely go to JG.

B82 sbs may get artics in future as ENY depot was redone to handle them. 

28 minutes ago, Nova Fly Guy said:

The B82 was definitely in the conversations of becoming artic, at least sbs wise, also the B15 from what I heard,  it was stated that ENY would either get Xcelsiors for artic and or Novas, but as we can see Nova didn't make it in the long run. Also from my understanding the Q58 is definitely staying at FP though GA is the odd ball of this as we've seen previously how they handled it... imo I like it to stay with FP as they do pretty good with it, and I do see problems luring with the route but for the most part I enjoy it at the Pond. Now the Q98 people already made future Depot assignments with the redesign and it was apparent that the Q98 would be at GA. Which does make sense since FP dosent have artics and GA does so there's that but who knows? Anything can happen. Also I can't see WF giving up XN60s unless they make it where JG gets diesel ones and what comes into play? XD60s and Novas, now I'm not saying they'll get that but from what I can see is that JG can definitely handle none CNG buses as they have over the last month or so when they were short.

Edited by Ultimategamer12c

8 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

The B82 was definitely in the conversations of becoming artic, at least sbs wise, also the B15 from what I heard,  it was stated that ENY would either get Xcelsiors for artic and or Novas, but as we can see Nova didn't make it in the long run. Also from my understanding the Q58 is definitely staying at FP though GA is the odd ball of this as we've seen previously how they handled it... imo I like it to stay with FP ass they do pretty good with it, and I do see problems luring with the route but for the most part I enjoy it at the Pond. Now the Q98 people already made future Depot assignments with the redesign and it was apparent that the Q98 would be at GA. Which does make sense since FP dosent have artics and GA does so there's that but who knows? Anything can happen. Also I can't see WF giving up XN60s unless they make it where JG gets diesel ones and what comes into play? XD60s and Novas, now I'm not saying they'll get that but from what I can see is that JG can definitely handle none CNG buses as they have over the last month or so when they were short.

The B15 will not get 60Ft it does not go to JFK, JG will not be getting diesel buses WF can handle Diesel. Anytime JG gets a loan it’s fueled at the respective Garage before going to JG. As far as the Q58 it’s not set I stone that it’s staying at FP if they push for 60FT for both routes. 

Edited by Nova Fly Guy