MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, with the 2008 Next Gens being retired at JFK, there are units along with the 2009 units that has version 3, cleverdevice screens. I wonder if they can still be transferrable to other buses. I have yet to see the 4800s in Brooklyn (4810-4899) and the upper 8000 Novas in Queens (8061-8089) with the screens by the rear door. 

22 hours ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Novas delivered so far:

BP: 8964-8966, 8970, 8972, 8975, 8977-8979, 8983, 8985, 8987-9005, 9007-9009 (33*)

FR/JK: 9010, 9012-9014, 9017, 9019-9020, 9022, 9024-9025, 9028-9031, 9033-9046, 9048-9049, 9051, 9053, 9060-9061, 9063-9064, 9067, 9070, 9074, 9080 (40)

*Asterisk as it was reported that 9006 was delivered but it has yet to be spotted.

Apparently, said unit is somewhere in Jersey. Last checked.  

19 minutes ago, poopybutt123 said:

Yeah it has been spotted and tracked numerous times and I even have spotted it myself 

20 minutes ago, poopybutt123 said:

9006 has been in the system for 4 months now what are you talking about 

I do not have 9006 registered to the system OR the tracker.

31 minutes ago, JoshTheScrub said:

I didn’t know there was a discord tracking bot for buses 😅

It does ruin the fun going out looking for the units yourself to collect evidence as a source (that’s to moves that are confirmed) and lazy without effort. And a shortcut way that leads to dead ends. That’s  just my thought. The tracker is okay only if you’re going to school, a place to be or work from A to B looking to see if your bus is coming or not, but not as officially a straight point as it’s finished from what I’ve learned. 

Also, there are some buses that’s in service but has the tracker broken. Basically, seeing it is better than believing it but that’s my take. 

Edited by Calvin

10 minutes ago, Calvin said:

It does ruin the fun going out looking for the units yourself to collect evidence as a source. And a shortcut way that leads to dead ends. That’s  just my thought. The tracker is okay only if you’re going to school or work from A to B looking to see if your bus is coming or not, but not as officially a straight point as it’s finished from what I’ve learned. 

Also, there are some buses that’s in service but has the tracker broken. Basically, seeing it is better than believing it but that’s my take. 

Oh wow that's interesting, I be using the website's roster for more info since I feel its almost accurate

And also I've been busy these weeks to catch 'em myself

Edited by JoshTheScrub

On 2/10/2024 at 10:44 AM, poopybutt123 said:

9006 has been in the system for 4 months now what are you talking about 

That’s funny!!!!!

Anyways…. Going forward, if we’re not going to do the proper research with these deliveries and scrap buses, then I’m just going to lock these threads. I’m not saying that to flex on anyone here but I’m not going to allow this to turn into a source of misinformation. 

The Discord bot is good but the system it is relying on has flaws. Those flaws trickle down. So, trust but verify. 

15 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

That’s funny!!!!!

Anyways…. Going forward, if we’re not going to do the proper research with these deliveries and scrap buses, then I’m just going to lock these threads. I’m not saying that to flex on anyone here but I’m not going to allow this to turn into a source of misinformation. 

The Discord bot is good but the system it is relying on has flaws. Those flaws trickle down. So, trust but verify. 

😐 whatever u say dude 

Edited by poopybutt123

39 minutes ago, poopybutt123 said:

😐 whatever u say dude 

You’re a troll, so please for the love of god just stop before you make it bad for everyone on here. This is the only place where there are legit discussions about the MTA. 

@SevenEleven would it be possible to just ban this user? 

As of this time, 3000 from College Point is now part of the museum fleet. This bus when it was first delivered in 2004 was assigned to Yonkers. Later on, it was transferred to College Point, and remained there until it's retirement on March 5th 2023. It was the first order of MCIs to use the Caterpillar C13 engine, and that powertrain would continue to be used in the 2008 D4500CT order.

IMG_0570.jpg?ex=65dd02bf&is=65ca8dbf&hm=

Edited by RSMG106

3 minutes ago, RSMG106 said:

As of this time, 3000 from College Point is now part of the museum fleet. This bus when it was first delivered in 2004 was assigned to Yonkers.

IMG_0570.jpg?ex=65dd02bf&is=65ca8dbf&hm=

Ayy nice, I just hope that the OGs get the same treatment as well 😌

1 hour ago, poopybutt123 said:

😐 whatever u say dude 

I don’t usually chime into this kind of stuff but your comment is very immature and unnecessary. Don’t be upset because multiple people called you out for making a false report. “Dude” you could not even provide any proof of your claim so why not be a bigger person and own up to your mistake and just admit it was an error ? In life you will need to learn to own up to your mistakes because in the real world you won’t always be able to hide like you can behind a phone screen. I’m assuming you’re young so I know a lot of stuff goes in one ear and out the other but I’m just trying to give you some life advice. 

Also you don’t get any bonus points on here for being the first one to make a report about a bus transfer or delivery but let’s carry on. 

Edited by NewFlyer 230

8 hours ago, poopybutt123 said:

😐 whatever u say dude 

This is not a place for you to act childish, my guy. Either clean up your act or you can see yourself out of this forum, by choice or not.

Unless you have actual proof other than hearsay that 9006 has been delivered, we'll take your word for it.

Otherwise, Seveneleven is 100% right on his assertion. It's currently not registered in the internal system, nor is it actually listed on Baisley Park's roster of buses.

Edited by Cait Sith