Attention Mods!!

Instead of lashing people out and locking threads, how bout you clean them up. (Deleting flaming. Editing posts. Combining things, etc.) No offense, just a suggestion.

Good idea. Also, please provide an EXPLANATION for every locked thread. (the last post of every locked thread should be by the locking admin or mod)

Merge and split are available in vB, and if they are not used already, they probably should be. However, short of threats that should not remain, I don't agree on editing posts. If a thread is locked, the reason for it should remain. I also forgive a mod not posting a reason for a lock if the reason is self-evident. I would assume a PM went to the offender, and leave it at that.

Instead of lashing people out and locking threads, how bout you clean them up. (Deleting flaming. Editing posts. Combining things, etc.) No offense, just a suggestion.

Very easy way to run people off of a forum, is to start editing & deleting ppl's posts without them even knowing it - That in itself actually adds to the drama, believe it or not.....

The posting of a reason/explanation as to why a thread is locked, yeah I used to do that on the forums I ran.... and received a bunch of BS PM's basically s***ting on my reasoning in the process too... Then it got to a point where I stopped locking threads outright, and just starting deleting them.....

The one thing I like about this forum is that threads (and especially, individual posts) aren't deleted on the fly.....

The posting of a reason/explanation as to why a thread is locked, yeah I used to do that on the forums I ran.... and received a bunch of BS PM's basically s***ting on my reasoning in the process too... Then it got to a point where I stopped locking threads outright, and just starting deleting them.....

Then make a rule saying that questioning a mod's reasoning is forbidden. If you want to appeal, PM Harry. He should get final say.

A better idea would be to start banning certain elements from the forum. I can think of a number of people who should be bounced out of here....

Good idea. Also, please provide an EXPLANATION for every locked thread. (the last post of every locked thread should be by the locking admin or mod)

Yeah, I'm getting tired of seeing a thread get locked every other day without an explanation.

Very easy way to run people off of a forum, is to start editing & deleting ppl's posts without them even knowing it - That in itself actually adds to the drama, believe it or not.....

The posting of a reason/explanation as to

I agree... Nothing would piss me off more than to see my thread edited if it changes what I was saying. Not very cool at all. However, I do think it would be nice to see an explanation given for the locking of some threads, although in some cases it is pretty obvious why, so it isn't always needed, but in any event it would be nice to not play the guessing game as to why a thread that seemed to be in no way offensive was just locked suddenly.

I agree... Nothing would piss me off more than to see my thread edited if it changes what I was saying. Not very cool at all. However, I do think it would be nice to see an explanation given for the locking of some threads, although in some cases it is pretty obvious why, so it isn't always needed, but in any event it would be nice to not play the guessing game as to why a thread that seemed to be in no way offensive was just locked suddenly.

What about deleting flaming.

What about deleting flaming.

I don't see a need to delete it. If anything just block the person from the thread. I was rather annoyed that my thread had to be locked the other day because certain people couldn't have a mature conversation about why the Bronx gets so much express bus service late at night. Good going. :mad: :tdown:

I don't see a need to delete it. If anything just block the person from the thread. I was rather annoyed that my thread had to be locked the other day because certain people couldn't have a mature conversation about why the Bronx gets so much express bus service late at night. Good going. :mad: :tdown:

You know I was wondering why that thread got locked I went to post and I saw closed. Kinda pissed me off.

I find it funny we made this thread and no mod or admin even decided to come up in here....

You know I was wondering why that thread got locked I went to post and I saw closed. Kinda pissed me off.

I find it funny we made this thread and no mod or admin even decided to come up in here....

Well after a certain "someone" started going crazy, it was evident that it would be locked. I said watch, when I see this thread tomorrow, it will be locked. Sure enough, I grabbed the laptop and checked this morning when I woke up and it was locked. :(

Okay let me say something about this thread. Cleaning up someone post(s) or thread is not a good idea your basically shutting down their freedom of speech regardless we like the person thread/post or not. Reason Mod(s) lash out and/or lock threads/posts is b/c a certain person(s) and/or people(s) come in and just ruin the thread with stupid ideas, don't know what they talking or just ruin the fun. Another reason threads/post get close is due to flaming (b/c of their foolishness) and over dramatic people. Even the fun threads for ruined b/c of the stupidity of some people.

No Mod(s) need to give an explanation on why the thread/post got closed and/or lock.....again who are you to question their authority???????? Its real self-explanatory on why it got closed/locked.

Some people on here love the drama and attention to themselves. Some people sit behind a computer all day making up dramatic bullshit instead of going outside for fresh air. Some people are acting like this is "their" forum and ratting out people b/c of a disagreement with another person(s). Enough is enough.

This is a forum we are hear to agree to disagree and sometimes that doesn't go accordingly. We are not here to question Harry, Zach, Dante or Shane's authority on why threads are closed, locked, removed...etc etc.

End of my 2 cents!

I agree that I've seen threads locked unnecessarily, even one of mine a few weeks ago. But ...

... anyway.

My suggestion: encourage "post watch" method for repeated offenders; this is where the mods will have to approve such and such posts before it actually "appears" publicly.

This forum is not SubChat - which is unmoderated.

Then make a rule saying that questioning a mod's reasoning is forbidden. If you want to appeal, PM Harry. He should get final say.

Sounds like a parent-child relationship.... Too much hand-holding.....

To be honest, I was waitin for that (and another thread, in the off topic section) thread to get closed....

I understand we go OT in discussions @ times, but that late night bx express thread was all over the place IMO.....

No Mod(s) need to give an explanation on why the thread/post got closed and/or lock.....again who are you to question their authority???????? Its real self-explanatory on why it got closed/locked.

That's how the original post/request read to me also....

When I'm on here, I worry about my posts themselves, and whoever's posts on here I'm reading (and/or replying to) at the time.....

Everything else that goes on behind the scenes regarding the functionality, etc., is nunya... lol....

remember back in the 90's.... you'd ask a kid a question, and they'd be like "nunya"... you there like, nunya?.... that kid then would be like, "yeah... nunya business" (may have a few interjections in between there too... lol)

Sounds like a parent-child relationship.... Too much hand-holding.....

Sound like a joke to me....he doesn't know what's he talking about. Another person "acting" this is "their" site. No one needs to PM Harry anything. Harry a sets of eyes of his own and can shut down a thread with a drop of a dime!

To be honest, I was waitin for that (and another thread, in the off topic section) thread to get closed....

That's how the original post/request read to me also....

When I'm on here, I worry about my posts themselves, and whoever's posts on here I'm reading (and/or replying to) at the time.....

Everything else that goes on behind the scenes regarding the functionality, etc., is nunya... lol....

remember back in the 90's.... you'd ask a kid a question, and they'd be like "nunya"... you there like, nunya?.... that kid then would be like, "yeah... nunya business" (may have a few interjections in between there too... lol)

LMAO....I worry about my post or the other post I'm quoting!

Well after a certain "someone" started going crazy, it was evident that it would be locked. I said watch, when I see this thread tomorrow, it will be locked. Sure enough, I grabbed the laptop and checked this morning when I woke up and it was locked. :(

Yeah I read threads and i see that username and another username who both will be un-named, I just skip over and replys to that post.

But what I don't like is when a civil thread is locked and a person with that power to lock starts a new one. Like the hell? It probably has to do with "competive railfan syndrome" as I say...

Oh please don't give me that shit....I am still pissed at these so called Mods and Admin's for the Disrespect us Professionals got in Bus bashing threads with Team leader jabroni .I didn't forget and those threads remained open as we were getting bashed so please do me a damn favor and do your damn jobs when it comes to Transit Employees getting bashed and disrespected from these wannabeezz in here playing F N simulator on the forum .

I want Action taken ASAP not 3 days later so your stupid views go up ok.....Don't test me cause I'll call you all out so let's be Member Focused and in the loop.

Aren't appealing and questioning the same thing, though? But I do agree that it should at least be open for discussion, at least if it isn't self-evident as to why it was closed. The mod can go whatever they want, ultimately, but sometimes there are things they may not have realized.

Well after a certain "someone" started going crazy, it was evident that it would be locked. I said watch, when I see this thread tomorrow, it will be locked. Sure enough, I grabbed the laptop and checked this morning when I woke up and it was locked. ;)

The problem is that people go overboard with their responses to him, and start saying things like "Oh, your posts are always stupid" and things like that. If you don't like an idea of his, and you don't have an actual reason for it, then just leave it alone. He keeps on giving ideas, many of which nobody likes, and we're going to have to accept that.

To me, I get more annoyed with the people who respond to him than with his actual posts themselves.

Look, threads aren't closed for no reason. Most of the time it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why it was locked. I am encouraging more thread banning instead of locking from now on.

No disrespect, but they keyword is "most of the time". I mean, there are threads where nothing is particularly wrong and they are locked out of nowhere.

To me, I get more annoyed with the people who respond to him than with his actual posts themselves.

Difference is, I don't like his ideas, and I tell him why its wrong.

Furthermore, you also respond to his posts, so what are you really sayin with this.....

Dfference is, I don't like his ideas, and I tell him why its wrong.

Furthermore, you also respond to his posts, so what are you really sayin with this.....

LOL... It's not even a question of dislike. The posts are just ridiculous! I mean really... It's like they're not even thought out. Sometimes you can't just help but respond because the posts lack common sense.

Archived