Rbo NYCTA/MTAB merge?

transit bx

i dunno, I just don't see Nassau bringing back lib. They told the mta to shove off in refusing to pay. I think the bus system should focus more on the 5 boroughs anyway.

Agreed... We have our own problems to deal with here and I think Nassau should be competent enough to deal with their own transit system.

Agreed... We have our own problems to deal with here and I think Nassau should be competent enough to deal with their own transit system.

But eventually, the MTA could expand beyond it's borders. Whatever happened to the plan of taking over SCT? If they do, it would not make any sense to jump from Queens to Suffolk without going through Nassau.

But eventually, the MTA could expand beyond it's borders. Whatever happened to the plan of taking over SCT? If they do, it would not make any sense to jump from Queens to Suffolk without going through Nassau.

Don't worry, it probably won't happen anyway....

One step closer to having Front End Ad's on MTAB buses.....To be honest some of those RTSs at JFK and LGA need their Front Ad's back...They look horrible. 

On a serious note, this is long over due. The money saved by streamlining and reducing deadheading is worth it alone. I would love to see where routes are transferred from/to....Already I can see the Q50 going to CS and Bx23 to GH while ECH becomes all Exp/Storage again. 

One step closer to having Front End Ad's on MTAB buses.....To be honest some of those RTSs at JFK and LGA need their Front Ad's back...They look horrible. 

On a serious note, this is long over due. The money saved by streamlining and reducing deadheading is worth it alone. I would love to see where routes are transferred from/to....Already I can see the Q50 going to CS and Bx23 to GH while ECH becomes all Exp/Storage again. 

Any particular reason why MTAB buses exclude front ads?

Also, when the time comes to transition, I can already forsee some problems in the preliminary.

IMHO all the buses should be labeled MTA New York City Bus. This is NYC not Nassau county etc. The front add issues is to keep NYCT/ MTAB seperate. is what I have understood.

Once upon a decade, the NYCTA and MABSTOA fleets had to be kept absolutely separate at all costs. Buses could never be moved between TA and OA depots. Transfers between TA and OA routes had to be paid (while transfers among some TA routes could be free). Then, all of a sudden, all that changed: the fleets could be swapped and free transfers were legal.

If the TA/OA barrier could be broken down, then the NYCT/MTAB barrier will fall at some future time.

Once upon a decade, the NYCTA and MABSTOA fleets had to be kept absolutely separate at all costs. Buses could never be moved between TA and OA depots. Transfers between TA and OA routes had to be paid (while transfers among some TA routes could be free). Then, all of a sudden, all that changed: the fleets could be swapped and free transfers were legal.

If the TA/OA barrier could be broken down, then the NYCT/MTAB barrier will fall at some future time.

That is kinda starting to happen now. Look at all the former TA RTS's and Orion Vs at bus company.

I never liked the current labelling of the MTA agencies.  IMO, it made more sense (and probably less confusing) back when the MTA was created.  All agencies under the MTA umbrella had the MTA's two-tone "M" and then was labeled with the particular agency name.  Granted you had buses and subway with NYCTA, buses with MABSTOA and buses with MSBA decals, but it was easy to see that it was simply a different agency under the MTA.  When I was growing up in the Bronx during the 1970s, even the TA/OA part was easy to understand once I learned about them.

Nowadays, you look at a subway car in which the decal reads "New York City Subway" which is part of MTA - NYCT, and of course a bus with New York City Bus that is also part of MTA NYCT.  Why not keep it simple and label subway cars and buses MTA - NYCT.  Just my two cents. 

I hope that they get rid of the even slight distinction with the MaBSTOA crap. Just make it MTA New York City Transit. Everybody has all the same damn status, civil service and everything. No legal or bureaucratic differences. The less paperwork and legalese, the better. They should've gotten the ball rolling on this the second they formed MTA Bus. Taking 13 years to finalize the complete integration of MTA Bus and NYCTA/MaBSTOA is a joke. They should've had it all be entirely one agency by 2010.

I serious think all of this merger this is taken as a joke. I mean come on its been 7 to 8 years since the MTA took over all the PBL's and they still have the 1980's era bus signs which were all gone in NYCT in 2004 and they still have a lot of distinguishable qualities. The MTA bus schedules don't have bus transfers and school trippers. The stops don't have guide a rides even though they are starting to get them now in 2012/2013. The Q25,Q6,Q8,Q60 got guide a ride boxes in June and they still have nothing in them so putting maps and schedules in the boxes is noticeably slower. I noticed on map websites like bing maps they lack MTA bus information. The MTA should be aware of these problems but still continues to do little to no progress in fixing it. I shouldn't be waiting for a bus in the cold for almost an hour and have no way of knowing if a bus was suppose to come or not. Come on (MTA) you can do better than that.

I serious think all of this merger this is taken as a joke. I mean come on its been 7 to 8 years since the MTA took over all the PBL's and they still have the 1980's era bus signs which were all gone in NYCT in 2004 and they still have a lot of distinguishable qualities. The MTA bus schedules don't have bus transfers and school trippers. The stops don't have guide a rides even though they are starting to get them now in 2012/2013. The Q25,Q6,Q8,Q60 got guide a ride boxes in June and they still have nothing in them so putting maps and schedules in the boxes is noticeably slower. I noticed on map websites like bing maps they lack MTA bus information. The MTA should be aware of these problems but still continues to do little to no progress in fixing it. I shouldn't be waiting for a bus in the cold for almost an hour and have no way of knowing if a bus was suppose to come or not. Come on (MTA) you can do better than that.

Actually, the Q111/Q113, the Q11/Q21, the Q22 and the Q52/Q53 schedules show the school trippers.

I hope that they get rid of the even slight distinction with the MaBSTOA crap. Just make it MTA New York City Transit. Everybody has all the same damn status, civil service and everything. No legal or bureaucratic differences. The less paperwork and legalese, the better. They should've gotten the ball rolling on this the second they formed MTA Bus. Taking 13 years to finalize the complete integration of MTA Bus and NYCTA/MaBSTOA is a joke. They should've had it all be entirely one agency by 2010.

That's the government bureaucracy mindset for you. 

Actually, the Q111/Q113, the Q11/Q21, the Q22 and the Q52/Q53 schedules show the school trippers.

Ok but what about the Q41,Q64 and so on. The MTA knows these mistakes and so on but they do nothing about it. By 2013 MTA bus should of had all the difference in the maps and schedule changed.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived