Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

i had the appointment for thursday 5th, because I got the letter late I showed up yesterday (monday 09th) not problem at all, i filled some forms, wait for hours, they check all the paperwork and the pre interview form (the one u received with the citation letter) and wait for 4 more hours for the drug test, spend since 7:30 to 4:30pm so for those guys who has to go there, be ready to wait.

FYI, if you missed your appointment, don't stress out, just call them up, explain the situation and they will tell you to go any other day of the same week.

For those who did the drug test already, how long takes to be called for the medical and to give the booklet back, thanks guys.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i had the appointment for thursday 5th, because I got the letter late I showed up yesterday (monday 09th) not problem at all, i filled some forms, wait for hours, they check all the paperwork and the pre interview form (the one u received with the citation letter) and wait for 4 more hours for the drug test, spend since 7:30 to 4:30pm so for those guys who has to go there, be ready to wait.

FYI, if you missed your appointment, don't stress out, just call them up, explain the situation and they will tell you to go any other day of the same week.

For those who did the drug test already, how long takes to be called for the medical and to give the booklet back, thanks guys.

I heard various times of calling you back for medical some guys months others weeks and another guy told me at 180 Livingston he got called back within 3 days I guess it al depends on there needs to fill up classes

Edited by Justin08

For ppl filling out the 21 page booklet how far are you going back on Education?? I.e High School or Middle and Elem??

Also Employment any1 not go to SS and just put down rough estimates on dates especially if you know the jobs since HS.

The girl at 180 Livingston said you dont need exact dates on Employment and Education just back to HS but I remember reading here awhile back ppl putting Elem School which I thought was overboard.

Thanks guys

Afternoon. I actually went to initial processing today, but I received a stupid summons which I wasn't arrested for but still have to go to court for. Unfortunately my court date isn't until October 29 and since I have a court date pending I can't move forward in the process. I'm trying to get my court date advanced but its not a for sure thing that I will be able to do it. Does anyone know how long the hiring process is?? Because if I can't get my court date advanced I won't have a disposition until after October 29, will the hiring process still be going on around that date? Thanks

hi there...

so...for all those who start on sept 30th class....

i think 1st payday on oct is the 10th..correct?....if that is true and they keep 1week in...are there going to be ANY paychecks on the 10th ( if they take out fingerprinting/taxes/dues...etc...might owe $$ to MTA !!!! LOL ) or they will push it ALL into next paycheck?

I took my D/T on 8/6 and im still waiting for the CALL list 1520s

I don't know what order or criteria they are following to call people I have list# 1490's and i took the Drug Test on 09/05/13...still waiting, but just 10 days passed.

Edited by urraca

I don't know what order or criteria they are following to call people I have list# 1490's and i took the Drug Test on 09/05/13...still waiting, but just 10 days passed.

Im going on a limb and say the Sept 30 class is full and hopefully theres a Oct Class. I took my D/T on 9/6 and havnt heard back yet but if theres a Oct Class we should hear something next few weeks.

Now you got them started with night diff lol!

Well since someone is going to ask here is the breakdown for T/O.

Dollar Amt     Night Diff

Yard Rate --------: $30.0375      $1.4090

Top Yard Rate --: $30.6225      $1.4365

Rev Rate ---------: $31.2325      $1.4648

Top Rev Rate----: $31.8725      $1.4949

There you go. All the numbers with night diff included.

Now you got them started with night diff lol!

Well since someone is going to ask here is the breakdown for T/O.

Dollar Amt     Night Diff

Yard Rate --------: $30.0375      $1.4090

Top Yard Rate --: $30.6225      $1.4365

Rev Rate ---------: $31.2325      $1.4648

Top Rev Rate----: $31.8725      $1.4949

There you go. All the numbers with night diff included.

Thanks RTOPRO for the info