Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kevinetics" data-cid="639094" data-time="1359592930"><p>

Not to hijack this thread but how is the parking, in general, around the all locations where training is held? Just wondering because after making it past processing, I want to know if I have to take the subway or drive.</p></blockquote>

Parking is ok at most locations in the A division, not sure about the B. One thing to keep in mind tho is that if you're late due to traffic, an accident or anything to do with your car, that will be all on you and there is no tolerance for that. Now if you're late because of train trouble, bring them the number of the train car you're in and if it checks out that the train was really delayed, you will.be excused

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kevinetics" data-cid="639094" data-time="1359592930"><p>

Not to hijack this thread but how is the parking, in general, around the all locations where training is held? Just wondering because after making it past processing, I want to know if I have to take the subway or drive.</p></blockquote>

Parking is ok at most locations in the A division, not sure about the B. One thing to keep in mind tho is that if you're late due to traffic, an accident or anything to do with your car, that will be all on you and there is no tolerance for that. Now if you're late because of train trouble, bring them the number of the train car you're in and if it checks out that the train was really delayed, you will.be excused

Do you guys know how to quote someone elses post?

It's annoying they wouldn't just tell us we needed that up front. A half day spent at the ss office could have been done prior. Try remembering supervisors, jobs and dates from 20 years ago....It was cool though. You get to experience & see the process first hand. As opposed to reading about it on the forums.

Hi Kevinetics: welcome to the forum, and congrats on starting the process. If possible share any insights during the process, in particular your list range. Best wishes ...

It's annoying they wouldn't just tell us we needed that up front. A half day spent at the ss office could have been done prior. Try remembering supervisors, jobs and dates from 20 years ago....It was cool though. You get to experience & see the process first hand. As opposed to reading about it on the forums.

Yep a process that most here went through!

list range 550-600. going for medical and interview 2/8/13. so quick. i thought it would be a few weeks.
If you don't mind me asking, what day did you go in for your drug test?

list range 550-600. going for medical and interview 2/8/13. so quick. i thought it would be a few weeks.
Forget that question - just went back to your other post. I was there yesterday too.

Wow congrats to those that have made it in, the list seems to be zipping along from when I last checked 3 months ago.

My list # is 1100. Any guessestimates if and when I may be called? I'm assuming probably early 2014 if they continue to hire...

I also heard from my TSS yesterday that there will be another class of 40 T/O's starting the end of February and another class of 40 starting in March. That is all they know about so far for this year. There may be a slow down after that, they will still be hiring just not as frequently. So make sure you have all your ducks in a row if your looking to get into one of these next 2 classes. Anyway my class only has about a month and a week left. Only thing left to do is road posting and final exam. We started with 10 and are down to 7. Good luck to you all.

what happened to your 3 classmates ?

@Dan

110X so I've got some time, but it's moving faster than expected while the conductor one has hit a brick wall

Its gettiing close I'm in the 12's, you might be getting called for this instead of conductor. Better anyway better paying and a better job. Conductors get looked down on while train ops are the respected ones.