Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its gettiing close I'm in the 12's, you might be getting called for this instead of conductor. Better anyway better paying and a better job. Conductors get looked down on while train ops are the respected ones.

In my opinion both jobs are difficult - Conductors have it a little harder when it comes to dealing with the public. Too many nasty folks out there that taunt and spit on someone just trying to earn a living and serve the public. All done while keeping a level head so as to not get written up or terminated. With the added bonus of less pay.

I was hoping to do a little of both. I reallllllly want that hat and a chance to work the middle, even if for just a week. But my ultimate goal is stripey. By completing schoolcar I will actually be able to say I reached my lifetime career goal of operating a passenger train in customer service. It's almost unreal that it is so close to happening.

In my opinion both jobs are difficult - Conductors have it a little harder when it comes to dealing with the public. Too many nasty folks out there that taunt and spit on someone just trying to earn a living and serve the public. All done while keeping a level head so as to not get written up or terminated. With the added bonus of less pay.

Yes you are correct. its not easy as easy as it looks, you deal with some of the nastiest public who look at you like you owe them money, eyes always on you especially with supervision because of knuckleheads F'n up the job ect ect. & all this for a pennies. I look at my paycheck after 2 weeks I want to cry.

No  i dont think that's it,they just got the time and most are tired of the Bull Crap...
Just went for urine test on Feb 1st and now hard at work filling out the 21 page booklet as quickly as I can.

My list number is between 640-660.

Hey am 67x and didn't receive any letters for the drugtest. Anyone confirm whats the highest list number called for drug testing?

List # 6XX here. I went in for a urine test and a 20 page booklet.  What's next
List # 6XX here. I went in for a urine test and a 20 page booklet.  What's next ?
hi am 67x . No letter for drugtest yet. Can you be more specific with list #?

Just went for urine test on Feb 1st and now hard at work filling out the 21 page booklet as quickly as I can.

My list number is between 640-660.

Strange . I spoke with liaison, lady said upto list # 530 came in for Drugtest. Lady was from liaison.

I heard someone around 800 went in earlier in this thread.

HI Urbanfortititude: is it possible to give an approximate time stamp for that posting, otherwise as per my notes the latest list # range for DT is btw 640-660 as of 4:15pm - 2/04/2013. If I'm wrong someone please reply back.

Can anyone confirm the highest list number that was called for drug testing. Am 67x and didn't receive a letter for drug testing yet. Any insight will be appreciated.

HI vic70: as per my notes the latest list # range for DT is btw 640-660. I think you need to get ready ... start researching this thread since many questions about the whole process have been answered already...

HI Urbanfortititude: is it possible to give an approximate time stamp for that posting, otherwise as per my notes the latest list # range for DT is btw 640-660 as of 4:15pm - 2/04/2013. If I'm wrong someone please reply back.

What notes are you taking? are you waiting to be called from this exam? Your actions are very suspect.

Correct - I am waiting to be called, and I believe I have stated on this site my list # range is low 900's. As per my notes, I check off list#'s and ranges using the pdf which I downloaded from the Chief.

Please explain how my actions are suspect when I'm using public and freely shared information; then reorganizing it and reposting for other's "FYI"?

Does anyone else have a better method other than calling DCAS or MTA HR? Please advise...

I'm listed between 580-600 and I went in for the DT 1/31. Someone else mentioned (List 550-600) that they received a call to come in for Medical processing the day after their DT. IMO, there's nothing "suspect" about taking notes in regards to when forum members go in for DT's and Medical processing. All that does is prevent someone from having to comb through 70+ pages to answer a question that has probably already been asked an answered.

Correct - I am waiting to be called, and I believe I have stated on this site my list # range is low 900's. As per my notes, I check off list#'s and ranges using the pdf which I downloaded from the Chief.

Please explain how my actions are suspect when I'm using public and freely shared information; then reorganizing it and reposting for other's "FYI"?

Does anyone else have a better method other than calling DCAS or MTA HR? Please advise...

Your actions, questions seem suspect because it looks like your looking for something other that your list # to come up. Actually it looks like your working at MTA and reading all our post.

I'm listed between 580-600 and I went in for the DT 1/31. Someone else mentioned (List 550-600) that they received a call to come in for Medical processing the day after their DT. IMO, there's nothing "suspect" about taking notes in regards to when forum members go in for DT's and Medical processing. All that does is prevent someone from having to comb through 70+ pages to answer a question that has probably already been asked an answered.

Everyone whose on here waiting is getting called putting up there list # range and keeping the topic up to date. Its suspect when he's asking everyone who post here thats on the list what their list # is. Read all his post and you will see what I'm reffering to.