Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Not true. You have to proof your eligibility to work in USA. A us birth certificate, a us passport, a green card and a ss card. If you don't have either one they can send you home. It happened to someone ibfront of me. Just giving advice, you can always bring whatever you like.

I'm sorry if I read it improperly but I was going by what you typed. Right there it says US Birth Certificate, US Passport, Green Card and a SS Card. Then it says if you don't have either one they can send you home. If it's exactly as I read then two of those will never be required together because one will always cancel the other out. A US Birth Certificate negates the need for Green Card always.

Plus a Valid State ID negates the need for a US Passport and they will not require the passport as long as you have the valid state ID/Driver's License.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smooth, go back to 180 and go to the left of where you gave in your docs the first time and get blanks. Make as many copies of those blanks as you need to to get your history right. That will suffice. I had to do 20 years of work history so don't feel bad.

Question: How did you get your social security printout in a couple days? It usually takes 4 months...

I was told by a friend that it would take months but then I was informed by someone on this forum that you can get it immediately if you go to a social security office in person. I went in person, paid the fee with a check (they accept money orders as well) and I received mine on the spot.

Smooth, go back to 180 and go to the left of where you gave in your docs the first time and get blanks. Make as many copies of those blanks as you need to to get your history right. That will suffice. I had to do 20 years of work history so don't feel bad.

By blanks do you mean blanks of the employment docs for the 21 page packet or blanks of the pre-employment docs that I gave in the first time?

One more question... For the 21 page packet; can I just make copies of the employment pages myself if necessary or are the blanks that you get from 180 Livingston different from the ones in the packet?

I just got my work history printout from the SS office and now I have another concern...smh

On the pre-employment application that I submitted on the day of my drug test, I filled out the 10 year work history section and I thought it was accurate but upon looking at my printout from the Social Security office I'm realizing that the some of the dates that are put down are close but not 100 percent accurate. I'm concerned that this might be an issue.

For the 21 page packet I now have all the information I need to make sure that my work history is 100 percent accurate but what should I do about the discrepancies on my pre-employment application? Is there a department that I should call to correct the discrepancies on my pre-employment app? Am I ok as long as everything on my 21 page packet is accurate?

I'm not sure what I should do...

As long as you're close to the dates you're fine. Just don't miss listing any jobs. Take your printout with you and explain to the interviewer that you weren't 100% sure of the dates on the pre-employment application. She/he will verify your dates with you and you need to be ready to explain and verify if you had any gaps in employments.

I called Liason line and asked them about missing work history and reasons for leaving, the person was nice to explain to me it will not be a problem when I go to medical. I asked her if the changes will affect my hiring if the investigator thinks I lied on the preemployment form, she told me the 21 page form is the most important one.

I called Liason line and asked them about missing work history and reasons for leaving, the person was nice to explain to me it will not be a problem when I go to medical. I asked her if the changes will affect my hiring if the investigator thinks I lied on the preemployment form, she told me the 21 page form is the most important one.

Went for medical today. Am in April 29th class. #67X. Good luck to all trying. Word of advice, would help if your private doctor gives you an ekg and a complete physical before going on for MTA medical. And walk with results from your doctor, especially the print out of EKG......it helped me today. GL all.

One more question... For the 21 page packet; can I just make copies of the employment pages myself if necessary or are the blanks that you get from 180 Livingston different from the ones in the packet?

DO NOT copy ANYTHING in that booklet without express permission from 180. If all else fails, go get copies.

Congrats to everyone that made it into the 4/29 class!!!

Active Listening-Studying-Retention-Operation according to rule and you will have no issues.

DO NOT copy ANYTHING in that booklet without express permission from 180. If all else fails, go get copies.

Congrats to everyone that made it into the 4/29 class!!!

Active Listening-Studying-Retention-Operation according to rule and you will have no issues.

Definitely what Kevinetics said...dont copy or remove any pages from that 21 page booklet. They have copies of work/education history pages at 180 that you can hand in and they'll attach for you. Good luck everyone!!!

hi all

please someone tell me the phone # at Livingston

And also does anyone know : i lost the 1st letter they sent ( the one with the list # on it )....i know the # but they ask to bring the letter with you when you go down to Livingstone the 1st time for DT....so....what now???? can I get a copy anywhere? 

I took the drug test on Thursday April 11th....I am still waiting to hear back from them.....

Anyone experience a long wait ?  :(

(I noticed some here took the drug test and were called in for the medical/interview and sworn in - all within the same week)     

I would like to know at some point after handing in your 21 page booklet are you ever advised that your employment history and background have been verified and that everything checks out, or is it no news is good news. Also about how long does the verification process take?

I took the drug test on Thursday April 11th....I am still waiting to hear back from them.....

Anyone experience a long wait ? :(

(I noticed some here took the drug test and were called in for the medical/interview and sworn in - all within the same week)

Definently not gonna be called in the same week of initial drug test, expect to wait a month or two

Edited by Banks1346

(I noticed some here took the drug test and were called in for the medical/interview and sworn in - all within the same week)

Wordbeetle what's your list # ? Are you like 62X?

I would say like around two weeks or so?

So like April 25.

I would like to know at some point after handing in your 21 page booklet are you ever advised that your employment history and background have been verified and that everything checks out, or is it no news is good news. Also about how long does the verification process take?

No news is good news. If something doesn't check out, they will call you in for it. Allegedly people have been called in and fired for lying on the packet months after being hired.