Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Buddy, you are going to get called I don't know why you are worried. It won't be this year. Perhaps the end of 2014. This list will expire on Sept. 19, 2016. So it has plenty of life left. People in the 3,000's will most likely make it too. Remember with Motorman retiring and being promoted mainly there will always be availability.

Thanks for the reply Trainman:

You made my day, I thought that I could be in the running but, It's nice to hear that the general consensus is my range 2200's is going to be eventually tapped shot at doing a dream job. Did not want to be too optimistic and get my heart broke. What child has never wanted to be a train operator.

By the way congratulations to all the people who have recently been contacted to report.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buddy, you are going to get called I don't know why you are worried. It won't be this year. Perhaps the end of 2014. This list will expire on Sept. 19, 2016. So it has plenty of life left. People in the 3,000's will most likely make it too. Remember with Motorman retiring and being promoted mainly there will always be availability.

Good chance they will be in the 1000s before the year is out...

It looks like the Blitz that was when i started in 2001. More are leaving too another 100 before the year is out i heard.

I can see them running through this list.

It's best to get there between 6:45a and 7:00a. The day of my drug test I arrived 7:05a and was out by 11:00a. As opposed to some of the folks that got there close to 7:30. Some of them were still waiting to go back to give a sample. Keep in mind that other lists are active and current MTA Employees report to 180 Livingston for medical testing as well. Good luck all! :-)

It's best to get there between 6:45a and 7:00a. The day of my drug test I arrived 7:05a and was out by 11:00a. As opposed to some of the folks that got there close to 7:30. Some of them were still waiting to go back to give a sample. Keep in mind that other lists are active and current MTA Employees report to 180 Livingston for medical testing as well. Good luck all! :-)

BxGrl are you n training ?

BX, who are your TSS's?

Hey Kevin - We just found out Friday (but haven't met them yet). Jones & Moran. All of the TSS's we've met so far have been great and informative. No one sugar-coated anything. Pretty much told us what to expect and kept things interesting. Our last two were Hill & Shah - Shah had us laughing right up till we were released Friday.

Edited by BX Girl

I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned, but just in case....In my opinion, with all of the upcoming T/O retirements combined with the recent TSS test (a promo exam for T/O's) the MTA will be putting 8098 list to good use. Good luck all!!

Hey Kevin - We just found out Friday (but haven't met them yet). Jones & Moran. All of the TSS's we've met so far have been great and informative. No one sugar-coated anything. Pretty much told us what to expect and kept things interesting. Our last two were Hill & Shah - Shah had us laughing right up till we were released Friday.

Moran is a great man. Your in good hands . Dedicated MTA instructor. You are good to go. GL

I haven't met Moran but Jones is hella cool.

BX, who are your TSS's?

you got a couple of great instructors. You should do just fine. Best of luck to you, remember get your rest, pay attention and read that rule book. The one piece of constant advice that i have gotten, know your job!

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Good chance they will be in the 1000s before the year is out...

It looks like the Blitz that was when i started in 2001. More are leaving too another 100 before the year is out i heard.

I can see them running through this list.

Music to my ears...

Well I got my letter yesterday report 5/10.  List 71X.  I have a question. 

I know everyone says the first visit is drug test only.  Then 2nd time is medical/hearing/ekg.  However:

My letter states :  "Pre interview and medical examination, which will include baseline audiometric (hearing) testing.  Photographic Identification and social security card are required for pre-employment medical examination."

So, my question is, do they just say that and you get just the drug test, or did something change?  Just curious.  I also just realized that although I never needed glasses to drive, (20/30 vision), I'm guessing this eye exam is deeper than DMV and should probably get glasses just in case, am I correct on that hunch?

Thanks and good luck to all who have to report.

Well I got my letter yesterday report 5/10.  List 71X.  I have a question. 

I know everyone says the first visit is drug test only.  Then 2nd time is medical/hearing/ekg.  However:

My letter states :  "Pre interview and medical examination, which will include baseline audiometric (hearing) testing.  Photographic Identification and social security card are required for pre-employment medical examination."

So, my question is, do they just say that and you get just the drug test, or did something change?  Just curious.  I also just realized that although I never needed glasses to drive, (20/30 vision), I'm guessing this eye exam is deeper than DMV and should probably get glasses just in case, am I correct on that hunch?

Thanks and good luck to all who have to report.

mine said that to when i went back in jan. just a dt and they eye exam isn't to indepth. They have passing marks not sure when glasses are needed though.