FASTRACK Subway Repair Discussion

6 Lexington Ave

More Details on the Planned Closures for 2013:

- (N)(Q)(R) [broadway BMT] From LIC to Downtown Brooklyn.

No Bus Replacement Needed.

- (A) [Washington Heights IND] from 168th to 207th Sts.

Minimal Bus Coverage Required.

- (D) [Grand Concource IND] from 161st to 205th Sts.

Minimal Bus Coverage Required.

- (E)(F)(M)(R) [inner Queens IND] from Roosevelt Ave. to Court Square.

Bus Coverage Required.

- (4)(5)(6) [Lexington Ave. IRT] from 45th to 100th Sts.

Bus Coverage Required [Local ONLY],

Source: Greg Mocker /// Twitter.

https://twitter.com/...5/photo/1/large

What bus coverage is required for the (A)(D) closures? Just use the (1)(4) or other local bus routes that run in the area instead.

Queens Blvd??? That will be a nightmare!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What bus coverage is required for the (A)(D) closures? Just use the (1)(4) or other local bus routes that run in the area instead.

For the (D), the Bx1 and Bx2 bus doesn't run overnight (from 1-4AM), so Shuttle Busses would be in place during FASTRACK.

For the (A), the M4, Bx7 and M100 doesn't run overnight (from 1-4AM), so Shuttle Busses would be in place during FASTRACK.

And QBL would be a nightmare, but I guess busses would be out in full effect.

Edited by KeystoneRegional

Likely for the (D)'s coverage would be using the (4) train for 161st to Bedford Park. With Shuttle Bus Service from 205th to Bedford Park.

And the (1) as an alternative? Lol nope! Thats wayyyy to far man.

And the Bx1 / Bx2 do not run overnight as stated above.

Next years is gonna be interesting!

QBL will be nightmare. There no detours to used in that area. It seem this is the only stretch that always managed to have train running in both direction but not in shutdown similarity. I don't think anyone ever heard of shutdown on this stretch except during the weather problems. Just delayed is all I heard.

- (4)(5)(6) [Lexington Ave. IRT] from 45th to 100th Sts...... lol

actual stations :blink: or sections....

Yeah I found that funny too. Sections im sure (42nd to 125th Street). No alternatives except the buses (From 59th to 125).

Of course, all this is subject to change.

QBL will be nightmare. There no detours to used in that area. It seem this is the only stretch that always managed to have train running in both direction but not in shutdown similarity. I don't think anyone ever heard of shutdown on this stretch except during the weather problems. Just delayed is all I heard.

There will be full shuttle bussing for FASTRACK on the QBL, it's pretty much certain, 100%. Nightmare indeed, but what can you do, ya know...

Yeah I found that funny too. Sections im sure (42nd to 125th Street). No alternatives except the buses (From 59th to 125).

Of course, all this is subject to change.

Not funny at all, it's all based on logic.

The Lex FASTRACK will be done in two phases apparently: phase 1 simply involves ending express service early, phase 2 involves running everything express with buses making local stops.

At least that's what I can tell.

Guest Lance

Probably the work sections. Remember that between 45th Street and 100th Street, the Lexington Avenue line is bi-leveled. 103 and 110 Sts are the usual four-track across setup.

By looking at this TwitterPic on the 2013 FASTRACK corridor, I've decided to give out my opinions on 5 FASTRACK projects and hopefully we might have an understanding about this for quite a while.

1. (N)(Q)(R) corridor - I'm glad that the MTA have decided to do this line between Queensboro Plaza or Queens Plaza, Queens and Atlantic Av-Barclays Center, Brooklyn, and I hope they read my comment on

this corridor I made a short time ago. There might be some tunnel lighting improvements, track cleaning, signal restructuring, and track switch installation north of 14th St-Union Square.

2. (A) corridor - On this uptown Manhattan corridor, I'm positive that the (C) Train service might end early (last train to Euclid Av leaves 168th St at 9:32 PM and last train to 168th St leaves Euclid Av at 8:54 PM). Also, the last two downtown (A) trains might leave Inwood-207th St at 9:44 PM (Far Rockaway-bound), and 9:56 PM (Ozone Park-bound), which means the final three uptown trains would make their arrival on Inwood-207th St at 9:35 PM (from Ozone Park), 9:46 PM (from Far Rockaway), and 9:56 PM (from Ozone Park). Trains will also start running local between 168th St, Manhattan and Euclid Av, Brooklyn in both directions at 9:00 PM (from Euclid Av) and 9:41 PM (from 168th St).

3. (D) corridor - FASTRACK in The Bronx, what are the odds on that? For this one, the (B) line will end early (last train to Brighton Beach leaves 145th St at 9:56 PM and last train to 145th St leaves Brighton Beach at 8:49 PM). (D) Trains are likely to end at 145th St instead of 161st St-Yankee Stadium, maybe because of platform renovations, track cleaning, reinstalling track switches south of Fordham Road, and hopefully part of the never-been-planned (D) Line extension along Burke Av.

4. (E)(F)(M)(R) corridor - Either the (E) and (F) run local, or the (M) and (R) run express. Only time will tell.

5. (4)(5)(6) corridor - They're both the same, but the planning might be different than this year. (4) Trains will run in 2 sections: 1. Between Woodlawn and 125th St. 2. Between Grand Central-42nd St and New Lots Av (trains start running local). (5) Train service will end early (last train to Bowling Green leaves Eastchester-Dyre Av at 9:08 PM and last train to Eastchester-Dyre Av leaves Bowling Green at 9:35 PM). (6) Trains will also run in 2 sections: 1. Between Pelham Bay Park and 125th St. 2. Between Grand Central-42nd St and Crown Heights-Utica Av.

By looking at this TwitterPic on the 2013 FASTRACK corridor, I've decided to give out my opinions on 5 FASTRACK projects and hopefully we might have an understanding about this for quite a while.

1. (N)(Q)(R) corridor - I'm glad that the MTA have decided to do this line between Queensboro Plaza or Queens Plaza, Queens and Atlantic Av-Barclays Center, Brooklyn, and I hope they read my comment on

this corridor I made a short time ago. There might be some tunnel lighting improvements, track cleaning, signal restructuring, and track switch installation north of 14th St-Union Square.

2. (A) corridor - On this uptown Manhattan corridor, I'm positive that the (C) Train service might end early (last train to Euclid Av leaves 168th St at 9:32 PM and last train to 168th St leaves Euclid Av at 8:54 PM). Also, the last two downtown (A) trains might leave Inwood-207th St at 9:44 PM (Far Rockaway-bound), and 9:56 PM (Ozone Park-bound), which means the final three uptown trains would make their arrival on Inwood-207th St at 9:35 PM (from Ozone Park), 9:46 PM (from Far Rockaway), and 9:56 PM (from Ozone Park). Trains will also start running local between 168th St, Manhattan and Euclid Av, Brooklyn in both directions at 9:00 PM (from Euclid Av) and 9:41 PM (from 168th St).

3. (D) corridor - FASTRACK in The Bronx, what are the odds on that? For this one, the (B) line will end early (last train to Brighton Beach leaves 145th St at 9:56 PM and last train to 145th St leaves Brighton Beach at 8:49 PM). (D) Trains are likely to end at 145th St instead of 161st St-Yankee Stadium, maybe because of platform renovations, track cleaning, reinstalling track switches south of Fordham Road, and hopefully part of the never-been-planned (D) Line extension along Burke Av.

4. (E)(F)(M)(R) corridor - Either the (E) and (F) run local, or the (M) and (R) run express. Only time will tell.

5. (4)(5)(6) corridor - They're both the same, but the planning might be different than this year. (4) Trains will run in 2 sections: 1. Between Woodlawn and 125th St. 2. Between Grand Central-42nd St and New Lots Av (trains start running local). (5) Train service will end early (last train to Bowling Green leaves Eastchester-Dyre Av at 9:08 PM and last train to Eastchester-Dyre Av leaves Bowling Green at 9:35 PM). (6) Trains will also run in 2 sections: 1. Between Pelham Bay Park and 125th St. 2. Between Grand Central-42nd St and Crown Heights-Utica Av.

1, 168st can handle the both services.

2, You are seriously suggesting to turn the D at 145st. Concourse riders will be mad and have a lot of minutes added to the commute. Making the D run to 161st provides the connection to the 4 for uptown service. B sevice runs normal since it dosen't go past 145st.

3, For the Queen blvd line the Fshould run local and the E should run express to Rossevelt Av. F should go to 21st and the E should go to Court Square. M and R shutlle service takes place too.

4, The Lexingtion Av between 45st and 100st is bi leveled with local on upper and express on lower. If they want to shut down the upper level trains will run on the lower level. Workers can work non stop in the upper level because no train interruptions. This also the same way when the lower level is out trains run on the upper level. One level can handle all lexingtion av service. .

They're going to install a new switch there for real? Why?

And are they really doing that much of the whole line? (All the way to Atlantic?)

I really doubt the (D) will get cut to 145th. You can easily relay trains out of 161st, just have it skip 155th. The (D) can still go to 161st and connect with the (4) for those needing to go up. Connect with a Shuttle Bus at Bedford for 205th Street service. 145th does make sense, but a bad choice. This will crowd up the Bx19, if no shuttle bus is provided.

4. (E)(F)(M) ® corridor - Either the (E) and (F) run local, or the (M) and ® run express. Only time will tell.

They mentioned shuttle buses will replace it. Likely the (7) would be an alternative to get 74th Street and connect with a Jamaica Center and 179th (E)(F) shuttle trains.

This makes sense, use the Lexington / 3rd Avenue Buses, and your good.

Edited by mark1447

1. (N)(Q)(R) corridor - *Read Above.

2. (A) corridor - *Read Above.

3. [D] corridor - *Read Above.

4. (E)[F] [M] (R) corridor - Either the (E) and [F] Line run local, or the [M] Line and (R) run express. Only time will tell.

5. (4)(5)(6) corridor - *Read Above

*Removed Because of Emoticon Limits.

(N)(Q)(R) - Definitely agreed.

(A)/[D] - Pretty much will happen like that or the [D] Line ends at 161st for the sake of riders and cutting shuttle bus distance.

(E)[F] [M] (R) - Complete sectional shut down, don't think running another service on the line would suggest it is really FASTRACK, since it already happens on some weekends. What I think will happen is there will be a Express Shuttle Bus and a Local Shuttle Bus overnight, and the line will completely shut down, with [F] Line Service ending at 21st St. - Queensbridge, (R) Service ending at 57th St. - 7th Ave. until it does the 4th Ave. Shuttle, [M] Line Service will end early, (E) Service will stop at Queens Plaza.

(4)(5)(6) - Definitely agreed.

Why would they even need to have an Upper Lex Express FASTRACK? There's no Lex express service at night anyway, they could do the work there. The tracks are on a separate level, so no flagging required.

Well, perhaps painting the station and doing complete washing and work that might be hazardous to passenger's health, from the looks of photos from Flickr some work require complete station and line closures.

As far as the Lexington Avenue FASTRACK goes, I see it going in two phases:

1: Lower level tracks closed. (4)(6) run local on the upper level, (5) ends early.

2: Upper level tracks closed. (4)(6) run express on the lower level, and the (5) also ends early. Also, shuttle bus service and/or additional M101/102/103 service would be provided for local stations since they would be bypassed in both directions.

They're better off doing it like this because it would end up being "all hands on deck" with the shuttle buses if the entire Upper Lex line closed down for the night, and would probably eat up the savings from shutting the whole line down.

As far as the Lexington Avenue FASTRACK goes, I see it going in two phases:

1: Lower level tracks closed. (4)(6) run local on the upper level, (5) ends early.

2: Upper level tracks closed. (4)(6) run express on the lower level, and the (5) also ends early. Also, shuttle bus service and/or additional M101/102/103 service would be provided for local stations since they would be bypassed in both directions.

They're better off doing it like this because it would end up being "all hands on deck" with the shuttle buses if the entire Upper Lex line closed down for the night, and would probably eat up the savings from shutting the whole line down.

Im really sure the line will shut down from 125th to GCT. The MTA has mentioned many times that FASTRACK G/Os will close a portion of the line. The 6th Avenue Fastrack is SOMEWHAT like the Lexington Avenue line, with the Express tracks not connected to the Local track, from 34th to West 4th, and even that the line got shut down. Even if they can work on the upper level, while trains are on the express track, it ill still interfere with work. 110th / 103rd the express tracks are lined up with the Local.

For your 1st phase, it doesn't make much sense, since after like 1AM (when no more (4)s are running express), the express tracks are cleared up. Pretty much work can be done, even after the (4) is done with EXP. But like I said above, I'm sure the line will shut down, requiring people to use MABSTOA bus routes.

Edited by mark1447

As for the FASTRACK, hope the new ones work well, and they send out some Artics for the Queens Blvd. and Lex Ave. closures...

Link to that FASTRACK poster yall seen from KEYR.

http://mta.info/mta/...Track120521.pdf

PDF from the MTA.

It's rather a photo of a page of the document by Greg Mocker of Pix11 News via my post, call me KS, lol!

Edited by KeystoneRegional

• 2 weeks later...

391 hour GO:

D.png No trains between Bay Pkwy and Stillwell Av

shuttle_bus.png Free shuttle buses provide alternate service

All times, 10 PM Fri, Jul 6 to 5 AM Mon, Jul 23

D.png service operates between 205 St, Bronx and Bay Pkwy, Brooklyn.

shuttle_bus.png shuttle buses run in both directions between Bay Pkwy and Stillwell Av,

making stops at 25 Av and Bay 50 St.

Note: No D.png trains between 62 St and Stillwell Av on Saturdays and Sundays, 9 AM to 8 PM.

Edited by Amtrak7

• 3 weeks later...