FASTRACK Subway Repair Discussion

6 Lexington Ave

Here are the upcoming dates (As per a G/O. photo of a poster I saw from a friend)

IRT 7th Avenue:

(34th-Atlantic)

April 9-13, June 25-29, October 15-19

IRT Lexington Avenue:

(42nd-Atlantic)

June 11-15, Sept. 3-7, November 5-9

IND 6th Avenue:

(59th-W4th)

May: 14-18, July: 23-27, Sept. 24-28

IND 8th Avenue:

(59th-WTC & Jay)

April 23-27, July 9-13, October 22-26

Edited by mark1447

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The idea with the FASTRACK work is to get it done quicker, and safer instead of "piecemeal" jobs throughout the weekends and overnight hours with full flagging. For the rider as far as service quality, it means less weekend and overnight flagging (there's still some overnight flagging as catchup with all the lack of maintenance will take awile, but I expect a difference in the amount of flagging overnights/weekends eventually). Right now, they want to properly light the tunnels (one of the more noticable features), as some places are completely dark, while others are using inefficient incandescent bulbs. The 8Av and 6Av river tubes are now ablaze in light, and I assume the Lex and 7Av are as well.

Guest Lance

As part of the ongoing FasTrack project, from April 7th to the 16th, there will be no Manhattan-bound E- or F-line service at Sutphin Blvd (Hillside only), Briarwood-Van Wyck Blvd and 75 Av. Manhattan-bound trains will run express between Parsons Blvd or Jamaica-Van Wyck and Forest Hills-71 Av at all times during this service change.

As part of the ongoing FasTrack project, from April 7th to the 16th, there will be no Manhattan-bound E- or F-line service at Sutphin Blvd (Hillside only), Briarwood-Van Wyck Blvd and 75 Av. Manhattan-bound trains will run express between Parsons Blvd or Jamaica-Van Wyck and Forest Hills-71 Av at all times during this service change.

This is not a Fastrack G/O as the (MTA) never mention Fastrack. Thats just a standard G/O.

And what reason is this being done?

Edited by Harry

E.png No Manhattan-bound service at Briarwood-Van Wyck Blvd and 75 Av

Weeknights & Weekends, 12:01 AM Sat, Apr 7 to 5 AM Mon, Apr 16

For service from these stations, take the E.png* or F.png to Union Tpke or the E.png* to Jamaica-Van Wyck

and transfer to a Manhattan-bound E.png.

For service to these stations, take the E.png to Union Tpke or 71 Av and transfer to a

Jamaica Center-bound E.png* or Jamaica-bound F.png.

*Jamaica Center-bound E.png service is not available at these stations Mon to Fri, 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM.

Note: Manhattan-bound F.png trains also skip these stations during this time.

Guest Lance

This is not a Fastrack G/O as the (MTA) never mention Fastrack. Thats just a standard G/O.

And what reason is this being done?

I dropped it in the FASTRACK thread because the MTA clumped it together with the usual FASTRACK reroutes in its committee presentation last November.

http://www.mta.info/...osure111114.pdf - go to page 13 in the .pdf file.

that's not a Fastrack the whole QBL or the Hillside Line would not be in service at all.

b4 any1 asks: why did the Broadway Line not get a FASTRACK?

Answer 1: All the station are already renovated and in good shape

Answer 2: almost every weekend theres a G/O

Answer 3: other Line Structure are in good shape from G/Os and also the lighting(CFLs) is at its best.

there you go DO NOT ASK why the Broadway Line did not get a FASTRACK Because that answers it.

They need 5 car markers on the Eastern Div. (Nassau) for that. They really should do that, as it would allow flexibility, such as resuming the Banker's specials, but using CI equipment instead of bringing ENY equipment back over.

That might very well work since you probably would only need five cars for the "Bankers Specials" instead of even eight, with such trains in the overnights also being available to use during those hours on the regular (Q) route when ridership is lower (especially if R160s are used).

Edited by Wallyhorse

I must say that this weeks FastTrack has been quite different than anything I have seen. For one, all the signs are actually incorrect. There is no (2) Train service in Brooklyn at all.

Now what I love is the fact that (5) trains run to Flatbush Avenue all night! That was a welcome treat to see a Flatbust Avenue bound (5) Express train pullin in to my stop in the Bronx at 2:15 this morning. Now if only thr 5 ran to Flatbush all the time!!

The only official Fastracks I will call Fastrack is the ones the MTA mark as Fastrack. Any other G/O as most people claim as "Fastrack" i don't consider it, only a standard General Order.... Just like most are saying the (E) and (F) bypassing stops in Queens. To me it is Standard G/O not Fastrack..

The only official Fastracks I will call Fastrack is the ones the MTA mark as Fastrack. Any other G/O as most people claim as "Fastrack" i don't consider it, only a standard General Order.... Just like most are saying the (E) and (F) bypassing stops in Queens. To me it is Standard G/O not Fastrack..

It's actually not a standard go, it'sa differnt program funded with the same money as FastTrack.

I have heard some rumors about FastTrack testing on the Park Slope/Viaduct Express. Is it true, or just another (J) to 9th Av?

There are only two other "fake FASTRACK" runs programmed for this year:

- (2) Wakefield 241 St-Nereid Av

- (D) Bay Pkwy-Stillwell

Both of these will be two week 24/7 all track shutdowns.

Edited by Amtrak7