FASTRACK Subway Repair Discussion

6 Lexington Ave

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's because of the need to complete station rehabs south of Bay Pkwy. Could be wrong though...

They're also going to do track work around 25th Avenue and near Bay 50th Street. Remember, on the weekend from 9am to 8pm, (D) trains terminate at 62nd/New Utrecht so they're might be more track work around there.

Edited by alejr88

Im really sure the line will shut down from 125th to GCT. The MTA has mentioned many times that FASTRACK G/Os will close a portion of the line. The 6th Avenue Fastrack is SOMEWHAT like the Lexington Avenue line, with the Express tracks not connected to the Local track, from 34th to West 4th, and even that the line got shut down. Even if they can work on the upper level, while trains are on the express track, it ill still interfere with work. 110th / 103rd the express tracks are lined up with the Local.

For your 1st phase, it doesn't make much sense, since after like 1AM (when no more (4)s are running express), the express tracks are cleared up. Pretty much work can be done, even after the (4) is done with EXP. But like I said above, I'm sure the line will shut down, requiring people to use MABSTOA bus routes.

it's not likely (but i can be wrong) to happen b/c most of those stations from GCT-125 st are renovated and in good shape like wise in lighting,tiling,ADA and other components. also the tunnels are in good shape and the lighting is fine. Edited by N4 Via Merrick Rd

• 2 weeks later...

That makes sense. Why did they even send it to Whitehall in the first place, if W 4 was an option?

As NX Express said, there was work on the express tracks on Broadway Lafayette street on the last FASTRACK and on the previous one, the switches north of West 4th Street were being work on as show in the pictures when that FASTRACK happened. This will be the first time that the express tracks are clear for D trains to go to West 4th Street.

As NX Express said, there was work on the express tracks on Broadway Lafayette street on the last FASTRACK and on the previous one, the switches north of West 4th Street were being work on as show in the pictures when that FASTRACK happened. This will be the first time that the express tracks are clear for D trains to go to West 4th Street.

Right on and don't forget on Grand Street, ceiling was painted as well. Guess they're done there and B'way/Lafayette.

As far as the (D) GO, they are replacing the structure supports south of Bay 50th near the entrance to Stillwell yard. Nothing to do with station rehabs. The Bway-Laf station for the (6) connection is done (at least the part downstairs at IND platform level), its just a few things upstairs in the mezz left.

Edited by TwoTimer

MTA Service Info

Planned Work

q.png Service is extended to the 21 St-Queensbridge f.png Station

Late Nights, 10 PM to 5 AM, Mon to Fri, Jul 23 - 27

q.png service is rerouted to the f.png after 57 St-7 Av, making stops at Lexington Av/63 St,

Roosevelt Island and 21 St-Queensbridge, the last stop.

Note: No f.png service at these stations during this time.

f.png Trains run via the e.png in both directions between Roosevelt Av and W 4 St.

d.png Service operates as follows:

1. Between 205 St and the 2 Avf.png Station, via B'way-Lafayette St

Trains run local via the c.png between 145 St and W 4 St.

2. Between W 4 St and Stillwell Av

• Transfer at B'way-Lafayette St to continue your trip.

Travel Options FASTRACK map | pdf

q.png Service is extended to 21 St-Queensbridge, stopping at Lexington Av/63 St and Roosevelt Island.

shuttle_bus.png Shuttle buses operate between 21 St-Queensbridge and Queens Plaza.

• 3 weeks later...
The next FASTRACK (first week of September, Lex line) will be Monday night-Thursday morning only. Why? The work is almost done?

I'm guessing because they don't want FASTTRACK interfering with the final weekend of the US Open Tennis Championships (personally, I would have scheduled this for the last week in September solely because of that). The Men's Quarters I believe are on Thursday.

Flushing Meadows is off the FLUSHING line, not the Lexington Avenue line. Also most of the tennis matches take place during the day and will most likely be over with for the day before FASTRACK begins anyhow.

• 2 weeks later...
Flushing Meadows is off the FLUSHING line, not the Lexington Avenue line. Also most of the tennis matches take place during the day and will most likely be over with for the day before FASTRACK begins anyhow.

Actually, the women's FINAL is Saturday night in prime time that weekend, plus I'm sure USTA officials probably asked the MTA not to do any work on the Lexington line that weekend in case they get backed up by weather as has been the case the past few years (the tourney has had to finish with the Men's final on Monday each of the past four years) and they for example have to schedule a Friday night session because of a backed up schedule (which did happen in 2003).

Also, I believe that is Rosh Hashanah and the MTA may not have enough workers available for FASTRACK that Thursday night because of that.

the real reason why it three nights only because of a Yankees game on Thursday night so that why they have to cut back.

WRONG!!

Yanks are in Baltimore on Thursday to play the Orioles. I'm guessing this was planned early in the year when the Giants won the Super Bowl and it was assumed the season opening game with the Cowboys would be on Thursday night (it is customary for the Super Bowl Champs to be at home for the opening Thursday night game), with the (MTA) not realizing the NFL would have to move the game to Wednesday due to the Democratic Convention (and Obama's acceptance speech) being on Thursday night. That would make the most sense, since some coming back from The Meadowlands would be using the subways once back in NYC around 12:30-1:00 AM or so.

WRONG!!

Yanks are in Baltimore on Thursday to play the Orioles. I'm guessing this was planned early in the year when the Giants won the Super Bowl and it was assumed the season opening game with the Cowboys would be on Thursday night (it is customary for the Super Bowl Champs to be at home for the opening Thursday night game), with the (MTA) not realizing the NFL would have to move the game to Wednesday due to the Democratic Convention (and Obama's acceptance speech) being on Thursday night. That would make the most sense, since some coming back from The Meadowlands would be using the subways once back in NYC around 12:30-1:00 AM or so.

What does Meadowlands have to do with the Lexingtion Av Fastrack being 3 nights only since that's in New Jersey! Don't you check the MTA website and Events at Yankees staduim online. Your answers should be in either of the 2 websites I mentioned. Yankee Staduim dosen't only host Yankee games but other events that the MTA has to put extra trains on the (4)(D) after all the events are over!

Edited by j express

It'll end early for Madonna's concert.

From http://secondavenuesagas.com/:

FASTRACK hits the Lexington Ave. IRT but only for three nights as the 4/5/6 will not run between 42nd St. and Atlantic Ave. on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights only. The work doesn’t continue into Thursday this week because Madonna’s taking the stage at Yankee Stadium on Thursday, and we can’t leave her fans stranded.

It'll end early for Madonna's concert.

From http://secondavenuesagas.com/:

What does Meadowlands have to do with the Lexingtion Av Fastrack being 3 nights only since that's in New Jersey! Don't you check the MTA website and Events at Yankees staduim online. Your answers should be in either of the 2 websites I mentioned. Yankee Staduim dosen't only host Yankee games but other events that the MTA has to put extra trains on the (4)(D) after all the events are over!

Lots if Giants fans live in NYC and likely use the trains or buses to/from The Meadowlands and I would presume quite a few then use the Lexington Avenue line to get home once back in Manhattan. It was probably assumed the Giants would be playing on Thursday at the time. I was not aware Madonna was playing at Yankee Stadium that night, so of course it makes sense on that front as well as it figures to be the most-attended event in the history of the new ballpark.

Edited by Wallyhorse

• 2 weeks later...

For the next fastrack on the BDFM what will the D reroute will be like? I'm assuming it will run to West 4th.

They should have installed that crossover south of Broadway Lafayette so the D can run via Manhattan bridge without splitting service. Also should had put the route similar to the N/Q in case the bridge is closed. Like the D via the F to 4th Avenue then normal service to CI.

Just want to remind all of the members that the 6th av Fastrack from Sept 24 to Sept 28 is the last fastrack occuring on 6th av. If anyone wants to get last pictures and videos of the (Q) to 21st and (D)(F) via 8th av get them during this last fastrack or else it's too late.

Edited by j express