FASTRACK Subway Repair Discussion

6 Lexington Ave

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see a link to the (D) Train FASTRACK, I've searched for it on the MTA website and it's not even there.

It's acutally released on the Planned Service Changes for Subways Section. Go to that section and chose any date between Jan 14 and Jan 18. The (D) Fastrack service change is posted there.

For the Broadway fastrack they haven't released the service changes yet but it said that during that week of Broadway line fastrack it said the (D) will end Brooklyn express service early running local in both directions from DeKalb to 36th street so I'm assuming that the (N) will run express and terminate at Atlantic Ave or Metrotech.

The (D)(N) interlocking project for the Feb 2-4 weekend will look like this: No shuttle buses

(F) trains and B1/B4 buses provide alternate service

Weekend, 5:30 AM to 8 PM, Sat and Sun, Feb 2 - 3

N.png Service operates between Ditmars Blvd and 86 St.

B1 and B4 buses stop at 86 St N.png and Avenue X F.png, fare-free.

• Transfer between trains and buses at 86 St and Avenue X.

B64 buses provide alternate service

Weekend, 5:30 AM to 8 PM, Sat and Sun, Feb 2 - 3

D.png Service operates between 205 St and Bay 50 St.

B64 buses stop at Bay 50 St and Stillwell Av, fare-free.

• Transfer between trains and buses at Bay 50 St.

They're always vague. Especially when it's an internal document and not a press release.

Organized by date:

• 1/14-1/18 Concourse

• 1/21-1/25 Nostrand Avenue**

• 1/28-2/1 Broadway

• 2/2-2/3 Coney Island Interlocking (D)(N)*

• 2/25-3/1 Ft Washington (A)

• 3/18-3/22 Queens Blvd

• 3/25-3/29 Lexington Ave Local

• 4/1-4/5 Nassau Street**

• 4/8-4/12 Concourse

• 4/15-4/19 Broadway

• 5/6-5/10 4th Avenue**

• 5/18-5/19 Coney Island Interlocking (D)(N)*

• 5/20-5/24 Lexington Ave Express

• 6/3-6/7 Queens Blvd

• 6/10-6/14 Ft Washington (A)

• 6/17-6/21 Broadway

• 7/15-7/19 Concourse

• 8/12-8/16 Queens Blvd

• 8/26-8/30 Ft Washington (A)

• 9/9-9/13 Lexington Ave Local

• 9/16-9/20 Central Park West**

• 9/30-10/4 Broadway

• 10/5-10/6 Coney Island Interlocking (D)(N)*

• 10/14-10/18 Queens Blvd

• 10/28-11/1 Lexington Ave Express

• 11/4-11/8 Concourse

• 11/18-11/22 Ft Washington (A)

• 11/23-11/24 Coney Island Interlocking (D)(N)*

• 12/2-12/6 Rutgers**

*Weekend Daytime

**One Week (TBD if they mean if it's just one week instead of multiple or if it's a continuous 24 hour closure)

Busy schedule, no?

Now a sticky topic until further notice.

First of all, thank you for this schedule.

Second, does anyone recall whose idea is was originally to make this a sticky topic to begin with?

For the 2 fastrack they will be running B44 limited service buses.

I have a question:

Since the 2 will be running to Utica Ave during this time.....

What will happen to the 5 train service during the fastrack? Will the 5 cut back to the Bronx or Bowling Green until late night normal service shuttle? I think the 5 service to Brooklyn ends like 11pm so it possible that they will cut it to Bowling Green or run to New Lots Ave.

What will happen to the 5 train service during the fastrack? Will the 5 cut back to the Bronx or Bowling Green until late night normal service shuttle? I think the 5 service to Brooklyn ends like 11pm so it possible that they will cut it to Bowling Green or run to New Lots Ave.

pft, I wish. It actually ends earlier, before 9 pm [with the last few trains of the night running to Utica Av] so it won't be affected at all by Fastrack. The MTA's site says (3) service to Brooklyn will end earlier, however.

Special B44 LTD buses huh? Good thing I get on at Beverly Rd, I don't need no stupid limited. 

Edited by Mysterious2train

and how they turn d trains at yankee stadium?

If the northbound platform is under reconstruction, trains to Uptown skips 155 Street on the express track, terminating at and departs from southbound platform.

If the southbound platform is under reconstruction, trains to Downtown skips 155 Street on the express track, terminating at and departs from northbound platform.

From/To 161 Street.

Doesn't matter which one is first, if you take the (D) that late, you'll know.

(Wow, I really touched on this.... Let me slow it down a bit.)

Edited by Metro CSW

Got to experience the Concourse Fasttrack on my way home from work tonight. Since I knew the concourse line would be down, I took the (4) instead. When we got to 149, there was another (4) on the middle track which took off before anyone would have the chance to jump ship. There is additional (4) service running between Woodlawn and 149. Looks like the intention is bringing empty trains to 161 to fill up the displaced (D) riders. This resulted in my through (4) train getting held there for about 5 minutes, and then for a couple more minutes at 161. Right as our holding lights got released, the next (D) must've arrived downstairs as a flood of people started coming up the steps, and the C/R did his best to get the doors closed, as it was getting mighty crowded on my train.

I also noticed that both the CIS and the C/R were talking about shuttle buses running between 161 and 205. This was the first I was hearing of this - I thought they were only running the buses between Mosholu and 205? I also didn't see any evidence of buses at Kingsbridge, and I walked by both the (4) and (D) stations.

Edited by Snowblock

Broadway FASTRACK is posted:

(N) turns at QBP

(N) turns at Jay St

(Q) runs to 6 Av/57 St via Bridge  :o

(R) ends early

I have a question since the (Q) will be terminating at 57th street/6th ave how will the F service will be running? Normal F service. Will it delay the (F) service coming from Jamaica.

Darn it! I was expecting an overnight service on the (B) line!

I have a question since the (Q) will be terminating at 57th street/6th ave how will the F service will be running? Normal F service. Will it delay the (F) service coming from Jamaica.

Darn it! I was expecting an overnight service on the (B) line!

I was also excecting the (B) to run overnight but it didn't. If the (B) ran over night that is going to be a Christmas gift and a birthday present for die hard railfanners especially Daniel The Cool. Well there is another reminder sometimes your wishes come true othertimes it dosen't come true. I am still fine what choice the MTA makes and we don't make any choices on what alternatives we should make. It's there job not us.

Edited by j express

It's easier to convey to the regular riders that the Q is being rerouted up Sixth Avenue than it is to tell them that 1) the B is running late nights, 2) is running local on the Brighton line and 3) is being extended to Stillwell Av. The idea is to make this as easy to comprehend as possible, not to Wallyhorse the railroad.