Where are the ugliest train stations at?

ac1962

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lance25

In an effort to keep this from becoming yet another thread where people list stations they do or don't like, please give an explanation of why you think the station is ugly. I don't care why; just give a reason, no matter how succinct it is.

Church Avenue (:)(Q) - Poor lighting and black colored walls make this station very dark, even in midday. These walls themselves are looking bad, with all water stains and graffiti. The ceiling is constantly leaking and platforms are cracked in many spots. Also there are no protective anti slip yellow stripes on the platform edges.

That pretty much sums up the station.

Hunters Point Ave on the (7)<7>- The tiles are starting to fall of, it's really dirty, and the rats are abundant enough there- thank go it's being renovated by the (MTA) soon.

21st St-Van Alst Station on the (G)- The tiles there are basically non existent, there is rust covering almost every single part of the wall, and I swear, it keeps rowing every time I pass by- and it has a huge rat problem. Same thing with Broadway, also on the (G).

Hello,i live in the bronx and have a few here like d train 205th street! Do you know of any others?

The rest of the members here will list many others... but I just wanted to point out that 205th IMO is the ugliest looking station in the system..... 21st st (G) is a close 2nd on my list.....

Church Avenue - Poor lighting and black colored walls make this station very dark, even in midday. These walls themselves are looking bad, with all water stains and graffiti. The ceiling is constantly leaking and platforms are cracked in many spots. Also there are no protective anti slip yellow stripes on the platform edges.

That pretty much sums up the station.

Outside of the yellow platform edge strips, you just described the south end of the Atlantic av. (B)(Q) w/ that description also !

Outside of the yellow platform edge strips, you just described the south end of the Atlantic av. (B)(Q) w/ that description also !

IMO, Atlantic avenue looks way better, it's those dense columns that make it look bad. If anything close to Church av, aside from some of the mentioned stations, it's Jay St/Metrotech (R).

Archived