Bx24 extended to Westchester Sq. and other 'minor' changes to several bus routes for Spring 2012

Amtrak7

I wonder if the (MTA) would ever think about planning to replace the Bx4A with an extended and restructured Bx24LTD all day service running between Country Club and The Hub via Westchester, E Tremont, and Metropolitan Avs. They could also extend the Bx4LCL to/from Country Club to help increase ridership for bus riders that ride this bus along Westchester Av, then they would still reroute the Bx5 back to its original pre-June 2010 route during the summer (Late June or early September). [sighs happily] A guy can dream about it and imagined that it would all come true in real life.:)

LTD under the (6) train to the Hub, not much of a time saver. Unless artics ran in Country Club, that plan wouldn't work. Can't cut well needed capacity on the Bx4A with the Bx24. Country Club doesn't need any more bus service, plus they would complain.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LTD under the (6) train to the Hub, not much of a time saver. Unless artics ran in Country Club, that plan wouldn't work. Can't cut well needed capacity on the Bx4A with the Bx24. Country Club doesn't need any more bus service, plus they would complain.

Would Country Club people be particularly welcome to the idea of artics in their area?

How about the Bx27 replacing the Bx4A to the Hub, Combine the Bx4A & Bx24 and end the Bx24 at West Farms Rd & Hoe Ave?

Thank you Mark, that is what I was waiting for - Something definitive.

--------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~

Whatever happened to the ole duplicative service excuse.... Whatever happened to wanting to get rid of service paralleling subways.... Whatever happened to cost neutrality....

talk about hypocrisy at its finest....

For that I would just sh9t can the Bx24 and bring back the Bx14 and end all of this. But then again people who use the Bx4A would then complain they are losing access to leave the Parkchester area. Thats why the Bx4A shouldn't have been intro'ed in the first place. Now you may have to combine the Bx24/Bx4A into one.

I wonder if the (MTA) would ever think about planning to replace the Bx4A with an extended and restructured Bx24LTD all day service running between Country Club and The Hub via Westchester, E Tremont, and Metropolitan Avs. They could also extend the Bx4LCL to/from Country Club to help increase ridership for bus riders that ride this bus along Westchester Av, then they would still reroute the Bx5 back to its original pre-June 2010 route during the summer (Late June or early September). [sighs happily] A guy can dream about it and imagined that it would all come true in real life.:)

I dont see a purpose of a Bx4 or Bx24 LTD. You got the (2)(5)(6) that runs a portion of Westchester Ave. LTD wouldn't even do under an EL anyways, especially since it would have to get delayed if a bus is stalled at a stop. Only portion I'd see fine would be between Whitlock and the Southern Blvd.

Would Country Club people be particularly welcome to the idea of artics in their area?

I dont think there will be. But it may not work since it seems like its a bit tight for turning artic. Thats why the Bx14 and the Bx24 uses 40 footers.

Ive been there and it looks no good.

Other changes at the meeting:

-NB B103 rerouted via 7 Av/9 St/5 Av instead of 3 Av.

-Q41 rerouted via 109 Av instead of 111 Av, and via Atlantic Ave instead of 95 Ave. Saves $190,000 a year.

-April 2012 schedule changes. Major changes:

B24 evening now runs half-hourly

X37/38 larger span of service

Saturday B67 now runs half-hourly mornings, 20 minutes remainder (probably can be reduced even more)

Bx16 Sunday midday/afternoon every 20 minutes, up from half hourly

- NB B103 rerouted via 7 Av/9 St/5 Av instead of 3 Av.

ouch... if that happens, that's gonna be a huge mistake.....

I know buses get caught up along 3rd av, but moving them anywhere along 5th & 7th isn't gonna help matters.... they're better off leaving it on 3rd.... my guess is, this maybe proposed as to eliminate that left off 3rd, onto f'bush.... Still don't get the reason they opted to make 3rd av one way NB, north of atlantic....

-Q41 rerouted via 109 Av instead of 111 Av, and via Atlantic Ave instead of 95 Ave. Saves $190,000 a year.

what's coincidential about that is, I recently made a post about there needing to be some type of change to speed up the Q41 some....

Other changes at the meeting:

-NB B103 rerouted via 7 Av/9 St/5 Av instead of 3 Av.

-April 2012 schedule changes. Major changes:

X37/38 larger span of service

Saturday B67 now runs half-hourly mornings, 20 minutes remainder (probably can be reduced even more)

Bx16 Sunday midday/afternoon every 20 minutes, up from half hourly

NB B103 TO 7TH AVENUE ?? WTF ARE THEY THINKING..

You are taking away a faster route via 3rd Avenue/Prospect Ave to get downtown and now flip it to 7th Avenue. This means a slower ride for the people heading downtown. Looks like more of a load will be getting off on Flatbush and Nostrand for the (2) and (5) train. Thanks alot (MTA).

WHen will this take effect?

other changes at the meeting:

-nb b103 rerouted via 7 av/9 st/5 av instead of 3 av.

-q41 rerouted via 109 av instead of 111 av, and via atlantic ave instead of 95 ave. Saves $190,000 a year.

-april 2012 schedule changes. Major changes:

x37/38 larger span of service

saturday b67 now runs half-hourly mornings, 20 minutes remainder (probably can be reduced even more)

bx16 sunday midday/afternoon every 20 minutes, up from half hourly

mods please delete this portion of the post!

Thank you.

I know buses get caught up along 3rd av, but moving them anywhere along 5th & 7th isn't gonna help matters.... they're better off leaving it on 3rd.... my guess is, this maybe proposed as to eliminate that left off 3rd, onto f'bush.... Still don't get the reason they opted to make 3rd av one way NB, north of atlantic....

what's coincidential about that is, I recently made a post about there needing to be some type of change to speed up the Q41 some....

The (B103) should have stayed on 4 Av both ways with a stop Atlantic/Pacific. As for the (Q41), it's about time that route was streamlined

Either they were listening or ppl complained too much OR MTA has spys on this forum.:cool:

NB B103 TO 7TH AVENUE ?? WTF ARE THEY THINKING..

You are taking away a faster route via 3rd Avenue/Prospect Ave to get downtown and now flip it to 7th Avenue. This means a slower ride for the people heading downtown. Looks like more of a load will be getting off on Flatbush and Nostrand for the (2) and (5) train. Thanks alot (MTA).

WHen will this take effect?

The (B103) should have stayed on 4 Av both ways with a stop Atlantic/Pacific. As for the (Q41), it's about time that route was streamlined

As far as the (MTA) is concerned, this new travel path will be less congested then the current one. I can't really see where they're coming from. They don't believe 4th Av would be any better traffic-wise than 3rd Av. That I agree with.

The NB B103 stop at 3rd Av & State St is getting axed because of the move, and it's not getting replaced. After Church Av, the next stop won't be until Livingston St and Nevins St. This I don't get. With the 103 re-routed like this, it's going to be running right in front of Atlantic Terminal and it's not going to be stopping there. Maybe they'll add the stop in the future?

The 103 change is scheduled for next month.

Those planned schedule adjustments don't look too promising. Some routes are getting a little frequency boost, but a lot more are losing service here and there. But this happens with every report...

Less congested? they're going to have buses go up 5th & across (more) of flatbush av !

This is how you know the folks making these proposals don't ride the buses....

like Future Flatbush B/O said... all that B103 change will accomplish is having more NB riders disembark at the junction for trains.....

I kinda have a problem with that due to the fact that 111th has a connection with the Q10 Limited. I honestly dont see this speeding up the route at all to be honest....gotta see it to believe it...

I kinda have a problem with that due to the fact that 111th has a connection with the Q10 Limited. I honestly dont see this speeding up the route at all to be honest....gotta see it to believe it...

Maybe they'll move the (Q10) LTD stop to 109 Av

So Cath if you were in charge of fixing and streamlining the (Q41) what you suggest?:confused:

It's hard because the route structure is terrible. Admittedly, the real choking points of the route is from Rockaway Blvd to Atlantic & Van Wyck. That whole area it travels through is a total freaking mess.

Also to add on, 109th Avenue is extremely accident-prone mostly due to speeding. Accidents always happen there compared to 107th, 111th & Linden.

Maybe they'll move the (Q10) LTD stop to 109 Av

I doubt that because 111th Avenue has a school and the stop is literally near the entrance and its heavily used. The locals are terribly packed between 2 and 6PM due to the different branches and the short-turns going South.

Everything I listed is definitely happening. No approval is required, these are the normal monthly service change proposals.

http://mta.info/mta/news/books/pdf/120123_1130_BUS.pdf

PDF pages 55-end

I see in that document that it say the Bx24 COULD get extended to Parkchester (Hugh Grant Circle) Page 68 as an option 2.

So im guessing it is likely the old Bx14 routing could make a return, but under the Bx24.

Idk why is that an alternative proposal if they want to send it to Westchester Sq.

Archived