2012 Orion VII EPA10 CNG Discussion - Nassau Inter-County Express (Nice)

Yeah, but according to NICE standards, a piece of computer paper in the windshield with the route number written on it in black sharpie is enough. So who needs those luminators?

The fact that most paper signs that are used are preprinted not handwritten makes me think that NICE is not going to put a concerted effort toward the signs.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that most paper signs that are used are preprinted not handwritten makes me think that NICE is not going to put a concerted effort toward the signs.

LOL! And there's also the blinking on and off problem that some of the Luminators have.

1664 (the bus that was hit in Cedarhurst or which ever of the Five Towns the accident was in) was repaired but the signs are busted.

They fixed the sign. I seen it like 2 weeks ago at the terminal. I was shocked to see that they even bothered fixing it!

If the buses are soon to be retired, then no, NICE shouldn't waste money on the signs. Preprinted signs are perfectly acceptable and better than a handwritten one.

Yeah, but according to NICE standards, a piece of computer paper in the windshield with the route number written on it in black sharpie is enough. So who needs those luminators?

On the N51, I've seen a Luminator frozen halfway thru the N58 message, one that showed the N41, and a ton that were just plain shot.

All of them had said paper sign.

They fixed the sign. I seen it like 2 weeks ago at the terminal. I was shocked to see that they even bothered fixing it!

The 2003 Orions still have life in them, plus the damage wasn't all that bad from looking at the pics, the others, like 1804 and 1808 were pretty much wrecked and beyond repair

The 2003 Orions still have life in them, plus the damage wasn't all that bad from looking at the pics, the others, like 1804 and 1808 were pretty much wrecked and beyond repair

Yeah, but if 1808 is still sitting in the Mitchel Field parking lot, NICE may be planning to fix it.

Yeah, but if 1808 is still sitting in the Mitchel Field parking lot, NICE may be planning to fix it.

Not fixable, it's a body frame damage I think, the frame might buckle with all the bumps and what not in Nassau and Queens pavements, and it's a safety hazard to passengers. And by damage, I think @SoSpectacular meant the other busses.

Not fixable, it's a body frame damage I think, the frame might buckle with all the bumps and what not in Nassau and Queens pavements, and it's a safety hazard to passengers. And by damage, I think @SoSpectacular meant the other busses.

If its unfixable, then why didn't the (MTA) bring it to Eastchester and scrap it like they did with 1804. Something is different.

If its unfixable, then why didn't the (MTA) bring it to Eastchester and scrap it like they did with 1804. Something is different.

Perhaps (MTA) got pissed off at Nassau Co. for their problems and just decided to dump 1808 there and let them take care of it, poor bus, =[...

I can understand that I mean they were only a couple months old and two got wrecked. There buses are always breaking down over heating and having sign problems. The MTA had enough and was like take care of your own problems. I hate how NICE's 3G's are coming before the MTA's. And I bet one of the NICE's 3G is going to get in an accident soon after delivery.

I can understand that I mean they were only a couple months old and two got wrecked. There buses are always breaking down over heating and having sign problems. The MTA had enough and was like take care of your own problems. I hate how NICE's 3G's are coming before the MTA's. And I bet one of the NICE's 3G is going to get in an accident soon after delivery.

That's really harsh to say that the 3G is going to get into an accident. But I'm sure NICE, if they're smart, will do extra training for those 3G drivers.

I have never seen a post scream "butthurt foamer" as loudly as this.

The MTA had enough and was like take care of your own problems.

The buses were in the (MTA)'s care. What you just said would be like borrowing your friends car, getting into an accident, towing it to his driveway with a note attached to it that said "take care of your own problems."

I hate how NICE's 3G's are coming before the MTA's. And I bet one of the NICE's 3G is going to get in an accident soon after delivery.

Why would professional drivers need extra training for these buses? "Hey guys, the training you've received is good enough to be on public streets but we really need to train you on how not f uck up our new buses... " :rolleyes:

No but LI bus didnt take care of it or even pay up the money so that maintance and other jobs can be done. Now I said that Nassau's will get into an accident not a bus in Queens.

I'm sorry I've been busy and to add to that the (find any reason to bash) NICE forum is not on the top of my list of go to places... I'm having a hard time following what you're saying? (MTA)'s lack of maintenance has lead to the problems today?

I try to keep away from this forum because it seems like a bunch kids sipping blue slurpees wearing (MTA) t shirts posting about a break down, bitching about how bad NICE's maintenance is causing said breakdown... "Yea cyber high five, insert epic fail pic here!"

Either that or going on about sign fonts, or whether the Nn is capitalized or not...

I'm going to be one of the first to drive one of these 3G's down to the Island and contemplated not posting in this forum until I posted those pics because of what I posted above.

Archived