Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

These are my videos I recorded in past.

This was Labor Day 2012, 8:25pm n20 Hicksville trip never showed up.

This was when NYCDOT had Kissena Blvd closed and bus driver was force to skip one pickup stop at Sanford Av/Kissena Blvd due to closure and this was not posted on NICE Bus website or social medias.

Including Flushing-Main St.

On Wednesday, August 19th at Sunrise Mall, while doing the Rate the Ride trips, while we were waiting for 5pm S33 Happague, one Hispanic lady told us 4:53pm n81 Hicksville never showed up.

NICE Bus almost never posted detour at Sanford Av/Kissena Blvd when Flushing had small Falun Gong Parade which closed off Main St.

Edited by FamousNYLover

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Famous thanks for posting the videos I see there is a lot of people that used to ride nice bus? New question : what happened to the ridership? All day all you see is hardly full & empty N20s we need more ridership. What happened to the customers?

Did you see other videos trainfan22 posted too which is posted by Pinepower. He doesn't come here anymore.

Edited by FamousNYLover

I watched the other videos also, youtube guy speaking says on video he is pine why doesn't he post here to tell the public how bad nice bus is?

He's not interested in forum because of LIBRU posts. He cares for NICE Bus riders often, so makes his own video blogs for his friends only.

Me and one of other rider got block from his facebook page because he don't want me posting anymore.

On on top right of forum, you'll see your name with triangle pointed down next to Log Out. Click your name once, then click on My Setting that brings you to your panel. Then click on notificiation option and try to unlock your private message. This forum doesn't support LIBRU, so private message is best choice.

Edited by FamousNYLover

I watched the other videos also, youtube guy speaking says on video he is pine why doesn't he post here to tell the public how bad nice bus is?

He tells the public how bad NICE is via his Youtube videos...

He was interview by Greg Mocker on a LIB related story a couple years ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2saKGVOdDI

He does.

Famous if it wasn't for the LIBRU, who knows what would have became of NiCE BUS.

The same crap operation it currently does.

Does nice ever send out it's managers to ask passengers to complete a survey of the service ?

In an exercise of futility?

If they can't secure Fed funds to do such an endeavor, does it really look like they'd spend THEIR OWN money to do something like this?

They can't even maintain their fleet and they'll spend money doing surveys?

In a way ... I can see that happening IF they had a P.R. problem to address, but they're already flipping customers the bird, so it doesn't seem very likely.

Nice gets funding from Nassau & NY state, if nice bus feels it is not enough then they should ask for more money or start making cuts, but do not cut bus service or maintence, I am sure nice over spends on certain things & if they over spend on a item that isn't necessary than that should be cut.

Nice gets funding from Nassau & NY state, if nice bus feels it is not enough then they should ask for more money or start making cuts, but do not cut bus service or maintence, I am sure nice over spends on certain things & if they over spend on a item that isn't necessary than that should be cut.

So if you don't cut bus service or maintenance, what else is there to cut?

NICE also gets money from the Federal government if they ask and the federal government wants to give it to them. Normally though the Federal Government gives money towards new buses. That's how Suffolk was able to order the 82 Orion VII's back in 2010 because the congressman for the 1st District in the House of Repersentitives at the time helped get funding. Otherwise the money from just the County had would have only gotten 55.

The State doesn't pay enough to transit in Nassau or Suffolk, it's been a problem for years. Back in 2002 Suffolk had to raise fares and/or cut service because of a hole in the transit budget that started, I believe, when the State wanted to cut the amount of money it was giving the county for transit. The State reversed it's decision and gave the money, but only after Suffolk had raised the fares and riders complained. 

He use to post on here but stopped. 

Whatever happens just do not raise the fare, the riders can not afford it.

It's not really possible. Every public transit companies raises fare in order to fill budget gaps.

Transport of Rockland (Public transportation in Rockland County, local buses are $2 and Tappan Zee Express from Westchester County is $3 and their paper transfer cost $1.

Even thought many riders don't like fare hike, but they know they can't do anything.

Why would they charge $1 buck for a transfer? Mta & nice gives you paper transfers for FREE. I wouldn't mind a fare hike if we the riders got something in return, such as clean buses free of garbage on the floor, & buses that smell good not like urine. Why pay more for the SAME service? I watched those videos from 2012, those buses used to be packed now N20s are hardly packed anymore, it seems like the ridership is getting lower, I might stop taking nice bus soon, I might just take Q12 to little neck & walk the few blocks over to great neck to visit family, I am a u happy nice bus rider, to be honest the ride isn't worth the sky high $2.75 I am paying now, I can get better & more luxury service elsewhere.

Compared to other systems in the region, we still have the lowest fares based on the services we run and its kicking ourselves in the ass.

Yes, to an extent.  MTA fares for $2.75 and NICE for $2.50 are pretty damn reasonable, especially if you factor in how much the dollar has devalued.  Not an economist or math wiz, but fares should be closer to $4.00, not only because of regular life costs increasing, but also the sheer magnitude of the system and maintaining service and the system itself.

Although it varies, most TAs charge something for transfers, but MTA has them built in -- and once again that's surprising because of what I just mentioned.  However, if they go touchless, they could start charging (which IMO they should be doing currently), or they could do zone system like most of Europe.  Those moves would kick more into the pot for capital projects and regular maintenance.

John From Flushing should at least get some extra bang for the buck by using Unlimited Metrocard, since it's accepted on NICE and no worries about transfers between MTA-NICE.

We have the lowest fares in the nation? Is $2.75 a cheap fare? Public transportation is meant to be cheap & affordable.

In Canada, York Regional Transit, operated by Veolia Transdev, one way zone 1 fare is $4 and zone 2 fare is $5.

http://www.yrt.ca/en/farespasses/prices.asp

Edited by FamousNYLover

Most people who use public transportation on Li & NYC are on a low limited income, that's if the person has any income at all. It is designed to be cheap & affordable. when NYC first started public transportation it was 5 cents for over 40 years. One mayor once made a suggestion all buses & trains in LI & NYC should be FREE. I forgot who I saw it on tv one night. This is why yellow taxi have 50 MTA surcharge to

Fund mta & nice bus companies.

50 cent surchase I mean to say. How do you edit a post?

Most people who use public transportation on Li & NYC are on a low limited income, that's if the person has any income at all. It is designed to be cheap & affordable. when NYC first started public transportation it was 5 cents for over 40 years. One mayor once made a suggestion all buses & trains in LI & NYC should be FREE. I forgot who I saw it on tv one night. This is why yellow taxi have 50 MTA surcharge to

Fund mta & nice bus companies.

50 cent surchase I mean to say. How do you edit a post?

Yep compared to Taxi service, LIRR, and owning a car it is extrememly affordable. The 5 cent fare killed the private trolley and subway operators, and forced the city to take over operation, which increased its fare gradually. Overall 2.75 with TWO FREE transfer is a deal! Edited by Mtatransit