Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

Other then those riders needing it to get to College, did those 12 people say or share any other info. Say like how many riders rode the route while they were one, how many people they have seen riding the route when a bus has gone by them, or how many people from the college actually rides the bus.

I mean just because (at least) 12 people ride the bus and need it doesn't mean it should be kept. It makes no sence to keep a route that they aren't at least breaking even on. So unless they can prove that data that the route actually breaks even and does better then other routes, there is nothing they can do. Nobody and I mean nobody is going to keep a route just because 12 people need it/ use it.

What they should be doing is going to the college and asking them to provide some type of transportation to some spot where these people could have access to better transportation. Or if not see if the college would pay Nassau for the service. 

Yeah from their studies there are like 5 people per trip on the route. It's kind of wasteful to have to line running all day when there are about 12 (possibly) riders that use the bus to go to the school which is most likely only in the morning and afternoon. (The bus runs hourly anyway).   It's a small school they may not even have night classes. Perhaps they could modify the N80 to take a slight detour past the school or something. 

They have the passenger counting system up and running so they KNOW just how many people get on and off by the school (and all other stops for that matter). I'd like to know their findings. 

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw one of the new XD40s go by on the N27. Looked pretty slick. Wish I had a need to ride it; I would've if I did.

Funny thing is that it was preceded by an Orion V with a broken destination sign. The part where it would normally say the route number said "NOT", as in "Not in Service", while the other side was working as normal, so the destination sign said "NOT GLEN COVE". <3 NICE

Edited by JGMR

I could say nun ya, wouldn't you like to know, or I know people but I guess this your post really means "I have no idea the answer to the question you asked." lol

As you see hound already provided what is wrong with a defective nice bus.And you provided me the location.I like to thank you for that no harm done in asking on what's been told.And before anyone says anything about me in the past as the saying goes time move on and start new if u hate for what i did that's ok.Iam not here looking forgiveness I am here looking too see what Eveyone has to say about transit related stuff on the site.

It was my luck. Just got off the N6 to catch the N32 and an XN40 bus came. :D I saw two more XN40 buses on the N31/N32 when I left Hemp Transit Ctr.

N32%20XN40_zpsvu1svfpp.jpg

Got off at the last stop. My phone took forever to get the picture to focus.

N32%20XN40%201_zpsw05dyggy.jpg

Orion V CNG engine trouble I guess

Orion%20V%20CNG_zps04rujz3v.jpg

Orion%20V%20CNG%201_zpsxdjxgraj.jpg

I remember when I took the N4 from Freeport to Jamaica a few weeks ago, the bus driver was talking on the radio and the bus had made a detour and made a left turn from Merrick Rd and drove on Sunrise Highway between Peninsula Blvd & Horton Av. I guess there was an accident.

On Tuesday I saw two NICE buses heading north on I95 in VA of all places. I barely see NICE buses back home (Ive never ever been to Eastern Queens let alone LI), yet I see not one but two while I'm on vacation, go figure

The new buses come from Alamama...  Were you able to get a pic?

Edited by Burrstone

I remember when I took the N4 from Freeport to Jamaica a few weeks ago, the bus driver was talking on the radio and the bus had made a detour and made a left turn from Merrick Rd and drove on Sunrise Highway between Peninsula Blvd & Horton Av. I guess there was an accident.

That's the regular detour when the village of Lynbrook has a parade.

The new buses come from Alamama...  Were you able to get a pic?

Never heard of Alamama. Is that a new country?