Is 126th Street Next??

Blitz

132nd Street Depot became Manhattanville, 146 Street Depot became Mother Clara Hale, and most recently 100 Street Depot became Tuskegee Airmen. With 126th Street being the only depot named after an actual street left, will it be next? And if so what would be the most fitting name category? Honored person/group or area? I have three obvious choices in mind: Martin Luther King depot, Malcolm X depot (this one will probably never happen), or Spanish Harlem Bus Depot...Thoughts on my possible choices of your own suggestions are more than welcome

Major Deegan Depot or Triborough Depot.

Both seem like good ideas.

Maybe the RFK depot since it is near the RFK bridge

I refuse to call it the RFK. It was a pointless renaming for some guy that isn't really associated with this city. At least JFK was a president and someone more deserving of something named for him, imo.

Probable Name:Dr. Martin Luther King Depot

Name that whoever will use it needs to go to their psychiastric: Nicki Minaj Depot, Maraj Depot, Something Depot, Randalls Island Depot, 125 street depot

Names not chosen: Obama Depot, Manhattan Depot, East River Depot, Morningside Depot

The depots that probably may not be chosen are self-explanitory to most people why.

Robert Moses was a classist and a racist. 126th is in a minority middle class neighborhood. Go figure on that one.

HA! Leave it to you to bring class and race into the discussion... :tdown:

The Coqui Depot

The Coquí Depot... LOL! Well what happens if Puerto Ricans aren't the majority in the area?? You do know that coquís are specific to Puerto Rico right?

HA! Leave it to you to bring class and race into the discussion... :tdown:

When you bring Robert Moses into the discussion, that's what you get. You wanna tell me that he wasn't either of those things?

I didn't bring him up, Adam mentioned him (and the fact that his name carries controversy), and that controversy is exactly what I'm talking about here.

It would be the epitome of irony to name a bus depot after Robert Moses considering everything he did to minimize the growth of public transportation.

I agree on East Harlem/MLK Depot as potential names

Archived