Rumors Related To The (J) Extension Via Bmt 4Th Avenue This 2012

mark1447

There is a rumor so far, about the POSSIBILITY of the (J) being extended during Rush Hours to BMT 9th Avenue (West End Line) Station via 4th Avenue, just like former brown (M) use to do.

Suppose to be for this Winter 2012, and unknown about the (Z).

More:

http://www.subchat.c....asp?Id=1149098

AGAIN this IS a RUMOR, so if you take it as legit, then thats on you! This information is not official.

Your thoughts?

My thought, this would be a great idea. Help out the ® and offer South Brooklyners a ride back via Nassau Street like the (M) use to do. Though, didn't the reason why the (J) wasn't extended passed Broad (Unless Split) was due to crews disliking it?

Next rumor: (E)/ (G)/(?) as the Culver local, with the (F) as the Culver express.

winksmile.png

Nah, the (E) i wouldn't see. There are lots of people who use WTC for service. The (G) as it is now and select (F) via Express would do, with (F) local.

They just need to extend it to somewhere like Atlantic - Pacific where you can transfer to other trains, no need for it to go all the way down there if you ask me.

Atlantic you can't terminate trains, while there is active service present. Besides, the (J) is needed via 4th Avenue to help the ® in ways. Its not all about transfering to other routes, especially since you can do that in Manhattan.

I was just reading the SubChat page. One poster noted this (J) via West End proposal was posted exactly a year ago.

But to be fair, this time the OP, is more credible than 'chipper10'. That said, as I stated there, to accommodate such a service [whether it is a J and/or Z extension, Z=Broadway Junction to 9th Av or an entirely new line under a different letter], they will need more trains and that would mean R32s. And since R32s have signs for the J, I can see the J getting R32s and the line/segment going to 9th Av getting the R160s.

I do like the idea since transferring from the R to 4/5 can be a pita at the height of rush hours compared to a more comfortable/spacious ride on a BMT 4th av to Nassau line.

On another note, I can now see why ordering more 8-car trains in the R179 order would make more sense as Eastern Division could probably use them for service expansion.

Atlantic you can't terminate trains, while there is active service present. Besides, the (J) is needed via 4th Avenue to help the ® in ways. Its not all about transfering to other routes, especially since you can do that in Manhattan.

Damn, my mind's been doing real good lately, completely forgot you can transfer to the other trains in Manhattan. Now I really don't see the point, besides increasing service along the 4th Avenue / West End lines.

They just need to extend it to somewhere like Atlantic - Pacific where you can transfer to other trains, no need for it to go all the way down there if you ask me.

The (J) already has those transfer options at Fulton Street, Chambers Street, Canal Street, and Essex Street… In fact, all of those transfers are superior to a circuitous run through lower Manhattan. For the LIRR, head over to Jamaica.

I had heard Bay Pkwy, not just 9th Ave.

I was surprised, especially with the 4 min. headway that would be used. (The (Z) would be replaced, and not really needed with such frequency). I thought that Nassau connection was lightly used. Though on the other hand, eliminating it still dumps people on the already overcrowded IRT.

I would have thought they would just bring back the Banker's special. If they did the 4 min headway ans Z elimination for the rest fof the J, then the new "(TT)" could be the " (Z)" (Which would now have its own identity as a line). It would continue to ENY after the AM, and then head back for the PM, just like it does now.

And then, Brighton or 95th could also be an option again.

I like the idea of Nassau service to Brooklyn, it provides an alternative to the ®are train and the sardine-can IRT in Lower Manhattan/Brooklyn. It's not as if the IRT will be getting any less heavily-used any-time soon, so why not provide an alternative?

I like the idea of Nassau service to Brooklyn, it provides an alternative to the ®are train and the sardine-can IRT in Lower Manhattan/Brooklyn. It's not as if the IRT will be getting any less heavily-used any-time soon, so why not provide an alternative?

Totally agreed. Of all the 'rumors' I don't understand why some people here are so opposed to it. It's not like it'd be an all day sort of service. I would expect it to be rush hours only.

Guest Lance

It may have something to do with the fact that they've been trying to get rid of the Nassau-South Brooklyn service for years and once it was finally eliminated, all these rumors keep popping up about a resurgence of said service. If I recall correctly, didn't a lot of those (M) s run fairly empty down on the West End/4th Avenue lines? If you can find the ridership for this routing, sure, why not implement it? But if you can't and those trains run just as empty as the old (M), then what's the point? Either way, are there even enough trains for such a service? We seem to be using all the A-1s as it is. I can't see where they'd find more cars for this. Not unless a miracle happens with the R32s and they're sent over to East New York.

Side note: We have route smilies. :)

Maybe they can have special (J) service run between Broadway Junction and Ninth Avenue as limited rush hour service (e.g. every 10-12 minutes for two-three hours during the rush hour), while (J)/(Z) skip-stop service operates normal.

Maybe they can have special (J) service run between Broadway Junction and Ninth Avenue as limited rush hour service (e.g. every 10-12 minutes for two-three hours during the rush hour), while (J)/ (Z) skip-stop service operates normal.

Create a new letter service for the Bway Jct-9Av (J) service, or it gets really confusing. Like a brown (V) or something.

There is a rumor so far, about the POSSIBILITY of the (J) being extended during Rush Hours to BMT 9th Avenue (West End Line) Station via 4th Avenue, just like former brown (M) use to do.

Suppose to be for this Winter 2012, and unknown about the (Z).

More:

http://www.subchat.c....asp?Id=1149098

AGAIN this IS a RUMOR, so if you take it as legit, then thats on you! This information is not official.

Your thoughts?

My thought, this would be a great idea. Help out the ® and offer South Brooklyners a ride back via Nassau Street like the (M) use to do. Though, didn't the reason why the (J) wasn't extended passed Broad (Unless Split) was due to crews disliking it?

That (J) Train extension idea might not be able come into real life later this year or any year at all, because it is probably a lie.

Archived