Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do they continue to run the (R) to 71st Ave when the (E) and (F) are running local?

Delays [/size] Posted: 11/21/2015 10:03AM

Due to track maintenance between Queens Plaza and Forest Hills-71 Av, e.png, f.png and r.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Allow additional travel time.

I feel you. They are better off extending the (R) to/from 179th Street whenever weekend work requires all Queens Boulevard trains to run local or express in either one or both directions because fumigation at any terminal takes at most 5 minutes or so. And having a station being set up as a terminal while also through service is a bad idea.

Edited by RollOver

I feel you. They are better off extending the (R) to/from 179th Street whenever weekend work requires all Queens Boulevard trains to run local or express in either one or both directions because fumigation at any terminal takes at most 5 minutes or so. And having a station being set up as a terminal while also through service is a bad idea.

Fumigation doesn't take that long in most cases.. well on NTT at least. I ridden a 160 (R) that pulled in to 179th and left the station to relay under a minute. On NTT all the crew has to do is just step out there cab and look though the windows on the end of the cars which can see though the entire train...

The reason there having delays is because trains have to go extra slow though the work area.. not really cause of fumigation. They could just simply make the (R) mostly 160s on weekends if that is the issue, the weekend a while back where (R) went to 179th it was mostly 160s on the line for whatever reason.

Edited by trainfan22

Fumigation doesn't take that long in most cases.. well on NTT at least. I ridden a 160 (R) that pulled in to 179th and left the station to relay under a minute. On NTT all the crew has to do is just step out there cab and look though the windows on the end of the cars which can see though the entire train...

The reason there having delays is because trains have to go extra slow though the work area.. not really cause of fumigation. They could just simply make the (R) mostly 160s on weekends if that is the issue, the weekend a while back where (R) went to 179th it was mostly 160s on the line for whatever reason.

Oh. I thought the T/O or C/R are suppose to leave their cab for a little bit and walk/pass through the entire train first to check for passengers still sitting down. Some passengers don't listen, even with the NTTs having automated announcements.

EDIT...

Wait, never mind. I think I restated what you said.

Edited by RollOver

But if they're doing track work and there are slow work zones, having 3 locals makes the delays worse. Turn the (R) at Queens Plaza

All three routes usually have longer headways when this G.O happens which makes things a bit better IMO. SRO (R) trains going into Queens on Saturday afternoons is common. These people would stuff onto already crowded (E)/(F) trains.

The (E) and (F) being rush hour levels of crowded due to the (R) not running on QBL + plus the slow work zones would just as bad as it is now.

Edited by trainfan22

All three routes usually have longer headways when this G.O happens which makes things a bit better IMO. SRO (R) trains going into Queens on Saturday afternoons is common. These people would stuff onto already crowded (E)/(F) trains.

The (E) and (F) being rush hour levels of crowded due to the (R) not running on QBL + plus the slow work zones would just as bad as it is now.

They were doing some track replacement at Elmhurst Ave on the Manhattan Bound express track and had work trains parked on the other track between Roosevelt and 63rd Drive. Trains ran slow work zone was from Elmhurst Ave to 65th St in both directions. East of Elmhurst and West of 65th were normal.

None of the 4 trains I rode today were less crowded than normal (no crowding), and the extra local service always helps

Oh. I thought the T/O or C/R are suppose to leave their cab for a little bit and walk/pass through the entire train first to check for passengers still sitting down. Some passengers don't listen, even with the NTTs having automated announcements.

EDIT...

Wait, never mind. I think I restated what you said.

No you're right, they're supposed to walk the train.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you spot the mistake?

Delays  Posted: 12/18/2015  7:31PM 

Due to an earlier incident at 23 St4.png5.png and 6.png service has resumed with residual delays. 

Delays  Posted: 12/18/2015  7:29PM 

Due to a problem with the electronic gap fillers at 14 St-Union St, southbound 6.png trains are running with delays.

Can you spot the mistake?

Due to a problem with the electronic gap fillers at 14 St-Union St, southbound 6.png trains are running with delays.

Easy one:

The one about the (4)(5) and (6) at 23rd Street.   (4) only goes there overnights and (5) only stops there on G.O.'s or other emergencies.

An incident at 23rd Street can affect the (4)(5)(6) at any time... If drivers are told to slow down in the area.

An incident at 23rd Street can affect the (4)(5)(6) at any time... If drivers are told to slow down in the area.

Or if locals are diverted to the express - or if there's simply a problem with the express tracks in that location and it's actually the expresses diverted to the local. Bottom line, problem on a trunk, local or express, all the services on that trunk are likely to be effected even if only marginally. 

Must be nice....

Service Change  Posted: 12/21/2015  4:26PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Parkside Av, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no southbound b.png and q.png service between DeKalb Av and Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Some southbound b.png and q.png trains are running on the d.png and n.png lines from DeKalb Av to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

As an Alternative customers can take a northbound b.pngq.png train at Coney Island-Stillwell Av or switch to the B3, B6, B8, B8, B11, B16, B35, B41 or B82 bus.

Expect delays on the southbound d.png and n.png line.