Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

A CR was slashed in the face after doing the platform Observation..

Union is doing a stand own

Enough is enough already...

Thank you so much, RTOMan. And yes, I heard about that incident earlier this morning.

It seems so far as of now, every (A) heading southbound is going to Lefferts instead of Far Rockaway.

13 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

Damn i heard of this from discord but I didnt know it was actually true.

Interesting this happened right after the pilot to install "barriers" between the T/O's and the passengers started at 125 st. (4) (5) (6)

Just now, ArchytectAnthony said:

Interesting this happened right after the pilot to install "barriers" between the T/O's and the passengers started at 125 st. (4) (5) (6)

Yeah it happened at Rockaway Avenue on the (A) (this was during its overnight schedule).

16 minutes ago, ArchytectAnthony said:

Yes it is isn't it?

Expect "major reroute" in (E) and (F) service tonight as a result of this. Details have been posted. Something happened in the 53rd Street Tunnel requiring immediate attention:

Delays

(E) (F) trains are running with severe delays in both directions.

What's Happening?

We completed urgent track maintenance in the tunnel between Manhattan and Queens.

We are now conducting urgent track maintenance near Queens Plaza, which requires southbound (E) (F) trains to move more slowly in that area.

Our crews will begin heavy repair work near Queens Plaza during the overnight hours tonight, which will require major reroutes to (E) (F) service.

More details for these service changes can be found at mta.info/alerts

While we work to get trains back on schedule:

Take (N) (R) (W) (7) trains between Manhattan and Queens.  

Take (C) trains for local service along 8th Ave.

Take (M) trains for local service along 6th Ave.

LIRR is cross-honoring MetroCard holders and OMNY users between Penn Station/Grand Central Madison and Jamaica (including Woodside, Kew Gardens and Forest Hills).

Posted: 02/29/2024 05:55 PM

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Expect "major reroute" in (E) and (F) service tonight as a result of this. Details have been posted. Something happened in the 53rd Street Tunnel requiring immediate attention:

Delays

(E) (F) trains are running with severe delays in both directions.

What's Happening?

We completed urgent track maintenance in the tunnel between Manhattan and Queens.

We are now conducting urgent track maintenance near Queens Plaza, which requires southbound (E) (F) trains to move more slowly in that area.

Our crews will begin heavy repair work near Queens Plaza during the overnight hours tonight, which will require major reroutes to (E) (F) service.

More details for these service changes can be found at mta.info/alerts

While we work to get trains back on schedule:

Take (N) (R) (W) (7) trains between Manhattan and Queens.  

Take (C) trains for local service along 8th Ave.

Take (M) trains for local service along 6th Ave.

LIRR is cross-honoring MetroCard holders and OMNY users between Penn Station/Grand Central Madison and Jamaica (including Woodside, Kew Gardens and Forest Hills).

Posted: 02/29/2024 05:55 PM

It’s too bad that they can’t reroute the Manhattan-bound (E)(F) via the Queens-bound track at Queens Plaza, Court Sq-23 St, and thru the 53 St tunnel to just east of Lexington Av-53 St (reverse tracking and using D5 track between 36 St and Queens Plaza), and reroute Queen-bound (E)(F) via 6 Av/63 St

Edited by darkstar8983

(4)(5)(6) trains are severely delayed and rerouted in both directions due to an electronic gap filler malfunction at 14 St-Union Sq.

Service Changes:

The last stop on some southbound (5) trains will be E 180 St.

Some southbound (5) trains are running via the (2) line from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Nevins St.

Some southbound (4) trains will end at 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Some southbound (6) trains will end at 3 Av-138 St.

Some southbound (4) trains will end at Wall St.

Northbound (5) trains are running via the (2) line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse.

There is no (6) service between 138 St-Grand Concourse and Wall St.

Listen for announcements to hear how your train will run.

Travel Alternatives:

For service along the (4)(5)(6) line in Manhattan, take a (Q) train.

For service to Brooklyn, transfer to an (N)(Q) or (R) train at 14 St-Union Sq.

For service to Manhattan, transfer to an (N)(Q) or (R) train at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

For service in The Bronx, take a (2) train.

Take a shuttle bus for service between E 180 St and Eastchester-Dyre Av.

I suppose simply bypassing Union Square isn't an option; the MTA temporarily suspends 4, 5, and 6 train service during late evening rush hour.

Posted (edited)
On 2/29/2024 at 10:23 AM, RTOMan said:

This is getting crazy here, Its sad. This is what they are doing to combat crime btw https://abc7ny.com/nyc-subway-crime-nypd-governor-hochul/14495270

I don't mind to take it to random subway topic thread

Edited by JoshTheScrub

Posted (edited)

At 10:43am, I caught a (C) headed to Coney Island via Culver at Spring St. Idk how to attach pics and vids on to here but I have if anyone interested. Funny thing is it ended up going to Euclid but the TO never changed the announcements at Jay St. Many people got off thinking the next stop was actually Bergen St. 

Edited by abj23

8 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

So Far Rockaway has been having switch and signal problems, it’s broke at least 4 times in the past 30 hours. Wouldn’t be surprised if we see an emergency G.O this weekend.

Yeah I heard they were having to end trains at Beach 25 street. Especially not ideal since there is no bus service nearby that area.

Someone shot at Hoyt-Schermerhorn around an hour prior with critical conditions:

(C) service is suspended

Northbound (A) service suspended between Broadway Junction and Jay Street, with limited southbound service between the two (while skipping Hoyt-Schermerhorn). Some (A) in Manhattan will terminate at Chambers St, World Trade Center, or 2 Av - Lower East Side. All (A) making local stops wherever it is not suspended

(G) bypassing Hoyt-Schermerhorn in both directions.

Edited by CyclonicTrainLookout

Part Suspended

Extremely limited (N) (W) service in Queens. Trains are only stopping at Queensboro Plaza and Astoria Blvd.

Take buses or (7) instead.

What's Happening?

We're addressing a signal problem at Astoria-Ditmars Blvd.

Detailed Service Changes

Most (N) (W) trains are not running to/from Queens, and most northbound trains will end at Times Sq-42 St, 57 St-7 Av, or at 96 St on the (Q) .

The few trains that do run in Queens are only stopping at Queensboro Plaza and Astoria Blvd (running express between those stations).

There is no service at 39 Av-Dutch Kills, 36 Av, Broadway, 30 Av or Astoria-Ditmars Blvd.

Alternatives

For service in Astoria, take nearby Q69, Q100-LTD, or Q101 buses on nearby streets.

For service between Astoria and Manhattan, take M60-SBS buses between Astoria Blvd and subway stations on 125th St in Manhattan.

For service between Long Island City and Manhattan, take (7) trains at Queensboro Plaza.

Posted: 03/18/2024 04:20 PM

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

20 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Part Suspended

Extremely limited (N) (W) service in Queens. Trains are only stopping at Queensboro Plaza and Astoria Blvd.

Take buses or (7) instead.

What's Happening?

We're addressing a signal problem at Astoria-Ditmars Blvd.

Detailed Service Changes

Most (N) (W) trains are not running to/from Queens, and most northbound trains will end at Times Sq-42 St, 57 St-7 Av, or at 96 St on the (Q) .

The few trains that do run in Queens are only stopping at Queensboro Plaza and Astoria Blvd (running express between those stations).

There is no service at 39 Av-Dutch Kills, 36 Av, Broadway, 30 Av or Astoria-Ditmars Blvd.

Alternatives

For service in Astoria, take nearby Q69, Q100-LTD, or Q101 buses on nearby streets.

For service between Astoria and Manhattan, take M60-SBS buses between Astoria Blvd and subway stations on 125th St in Manhattan.

For service between Long Island City and Manhattan, take (7) trains at Queensboro Plaza.

Posted: 03/18/2024 04:20 PM

How do you run bi-directional express service, on a line that only has one express track?

Same way you run bi-directionally on any single track line…

one at a time.

i got caught up in a similar event once, though we had use of G2 track, so here we are leaving Ditmars and having to wrong rail down to Queensboro Plaza. Even had direct permission to open up without having to acknowledge my board.

On 3/19/2024 at 1:33 PM, Kamen Rider said:

Same way you run bi-directionally on any single track line…

one at a time.

i got caught up in a similar event once, though we had use of G2 track, so here we are leaving Ditmars and having to wrong rail down to Queensboro Plaza. Even had direct permission to open up without having to acknowledge my board.

Considering the delay in turnaround, I would have just ended the (N) trains at Queensboro Plaza and sent the (W) to 96 St/2 Av (or vice versa to prevent the crossing over of (N)(W) trains in Manhattan. The Queens trains could have terminated on either level at QB

Part Suspended

(M) service suspended between Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs and Broadway-Lafayette St

(J) (M) trains are delayed in both directions.

Emergency teams are responding to a person who was struck by a train at Marcy Av.

For service between Manhattan and Brooklyn, consider (A) (C) trains.

Posted: 03/24/2024 06:14 PM

9 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Part Suspended

(M) service suspended between Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs and Broadway-Lafayette St

(J) (M) trains are delayed in both directions.

Emergency teams are responding to a person who was struck by a train at Marcy Av.

For service between Manhattan and Brooklyn, consider (A) (C) trains.

Posted: 03/24/2024 06:14 PM

How is the (J) not suspended