Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Service Change  Posted: 03/03/2014 12:03PM 

Due to ongoing switch problems at 14 St-Union Square, the following service changes are in effect:

There is limited southbound 4.png and 6.png train service from 42 St-Grand Central to Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall.

Some 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line between 149 St-Grand Concourse and Nevins St in both directions.

As an alternative, customers are strongly advised to use n.pngq.png or r.png train service or M101, M102 and M103 buses.

Allow additional travel time.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Service Change Posted: 03/05/2014 4:05PM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Prospect Park, southbound (B) trains are running local from Prospect Park to Brighton Beach.

Is this the same train that went BIE at DeKalb and at Prospect Park? They probobaly put it in a position where at least trains could run on Brighton.

That (B) train went BIE at Grand, Dekalb AND Prospect Park! It took forever for them to get it south of Prospect Park on A3, the first location where other trains could run around it.....it wasn't a pretty afternoon for the Brighton line......

Edited by Snowblock

I was caught up in that... Announcement said that (B)(Q) runs via the (D)(N) but I went there and no sign of them there... Took a (N) to Avenue U then took the B3 to the (Q) station, and trains were already running again.

It probably would have been faster to wait at Atlantic Barclays.

Yes, when that train was BIE at Dekalb, all trains behind it had to go through the bypass, which puts you on the 4th Ave express at Pacific. And then when it got moving, the (B) and (Q) 's could again go down the Brighton line, but once it BIEed for the third time, they started rerouting for a second time as they had trains backed all the way up Dekalb again. I can confirm that the two (B) 's behind that problem train did get sent down 4th Ave, as well as multiple (Q) 's.

Yes, when that train was BIE at Dekalb, all trains behind it had to go through the bypass, which puts you on the 4th Ave express at Pacific. And then when it got moving, the (B) and (Q) 's could again go down the Brighton line, but once it BIEed for the third time, they started rerouting for a second time as they had trains backed all the way up Dekalb again. I can confirm that the two (B) 's behind that problem train did get sent down 4th Ave, as well as multiple (Q) 's.

When the trains get sent down 4th Ave, did/do they loop up the Brighton Line via Stillwell? Would they use the Seabeach or West End Express to speed up the trip and get back to the Brighton Line?

Yeah, they'll come in on tracks 1-4 at Stillwell and continue to Brighton Beach, where they'll be a crew change to continue to Manhattan. They'll use whichever line has the capacity at the time - yesterday they were using both the Sea Beach and West End.

Cool, did they run express or did they make normal stops?

In a bit of really bad timing, emergency track work on the Astoria line has suspended Q train service north of 57 St-7 Av. Some Queens-bound N trains are short turning as well. Not a good combo for 7-line riders trying to get to Manhattan.

Service Change

Posted: 03/09/2014 9:51AM

Due to NYPD activity at Elmshurst Av,

Southbound (E)(F) and (R) trains are running with delays

Some northbound (E), (F) and (R) trains terminate at Queens Plaza or Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Some northbound (R) trains terminate at 57 St-7 Av.

Service Change  Posted: 03/09/2014  3:07PM

Due to local event in the Wall St area, some 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Flatbush Av-Booklyn College in both directions.

Service Change  Posted: 03/09/2014  2:55PM

Due to signal problems at 125 St, some northbound 2.png trains are running on the 5.png line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Service Change  Posted: 03/09/2014  2:07PM

Due to track maintenance between Briarwood-Van Wyck Blvd and 63 Dr-Rego Park, the following service changes are in effect:

e.png and f.png trains are running local from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Briarwood-Van Wyck Blvd in both directions.

Service Change Posted: 03/11/2014 11:49PM

Due to NYPD Activity at Church Av, southbound (F) and (G) trains are running express from Smith-9 Sts to Church Av.

It seems like there is always something going on at that station southbound at least once or twice a week!

MTA Service Status

Service Change  Posted: 03/12/2014  7:23PM 

Due to trains with mechanical problems at Bushwick AvHalsey St and Wison Av, there is no l.png train service in both directions between Broadway Junction and Myrtle Av-Wyckoff Av.

What's goin on here?  :huh:

MTA Service Status

Service Change  Posted: 03/12/2014  7:23PM 

Due to trains with mechanical problems at Bushwick AvHalsey St and Wison Av, there is no l.png train service in both directions between Broadway Junction and Myrtle Av-Wyckoff Av.

What's goin on here?  :huh:

Don't have any known information, but it reeks of a CBTC failure. 

Yesterday afternoon due to the Queens Blvd trackwork, many R trains turned at 57/7th (to go back to Brooklyn).

This afternoon due to Queens Blvd trackwork and 71st Ave signal problems, the E & F were briefly suspended between 71 Av and Jamaica.  And there were severe delays (that cascaded into the other boroughs) on the E, F and R lines.

Yesterday afternoon due to the Queens Blvd trackwork, many R trains turned at 57/7th (to go back to Brooklyn).

This afternoon due to Queens Blvd trackwork and 71st Ave signal problems, the E & F were briefly suspended between 71 Av and Jamaica.  And there were severe delays (that cascaded into the other boroughs) on the E, F and R lines.

That's why I've been avoiding the (E) and (F) on weekends and late evenings. I go right to the (J) train. Above ground, can use my phone, get to Jamaica without delays and catch my bus just fine.

Last week was the last straw. I took the (F) during fastrack to Jamaica. First I had just missed the (F) and it took forever for the next one to come, we started crawling around 42nd street, delays through Queens Plaza, then local to Roosevelt Ave, switched to the express tracks, still delays all the way to 169th Street. Missed my bus by 2 minutes!!! That's omitting the fact I should have been able to catch the previous bus 30 mins prior. If i took the (J) I would have been home 90 mins earlier!  

QB CBTC work is going to be a nightmare.