Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why SBS try LTD first and then if this B55 works then consider it later on to make it SBS. That's after all the other already proposed SBS routes are completed.

That makes sense. If it does become SBS, the service lanes on Linden would be the bus lane(s).

I believe there should be a Downtown Brooklyn service to LGA. I would name it the B84 and have it run to LGA via BQE after long island city. just an idea

already came up with the idea months ago. However I do think it can work with these stops metropolitan(G) then jackson heights then exit to 23rd ave to LGA. via bus lanes south of jackson heights. Then through downtown brooklyn.

Any route using the BQE, IMO is a bad idea. I also belive that buses are banned along a certain section in Queens, so it wouldn't work anyway.

What's more realistic is a Downtown-JFK service. I call it the B55. It would be SBS, and it would pretty much be a "Brooklyn Connector."

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213458373195564989412.0004c48e95e8ef352bf01&msa=0&ll=40.668172,-73.932753&spn=0.018847,0.038409

any route on BQE Without bus lane/HOV BUSWAY will fail BUT if done with HOV IT WILL WORK!!!!! BUT a JFK route from bowntown brooklyn will FAIL the (A) already does this. Your better off with bay ridge via ft hamilton SUPER LTD. Inaccurate buses are NOT banned on any part of the BQE do your research before shooting down any idea.

Any route using the BQE, IMO is a bad idea. I also belive that buses are banned along a certain section in Queens, so it wouldn't work anyway.

What's more realistic is a Downtown-JFK service. I call it the B55. It would be SBS, and it would pretty much be a "Brooklyn Connector."

https://maps.google....018847,0.038409

Eh, I think most people in Downtown Brooklyn would just take the (A) to the AirTrain. For the East Flatbush area, maybe there's some way to speed up the B35 (I think if you take out the parking, you can squeeze in a bus lane) to connect to the B15.

Eh, I think most people in Downtown Brooklyn would just take the (A) to the AirTrain. For the East Flatbush area, maybe there's some way to speed up the B35 (I think if you take out the parking, you can squeeze in a bus lane) to connect to the B15.

The bus can be faster than the (A) at times, especially with the timers on Fulton Street. Plus, this is the Brooklyn Connector. It's more meant as a connection across Central Brooklyn.

https://maps.google....018847,0.038409

I agree, the BQE always has heavy traffic during the rush, there is no need for a bus to go on it...

I like your idea too, just make it a LTD as College Pt Man said, it would be more realistic if it was..

The bus can be faster than the (A) at times, especially with the timers on Fulton Street. Plus, this is the Brooklyn Connector. It's more meant as a connection across Central Brooklyn.

you cant be serious NO BUS Is faster than (A) besides LIRR/airtrain is an option too. Bqe buses wont work without HOV but with HOV you may take cars off the road cause the bus will be faster. Hov bus is better than no bus at all if it takes cars off the road then SI Xpress buses wont have to put up with gowanus traffic as much improving reliability of X17/10/1

I doubt that the recent addition of timers to the Fulton line has added more than a minute from end to end. Old schedules from the early 2000s can show that.

The (A) takes 29 minutes from Jay St to Howard Beach. Do you think that a bus can beat that?

Considering that the (A) is such a direct route through Brooklyn, I think that a bus linking JFK airport with Manhattan would be less redundant.

I doubt that the recent addition of timers to the Fulton line has added more than a minute from end to end. Old schedules from the early 2000s can show that.

The (A) takes 29 minutes from Jay St to Howard Beach. Do you think that a bus can beat that?

Considering that the (A) is such a direct route through Brooklyn, I think that a bus linking JFK airport with Manhattan would be less redundant.

such a bus exists NY Airport service OR BM5 to 79th to B15. BUT your better off with LIRR/Airtrain if you want JFK from manhattan. Only a brooklyn to jfk can work plus it MUST NOT originate from an area served by the (A) OR IT WILL FAIL.

or make it a variant of B35 LTD via linden from sunset park to jfk

Ok, I don't even know here...

It's not just for Downtown-JFK service, or it would have been an express bus. It's a through route through central Brooklyn.

Not addressing the stupid B35 to JFK BS anymore....

Can't see anyone in downtown wanting to take a bus to JFK.....

hell, a bus from SI to downtown brooklyn would even make more sense - and I don't think that would flourish all too well either.....

As for the B35/B15, what do you mean by ".....squeeze in a bus lane to connect with the 15" ?

Can't see anyone in downtown wanting to take a bus to JFK.....

hell, a bus from SI to downtown brooklyn would even make more sense - and I don't think that would flourish all too well either.....

As for the B35/B15, what do you mean by ".....squeeze in a bus lane to connect with the 15" ?

Basically what ThrexxBus said: For people in the East Flatbush area, they have to take the B35 to the B15, and a bus lane would help speed up the portion on the B35 portion of the trip.

On Google Streetview, it didn't look to narrow, but obviously that's your neighborhood, so I'll take your word on it.

Basically what ThrexxBus said: For people in the East Flatbush area, they have to take the B35 to the B15, and a bus lane would help speed up the portion on the B35 portion of the trip.

On Google Streetview, it didn't look to narrow, but obviously that's your neighborhood, so I'll take your word on it.

I thought you meant to have a bus lane along e 98th & along hegaman as well along church, since you mentioned connecting w/ the 15...... The way that statement was worded came off funny to me.....

What's strange about church av (the roadway) is that, it gets a little smaller each time in like 2 or 3 separate parts..... starting off at the stint b/w 98th & remsen, from there it thins a little b/w remsen & brooklyn.... then it thins a little more b/w brooklyn & ocean.... then it's at its narrowest b/w ocean av & East 7th (I think that is... the block before you hit ocean pkwy)..... ocean pkwy is where church widens up.... then west of ocean pkwy, it's about the same width as the stint b/w 98th/remsen.....

Just like the stint along utica north of eastern pkwy narrows, that's how the stint along church b/w ocean & E 7th is.....

UM In what world are you living in? 30 mins to get from Downtown Brooklyn to JFK???

That statement is totally absurd. I frequent the (A) train going to Far Rock. (Take it from me).

I don't read (MTA) train data. its called experience.

From Midtown Manhattan to Broadway- East New York w/o DELAYS is 45 min.. With DELAYS.. 1 Hour. and vice versa.

From Washington Heights to Broadway-East New York w/o DELAYS is about 70 mins (express), local add another 30 mins.

From Broadway-East New York to the Airport is about 25 mins W/O DELAYS... With delays.. 40 mins and delays are usually on Rockaway Blvd and Howard Beach congestion.

So downtown Brooklyn to JFK airport 30 mins.. INVALID.

UM In what world are you living in? 30 mins to get from Downtown Brooklyn to JFK???

That statement is totally absurd. I frequent the (A) train going to Far Rock. (Take it from me).

I don't read (MTA) train data. its called experience.

From Midtown Manhattan to Broadway- East New York w/o DELAYS is 45 min.. With DELAYS.. 1 Hour. and vice versa.

From Washington Heights to Broadway-East New York w/o DELAYS is about 70 mins (express), local add another 30 mins.

From Broadway-East New York to the Airport is about 25 mins W/O DELAYS... With delays.. 40 mins and delays are usually on Rockaway Blvd and Howard Beach congestion.

So downtown Brooklyn to JFK airport 30 mins.. INVALID.

If all (A) trains were THAT far off schedule, then on-time performance would be MUCH worse than it is. I don't want to turn this thread into an argument about the (A) schedule, but if you don't believe me, you can see this video:

The train is at Howard Beach at 19:00, and at Jay St at 49:00.

What exactly is being dissented here......

- From downtown bklyn to howard beach station in 1/2 hour isn't that far fetched.....

- From downtown bklyn to the actual JFK terminals via the A & AIRTrain easily takes more than 1/2 hour....

In either case, the point is, riders w/i downtown bklyn.aint fin to wanna take public transit by way of a bus to JFK......

ok i think the B36 going to Coney Island should change its last stop to Coney Island west 33rd st...the bus makes a loop around coney island...but sometimes buses finishing their route say last stop and people have to wait for the next one to come in order to transfer...why not make the last stop 33rd and neptune...then buses that finish their route can just turn and deadhead down neptune...33rd and mermaid is fine because you can walk a block from surf or mermaid

ok i think the B36 going to Coney Island should change its last stop to Coney Island west 33rd st...the bus makes a loop around coney island...but sometimes buses finishing their route say last stop and people have to wait for the next one to come in order to transfer...why not make the last stop 33rd and neptune...then buses that finish their route can just turn and deadhead down neptune...33rd and mermaid is fine because you can walk a block from surf or mermaid

Doing that would alienate Sea Gate residents. They already get limited X28/X38 service as it is. At least let them have access to local bus service.