Subway Station riddles

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a 2 track two side platform station within proximity of an area where when the tides hit 10 feet high above the water table revealed a former shadow of a former transportation service in days gone past of my current ROW.  Who am I?

Clue: Not an underground subway station, this is an at-grade station proceeding to a bridge.

Yikes. 86th Street 4th Ave BMT? 

Dual Contract plans called for a BMT overengineering of the Bay Ridge line as indicated by the underground bridge before Bay Ridge Ave on the (R) from 59th Streeet, which is actually a bridge for 4 tracks not 2 and the position of columns along that portion of the 4th Ave line according to sources, yes really insane off the wall guess.....

Yikes. 86th Street 4th Ave BMT? 

Dual Contract plans called for a BMT overengineering of the Bay Ridge line as indicated by the underground bridge before Bay Ridge Ave on the (R) from 59th Streeet, which is actually a bridge for 4 tracks not 2 and the position of columns along that portion of the 4th Ave line according to sources, yes really insane off the wall guess.....

Wow,you got it right...!

I did? Okay yeah I did! Pays to do your homework.

Here's another one: I am a 4 track two platform local station that can become a 4 platform express station if only they would break the walls. If only they would ever complete the line 3 stations down decades ago, I'm overengineered enough as it is! Who am I?

I did? Okay yeah I did! Pays to do your homework.

Here's another one: I am a 4 track two platform local station that can become a 4 platform express station if only they would break the walls. If only they would ever complete the line 3 stations down decades ago, I'm overengineered enough as it is! Who am I?

It's Woodhaven Blvd (M)(R). Someone beat me to it, but might as well say that it was for the old Rockaway RoW connection, which the plan for it was abandoned twice in 1929 and 1939.

Woodhaven Blvd (M)(R)

It's Woodhaven Blvd (M)(R). Someone beat me to it, but might as well say that it was for the old Rockaway RoW connection, which the plan for it was abandoned twice in 1929 and 1939.

Your are both correct. That's the answer. Threxx, I reached my quota, but +1, I'll catch up to your post.

MTA Bus, you're next. Bring it on with the next mindboggling station riddle.

Guest MTA Bus

This station was not supposed to be the last stop. I was supposed to go further than I currently do, but unforently, it never happened. Also, my  station has a unique feature and only one other station has this feature.

I was thinking 205th Street on the (D) and it's feature being direct access to a railyard (Concourse Yard) --- that it was supposed to be extended into two branches to serve the NE Bronx. Which was later not done as part of the IND Second System grand master plan. Instead the city decided to use the former NY, Westchester and Boston RR ROW and have what is now the (5) serve that purpose.

Another terminal has direct access to a yard, Euclid Ave as the IND Fulton Subway was supposed to be extended underground, until after unification plans changed to use of the dual contracts built portion of the Fulton El to the Rockaways via LIRR ROW and to of course, Lefferts/Richmond Hills.

So I'll say 205th St on the (D) for the heck of it. If I got it I'll pass on this one.

Archived