What are your favorite Subway Stations in NYC?

We have the other thread, lets start this one up. No rules. If you come up with more, feel free to add them in as the thread progresses. I do not care what you have to say about other people's suggestions, but I don't want to see this one locked.

200 St (A)

135 St (A)(B)(C)

DeKalb Av (B)(D)(N)(Q)(R)

Church Av (B)(Q)

Brighton Beach (B)(Q)

EDIT: Just so this doesn't become a thread where you name a station just to get your post count up, please post why a particular station is your favorite. Thank you for your compliance.

Lance.

Well then why is the least favorite one opened?

It won't get locked, it will most likely get combined with that thread...

Anyway:

Canarsie-Rockaway Parkway (L)

South 4th Street (N/A)

Fulton Street (A), (C), (2), (3), (4), (5), (J)/(Z)

That's all for now...

168 St on the 1 has always been my favorite station. The arched ceilings, the bridge overpass, the lamp posts on the walls, the dim lighting....a beautiful place!

Also love all of the Dyre branch stations - which were originally commuter stations, and all have their special features. Right now Gun Hill & Baychester both have the C/R boards hidden with greenery!

EDIT: Just so this doesn't become a thread where you name a station just to get your post count up, please post why a particular station is your favorite. Thank you for your compliance.

Lance.

No problem boss.

200 St (A). This is one of my favorite stations because of the 8 Av line. The (A) has always been my favorite and the switching that allows some trains if necessary to skip 200 St and/or enter the yard has just always fascinated me since I was smaller.

135 St (A)(B)(C). The only 6T side station in record. This can surely become useful during GOs, and I was always fascinated how some trains have the capability to not only run on the very inner bypass track (A)(D), but also the Express, which is never used. It has inspired me to build a route in Trainz Simulator on it, and things are looking pretty good so far. It is the third station after the 6T bypass.

DeKalb Av (B)(D)(N)(Q)(R). The only 6T bypass station in the books. Always been fascinated riding past this station in the (D)(N)(W). It allows Express trains to stop at the stop, while allowing the other trains to use the bypass tracks. As mentioned above, this is also part of my Trainz route. It is the second station coming out of a 6T island terminal.

Church Av (B)(Q). Always thought that it would be awesome for the (A) to stop here. The (D)(J)( Q )<Q> or whatever else would come here would take me home to Cortelyou. My current avatar is the 70s ( M ), which once called called Church Av as a stop during it's Brighton Express or Brighton Local days, either one worked fine.

Brighton Beach (B)(Q). The terminal of the (D)( M )( Q )<Q> back in the days. I always took the train to Newkirk and the Brighton Express all the way down to the end of the line. Coney Island sometimes, but most of the time it was getting renovated and only the (W) had access. We had to take a bus, not sure exactly which one it was, to get to CI.

Guest MTA Bus

21st St - Queensbridge (F) The fact that it used to be a terminal station fro the (B)(Q)

Roosevelt Island (F) Second Deepest Station in the system and the only train to stop on a lsland iiin this city

36th Av (N)(Q) Great station to get pictures of the NYC Skyline

Forest Hills - 71st Av (E)(F)(M)(R) Unique terminal in my opinion

42 St/PABT (A)(C)(E) - I like it when the train zooms by the station and "bypasses" one platform (on the other side) before stopping.

103 St (B)(C) - An R32 (A) diving down before ascending at 110 St... win.

Westchester Sq (6) - I like the bi-level structure north of the station.

33 St (6) - Lower express tracks... I like.

21st - Queensbridge (F)...very futuristic looking.

Stillwell Ave (D)(N)(F)(Q)...the noise of the trains coming in is music to my ears.

Jay St - Metrotech (A)(C)(F)...very nice station.

Howard Beach (A)....the nicest surface station in the city imo.

Roosevelt Island (F)....great design.

33rd St (6)....track layout is awesome.

Ocean Parkway (Q)....love the concrete viaduct.

Utica Ave (3)(4).....love the bi level construction and tilework

Stillwell Avenue (D)(F)(N)(Q) - I like how this station got rehabbed.

DeKalb Avenue (B)(D)(N)(Q)(R) - 6 track station and all tracks are used.

Queensboro Plaza (N)(Q)(7)<7> - The only station where you can transfer across the platform from BMT to IRT.

21 St -Queensbridge (F) - Love the way the station looks. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Rockefeller Center (B)(D)(F)(M): the downtown platform track swap -- the (B)(D) runs along the wall on what's normally the "local" track and vice versa

57th/7th (N)(Q)(R): the start for the four-track Broadway line, the front and back ends of the platform are symmetric

9th Avenue (D): ridiculous weaving of track before the station, former Culver Shuttle platform downstairs

18th Street (1): the lazy part of me secretly enjoys its existence

Ditmars Blvd (N)(R) because the Amtrak goes literally above the station, which is rather cool and my school is near this station

Astoria Blvd (N)(R) because of the awesome view of the RFK Bridge

179 St (F) I really just like the way it looks

Coney Island (D)(F)(N)(Q) The station is rather nice and the surrounding area w/the rides and the beach make it perfect :D

Yeah, because Manhattan is definitely NOT an Island.

Not to mention Brooklyn/Queens (Or even SI for that matter)

Ditmars Blvd (N)(R) because the Amtrak goes literally above the station, which is rather cool and my school is near this station

Astoria Blvd (N)(R) because of the awesome view of the RFK Bridge

179 St (F) I really just like the way it looks

Coney Island (D)(F)(N)(Q) The station is rather nice and the surrounding area w/the rides and the beach make it perfect :D

Agreed with CI, but it could just be the fact that I was really tired when I went there, but I thought that 179th was just an average station.

Also, how do you say (R) instead of (Q) Twice?

Not to mention Brooklyn/Queens (Or even SI for that matter)

Agreed with CI, but it could just be the fact that I was really tired when I went there, but I thought that 179th was just an average station.

Also, how do you say (R) instead of (Q) Twice?

Oh, I didn't realize, it was 3am and I was really tired, i thought that i put Q instead of R :o

Archived