The MTA heading your way with good news!

Shortline Bus

First off I'll pass on your later suggestion... Second, I read them and if they were so severe then there would've been more outcry. You yourself said there wasn't enough and the neighborhoods who made the most stink are the ones that got some sort of restoration for the most part. You're pissed at me? You should be pissed at your community. Many of the restorations that occurred in Southern Brooklyn for example I personally have been fighting for for over a year. Wonder if you can say the same thing since you're so upset? It is easy to complain on here, but did you contact your local representative or do anything of the sort? I won't bother with the looks of disgust because I already know the answer.

I'm talking about the BxM7 because you guys get more than your fair share of service when you add everything up and yet you still complain... And they call us folks here in Riverdale spoiled brats... You can't have it both ways... You guys want your BxM7 to run like water AND ALL of your local buses too... Meanwhile communities like Sheepshead had NO local bus and limited BM3 express bus service.

He is pissed at his community. If you hadn't called him ungrateful, he wouldn't have been pissed at you.

And yeah, with the BxM7 having the highest ridership out of all the MTAB express routes in the system, yeah they're really getting more than their fair share of service. :rolleyes: You're the first one to complain about having to stand on an express bus, and yet you're saying they get too much service.

Well listen, local bus service in Riverdale ends rather early too, with only the Bx10 running up here all of the time and the express buses stop running for the most part after 12:30 during the week and Sundays and 01:15 on Saturdays, and we manage. After MetroNorth at 01:50, that is it or you use the Bx10 from the (1) train from the city. I'm sure if we were crying, we would be told to use car service like the folks in Gerritsen Beach for overnight hours. I mean my point is they can't have EVERYTHING, which is what he wants. His BxM7 runs every 5 minutes in some cases and maybe if a few BxM7s were given up he could have more local bus service. It comes down to what the community wants more and if they're really complaining, apparently it isn't getting through to the right people because I have yet to hear about any complaints, but I hear about the complaints from the folks in Harlem loud and clear with the M1. My question is do they want more express bus service or more local bus service?

I swear, this thing is my favorite smilie over here: facepalm.gif

He's not talking about local service ending too early. He's talking about service during the day.

And considering nobody's been complaining about the BxM7, I think it's pretty obvious what they want more of.

Talking about how there's "too much service" in Co-Op City is like talking about how there's too much service going into Kings Plaza: There's demand, so more service is run there.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for 3rd Av/163rd St, I said it before in having the Barretto Point Park bus run from the park to Yankee Stadium to help the Bx6.

It would be called the Bx6A: https://maps.google....b845646503&msa=0

Headways for both Bx6 and Bx6A

AM Rush: 3.5 mins (7 mins for each bus)

Middays: 6 mins (12 mins for each bus)

PM Rush: 4.5 mins (9 mins for each bus)

Evenings and Saturdays: 7.5 mins (15 mins for each bus)

Sundays: 8 mins (16 mins for each bus)

Three things:

1] As was already pointed out, why shouldn't the western portion of Hunts Point have direct access to Manhattan?

2) You would benefit more patrons in that part of Hunts Point if you had the route turn on Spofford instead of Lafayette..... Guaranteed.

3] There's really no need to compromise the current Bx6's headways like that - Just for the sake of having a partial clone that doesn't [serve manhattan (where a large enough portion of the route's users are taking it to/from)] and [serves another part of Hunts Point]..... You can still combine headways and not have the frequency of each route (6's-to-6a's) be 50/50 all day

I don't have a problem with what you're attempting to do..... it's more how you're going about doing it.....

All you have to do is have both routes (6/6a) run from manhattan, and then have them diverge w/i Hunts Point (the neighborhood) themselves...... If you want to short turn some Bx6 service at Yankee stadium, that can still be done......

Because most of the Bx6's crowds are between Yankee Stadium and Southern Blvd. It gets some usage in Manhattan, but not as much as the aforementioned portion. Because of the bridge traffic, the Bx6 tends to bunch. With my proposed Bx6A, it would discourage the bunching and crowding along 161st Street.

I see the bunching first-hand as the Bx6 is my home route.

Three things:

1] As was already pointed out, why shouldn't the western portion of Hunts Point have direct access to Manhattan?

2) You would benefit more patrons in that part of Hunts Point if you had the route turn on Spofford instead of Lafayette..... Guaranteed.

3] There's really no need to compromise the current Bx6's headways like that - Just for the sake of having a partial clone that doesn't [serve manhattan (where a large enough portion of the route's users are taking it to/from)] and [serves another part of Hunts Point]..... You can still combine headways and not have the frequency of each route (6's-to-6a's) be 50/50 all day

I don't have a problem with what you're attempting to do..... it's more how you're going about doing it.....

All you have to do is have both routes (6/6a) run from manhattan, and then have them diverge w/i Hunts Point (the neighborhood) themselves...... If you want to short turn some Bx6 service at Yankee stadium, that can still be done......

If people over in the Western Portion want Manhattan, maybe rerouting the "Bx6A" to via 145th Street Bridge is another idea. 145th Street doesn't have a huge headache in traffic, expect some between Lenox Ave and St. Nicholas, which of course isn't as bad as 155th St. If rerouted, have it run to St. Nicholas Avenue or via 7th Ave to 155th Street and back with the Bx6.

2nd would be to not even add a Bx6A route and use the Bx33 instead to access Hunts Point via the Bruckner Blvd Services Road.

The BxM7 does nothing for co-op city residents trying to get around within the bronx... or even within co-op city itself.....

Princelex has a legitimate gripe....

He doesn't have to complain about (or even bring up) the express bus to have a problem with the local buses in the area......

Well sacrifices have to be made. I like the double standards being made. Gerritsen Beach lost its overnight local bus service (only the B31 serves Gerritsen Beach) and some folks said well they can just take a taxi. Meanwhile folks in Co-op HAVE some local bus service and have bus service overnight and I don't hear anyone talking about folks taking a taxi or any of that. They've got a legitimate gripe, but other communities don't? Is that the idea?

2nd would be to not even add a Bx6A route and use the Bx33 instead to access Hunts Point via the Bruckner Blvd Services Road.

That's good for the 33 on the bronx side, but it does nothin for the 6; which is what he's (cotb) trying to make better.....

Wouldn't that sorta screw up things on the manhattan side for the 33 though; moving it off the madison av bridge & onto the 145th st bridge instead?

Well sacrifices have to be made. I like the double standards being made. Gerritsen Beach lost its overnight local bus service (only the B31 serves Gerritsen Beach) and some folks said well they can just take a taxi. Meanwhile folks in Co-op HAVE some local bus service and have bus service overnight and I don't hear anyone talking about folks taking a taxi or any of that. They've got a legitimate gripe, but other communities don't? Is that the idea?

You can rant & rave however you'd like....

Fact remains that Gerritsen Beach has nothing to do with Co-op city......

Uh, B31 ridership is much lower than the riderhship of any of the Co-Op City routes.

Aside from that, we're not even talking about overnight service.

You can rant & rave however you'd like....

Fact remains that Gerritsen Beach has nothing to do with Co-op city......

I'm sure it doesn't. Two different standards... They need their service so badly but the other communities throughout the city that either lost their service completely or lost some service don't... Just come out and say it.

I'm sure it doesn't. Two different standards... They need their service so badly but the other communities throughout the city that either lost their service completely or lost some service don't... Just come out and say it.

I don't have to say shit about that because those aren't my issues.....

Don't project your issues onto me.....

Well its about time, So does anybody know how often the B4 will be running VIA its old routing come 1/13, will it be the same set up as now or will it be 7 days a week running to Sheepshead Bay?

It seems like 7 days a week(pre June 2010 routing/schedule) as the notice said 'full restoration."

Side note while its great Brooklyn gots some of its service back, for a route like the B39(assume it be 24/7 again)it should not have overnight service.

I don't have to say shit about that because those aren't my issues.....

Don't project your issues onto me.....

Well you did by saying that he has a legitimate gripe. I'm trying to understand what the gripe is? So he has some local bus service and other communities have none. It isn't a question of "issues" per se, but a question of favoritism on your part. So why is it that he has a "legitimate gripe"? The point is that not all communities can get everything with the current fiscal situation.

Well you did by saying that he has a legitimate gripe. I'm trying to understand what the gripe is? So he has some local bus service and other communities have none. It isn't a question of "issues" per se, but a question of favoritism on your part. So why is it that he has a "legitimate gripe"?

No, That's simply the way you want to interpret it to suit your agenda...

Again, don't project your bullshit onto me....

I don't have to compare another community to another community to determine whether the man does or doesn't have a legitimate gripe, regarding local bus service being exacerbated in a community.....

Apparently, you do.... Which is why you're coming at me with this crap in the first place.

While I do admit, that Co-Op City does have the proper service covering it all, there is some loss on a one ride to a destionation.For example, the Bx26 which use to run thru the entie Co-op City zone, is left off for Section 5 and Ash Loop, leaving those in the northern half to use any route up there to connect with it. I'm not a Co-op Rider, but, if it ain't good, then maybe doing a minor adjustment would be nice.

That's good for the 33 on the bronx side, but it does nothin for the 6; which is what he's (cotb) trying to make better.....

Wouldn't that sorta screw up things on the manhattan side for the 33 though; moving it off the madison av bridge & onto the 145th st bridge instead?

The Bx33 wouldn't need to run via 145th Street, TBH traffic way more better on the Bx33 route compared to 145th and 155th Street, which deals with the most heaviest during the peak.

I would have the entire run look like this (with via Walnut Ave)

http://goo.gl/maps/ThgX

I placed it via Southern Blvd to give access to the (6), Bx5, Bx19 Line, if not, then have it run directly via Bruckner to Hunts Point Ave. To bad there isn't a road running between Hunts Point and Port Morris east of Bruckner Blvd, but covered by factories and CSX Train Yard (Oak Point).

If not, then the Bx6A could do, but then half it run via Gateway Mall and up 145th Street Bridge.

No, That's simply the way you want to interpret it to suit your agenda...

Again, don't project your bullshit onto me....

I don't have to compare another community to another community to determine whether the man does or doesn't have a legitimate gripe, regarding local bus service being exacerbated in a community.....

Apparently, you do.... Which is why you're coming at me with this crap in the first place.

The BxM7 does nothing for co-op city residents trying to get around within the bronx... or even within co-op city itself.....

Princelex has a legitimate gripe....

He doesn't have to complain about (or even bring up) the express bus to have a problem with the local buses in the area......

Hmm well I guess I misread what you posted but I sure as heck thought you stated that he had a legitimate gripe...

What is the legitimate gripe that he has when he has several local buses running in his community? Compare that to communities throughout the city with none and then I would call it a "legitimate gripe".

While I do admit, that Co-Op City does have the proper service covering it all, there is some loss on a one ride to a destionation.For example, the Bx26 which use to run thru the entie Co-op City zone, is left off for Section 5 and Ash Loop, leaving those in the northern half to use any route up there to connect with it. I'm not a Co-op Rider, but, if it ain't good, then maybe doing a minor adjustment would be nice.

I think the point in all of this is that the fat has to be trimmed somewhere. Communities with just one bus line should have priority over those with several and I think that's the (MTA)'s thinking and I happen to agree with it. For example, here in Riverdale, just the Bx10 runs after a certain time, so folks don't have the Bx7. I mean that's just the way it is and people are understanding of the situation. I think it's pretty selfish to complain when a community has some sort of local bus service while some communities still have none during the fiscal crisis. It is pretty selfish.

The Bx33 wouldn't need to run via 145th Street, TBH traffic way more better on the Bx33 route compared to 145th and 155th Street, which deals with the most heaviest during the peak.

I would have the entire run look like this (with via Walnut Ave)

http://goo.gl/maps/ThgX

I placed it via Southern Blvd to give access to the (6), Bx5, Bx19 Line, if not, then have it run directly via Bruckner to Hunts Point Ave. To bad there isn't a road running between Hunts Point and Port Morris east of Bruckner Blvd, but covered by factories and CSX Train Yard (Oak Point).

If not, then the Bx6A could do, but then half it run via Gateway Mall and up 145th Street Bridge.

I was gonna actually suggest running his 6a to the mall, but then I saw his last post to threxx about trying to relieve bunching & what not.....

What is the legitimate gripe that he has when he has several local buses running in his community?

Compare that to communities throughout the city with none and then I would call it a "legitimate gripe".

Yeah, several local buses emanating from that community that serves different corridors that have seen cuts of some sort....

You can call whatever, whatever you'd like.....

I don't have to compare something with another for that particular something to be legitimate.....

Yeah, several local buses emanating from that community that serves different corridors that have seen cuts of some sort....

You can call whatever, whatever you'd like.....

I don't have to compare something with another for that particular something to be legitimate.....

Okay, good, I just wanted to be clear of your position... So you have a problem with a community that is pretty much covered service wise losing some service while other communities still have none is that the idea?

Oh and the question above is posed to Princelex too...

It seems like 7 days a week(pre June 2010 routing/schedule) as the notice said 'full restoration."

Side note while its great Brooklyn gots some of its service back, for a route like the B39(assume it be 24/7 again)it should not have overnight service.

The B39 was way under the threshold for overnight service, so I highly doubt it's coming back. (They needed 45 riders, and it had 16).

Okay, good, I just wanted to be clear of your position... So you have a problem with a community that is pretty much covered service wise losing some service while other communities still have none is that the idea?

I'm not addressing your strawman argument because it has nothing to do with whether I think Princelex has a legitimate gripe with his commentary or not....... I didn't say anything ABOUT another community....

Oh and the question above is posed to Princelex too...

When did he say anything about it being alright for other communities to be left without service? He's saying Co-Op City has a legitimate gripe. He's not saying other neighborhoods don't have a legitimate gripe, so you could drop this crap about "favoritism".

I'm not addressing your strawman argument because it has nothing to do with whether I think Princelex has a legitimate gripe with his commentary or not....... I didn't say anything ABOUT another community....

You have in other instances though that's why I'm asking. I'm not just asking out of the blue. You made the comment the other day about folks using the excuse of the elderly and disabled when certain lines are cut or in danger of being cut, which to me means that in some instances if a community is or has lost their service then that's okay. That's why I'm posing this question now. No you haven't stated that directly but your comments seem to imply that.

You have in other instances though that's why I'm asking. I'm not just asking out of the blue. You made the comment the other day about folks using the excuse of the elderly and disabled when certain lines are cut or in danger of being cut, which to me means that in some instances if a community is or has lost their service then that's okay. That's why I'm posing this question now. No you haven't stated that directly but your comments seem to imply that.

I guess in that case, the B39 doesn't matter because both Williamsburg & the LES already have a bunch of routes. Who cares that the B39 is the only one that crosses the bridge, right? :rolleyes: (Not saying I necessarily agree with bringing it back, but there goes your logic back in your face).

You have in other instances though that's why I'm asking. I'm not just asking out of the blue. You made the comment the other day about folks using the excuse of the elderly and disabled when certain lines are cut, which to me means that in some instances if a community is or has lost their service then that's okay.

So you're now gonna present a strawman argument on top of another strawman argument to try to get an answer out of me regarding your original strawman argument......

What I said about the elderly in that post had nothing to do w/ my point of view in this particular discussion regarding the cuts that happened in co-op city.... You can attempt to draw a parallel between the two if you like.... I'm saying there was absolutely none there.... Not even remotely close......

So you're now gonna present a strawman argument on top of another strawman argument to try to get an answer out of me regarding your original strawman argument......

What I said about the elderly in that post had nothing to do w/ my point of view in this particular discussion regarding the cuts that happened in co-op city.... You can attempt to draw a parallel between the two if you like.... I'm saying there was absolutely none there.... Not even remotely close......

LOL.... Nice way to avoid answering the question... Nothing has nothing to do with anything...

----

EDIT: Still waiting to hear from Princelex... He's suddenly become stricken with silence... :lol:

Archived